Bachelors in Civil Engineering Abroad
Bachelors in civil engineering from abroad is a highly sought-after program amongst international students. civil engineering is a vast field that requires a complete understanding of disciplines, techniques, materials of construction and design. Civil Engineers are tasked with constitution and designing projects that demand advanced technological and practical expertise.
If you find yourself interested in the field of design and construction, choosing to pursue a BTech in civil engineering degree would be an apt way to start your career. The duration of the program is 4 years in universities abroad. Any student with a keen interest in building and designing will be able to boost their skills and knowledge with this program.
Pursuing civil engineering in an undergraduate program level will enable students to focus on different core subjects and specialisations related to the course. Aspiring students who want to build a career abroad can opt for this course and create a bright future for themselves in the field of construction and design.
Why Study BTech Civil Engineering Abroad?
The Bachelor’s program in civil engineering is a popular course for students who are interested in the fields of engineering, construction, and design. Here we are providing some reasons why pursuing this degree from abroad universities and colleges is a good idea.
- Industry Experience: Studying Bachelors in civil engineering abroad will enable students to gain first-hand professional experience in the industries. The courses offered by top universities and colleges for civil engineering incorporate technical as well as practical skills for students.
- Reputed Profession: Civil Engineering is one of the most reputed professional fields. Graduates can easily find different job opportunities across construction sectors and many other industries as well. Some of the most well-known agencies, firms, and companies are on the lookout for qualified professionals who have knowledge about civil engineering prospects.
- High Salary: If you are on the lookout for a program that can offer you great salary benefits? After studying at the best colleges for Btech in civil engineering abroad, you can opt for high-paying and reputable job positions.
- Higher Education: Pursuing an undergraduate degree in civil engineering will offer the students an opportunity to apply for their higher studies as well. Some colleges offer easy admission benefits into master's programs for students who have already completed their bachelor's degree from that particular university.
The BTech program in civil engineering is a highly lucrative option for students who want to flourish in their careers. Here are some details about the course structure for an undergraduate degree in civil engineering.
- Duration: BTech civil engineering from the top colleges abroad is of 4 years duration. The program includes paid internships, industry visits, project work and other practical skill-enhancement opportunities for students in the curriculum.
- Core Courses: Bachelor of Engineering in civil engineering is a highly technical course providing industry experience to students. Some core courses included in the program are:
- Fundamentals of civil engineering
- Coastal engineering
- Structural analysis & design
- Earthquake engineering
- Urban engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Electrical Workshop
Colleges and universities have different course subjects for their BTech in civil engineering abroad programs. Some of these course subjects include:
- Computer Science
- Building Science
- Construction Management
- Mining & Geomatics
Colleges and universities for civil engineering abroad offer a wide range of specialisations for the students in their undergraduate programs. Some of these specialisations are mentioned below.
- Construction Technology and Management (CTM)
- Geotechnical Engineering (GTE)
- Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering (HWR)
- Structural Engineering (STE)
Suggested: What are the Best UG Courses in Abroad?
Apart from the academic transcripts and other essential education documents, students also have to acquire important skills to successfully pursue a civil engineering undergraduate course at the best colleges abroad.
- Technical Skills
Civil engineering is a highly technical course that comprises different concepts related to physics and mathematics. Hence, it is important for students to have a proper understanding of mathematical and physical concepts as well as some engineering and technical skills.
- Project Management
In order to pursue a professional career after completing BTech civil engineering, students will also have to polish their project management skills. Being a civil engineer, individuals will be a part of different complicated construction and design projects that require quick thinking and apt decision making.
- Communication Skills
Good communication skills will help you experience the heights of success in your civil engineering projects. It will become much easier to make your plans and strategies known to the clients if you have good communication skills.
For someone who is involved in the field of design and construction, creative skills are extremely important. Students can get the best BTech civil engineering jobs after honing their creative imagination and skills from the top programs abroad.
- Critical Thinking
Quick decision-making and critical thinking are two aspects which are highly valued in the field of civil engineering. Students can develop these skills from the educational programs abroad and use them in their professional careers.
As an individual seeking admission into the best BTech civil engineering colleges abroad, it is important to understand the civil engineering Bachelor degree requirements. Mentioned below are some requirements that students have to fulfil:
High School Certificate
English Language Requirements
Passport and Visa
Let's know these requirements in detail:
High School Certificate
Providing a high school certificate is an absolute requirement for admission to the top BTech civil engineering colleges abroad. You have to pass the 10+2 examination with an aggregate score of 65-70%
English Language Requirements
International students will also have to submit their TOEFL or IELTS test scores to prove their proficiency in English. The minimum requirement for IELTS scores in colleges abroad is 6.0-7.0. The minimum requirements for the TOEFL score are 80-110.
Passport and Visa
Students will also have to submit a valid student visa and passport to study any particular course in universities abroad. Keep in mind that you will have to apply for the visa at least 3 months in advance from your date of travel.
Suggested: Know About Entrance Exam for Abroad Studies
Documents Required to Apply for B Tech Civil Engineering Colleges Abroad
In order to get admission to the top B Tech civil engineering Colleges, students have to submit the following documents:
- Transcripts of previously attended institutions
- Standardised test scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- English Language Test Scores
- Copy of Passport and Visa
- Funding Proof
- Study Permit
- Updated CV or Resume
Admission Process for Bachelor in Civil Engineering Abroad
Students who are applying to the top colleges and universities for a bachelor's degree in civil engineering abroad need to follow these important steps:
- Check the best universities that are offering the courses and programs for BTech civil engineering. Make sure to look at the eligibility criteria of these institutions to find out the one that you like.
- Now browse the official website of the university or college and gather all information about the course curriculum and documents required for admission.
- Submit all the important documents such as English language scores, previous certificates, resume, passport, etc.
- Fill up the application form and pay the application fees demanded by the university of your choice.
- If your application is accepted, you will be asked for an interview with the university board that you must attend.
- After clearing the interview, you will be offered the admission letter and you can book your seat for the program.
- Pay your term fees and start your course.
If you want to get some financial assistance for studying at the bachelor in civil engineering colleges abroad, scholarships are a definite form of help. These scholarships are awarded to students that have academic records and proper eligibility. Let us take a look at the popular scholarships.
1. New Zealand Aid Programme 2023 Scholarships for International Students
All undergraduate students regardless of nationality are eligible for the New Zealand Aid Program. International students must have excellent academic credentials to qualify for this scholarship.
- Students older than 18 years are eligible for the scholarships.
- They must also fulfil all the requirements (academic, English language proficiency, contribution to the development of the country, and work experience).
- Amount/ Benefit: Full tuition fees, weekly allowance, etc.
2. Winston Churchill Foundation of the United States Scholarship Program
International students who enrol on engineering and other STEM courses are considered eligible for this scholarship.
- Students with an exceptional academic record.
- Applicants must not be enrolled into a doctorate program.
- Amount/ Benefit: USD 45000-USD 50000 in total
3. Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
International students from all countries are eligible for the scholarship. Students with limited financial options can opt for this scholarship opportunity.
- Students must provide a certificate of enrollment at a state-recognized German University.
- Foreign applicants must demonstrate their German language skills.
- Amount/ Benefit: USD 750 per month, health insurance, long-term care insurance
Cost of Studying BTech Civil Engineering Abroad
Before you finalise your dream of studying BTech civil engineering abroad, it is important that you gather all information about the cost of studying there. The overall cost of studying BTech civil engineering can be divided into the following sections: program fees and living expenses.
The tuition fee at the best BTech civil engineering colleges abroad ranges from USD 10000 to USD 40000 per year. Some countries have minimal program fees for students and several scholarships as well. However, there are countries that offer expensive courses for students. So, the overall program fees that you have will depend on the institution and the country where you choose to study.
Students will also bear the cost of living in the country when they are pursuing a course from their choice of university. On average, a person has to spend around USD 20000 per year on living expenses. These expenses include housing, food, transportation, course materials, entertainment, etc.
Suggested: Study Abroad with Right Financing
The jobs after BTech in civil engineering from abroad will enable students to build a professional career for themselves. There are many well-known organisations on the lookout for qualified professionals who are well-versed in the concepts of civil engineering. Here are some details about BTech civil engineering jobs.
Average Salary Per Year
Site Civil Engineer
USD 21,000 - USD 22,500
Senior Automation QA Engineer
USD 25,000 - USD 30,000
Structural CAD Technician
USD 20,000 - USD 35,000
USD 21,000 - USD 29,000
Industrial Production Manager
USD 35,000 - USD 46,000
Suggested: How to Work While Studying Abroad?
Students trying to build a career after Btech civil engineering will have a multitude of options provided to them. Most recruiters from the top companies are on the lookout for talented professionals in this area. To learn more about the career options and scope after B Tech in civil engineering from abroad, consult our Yocket Professionals today.
Ques. Which is the best country for an undergraduate degree in civil engineering?
Ans. There are many countries that offer a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. However, some of the top countries are
Ques. What is the course duration of BTech civil engineering abroad?
Ans. The course duration for a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering abroad is about 4 years in total.
Ques. Are there any scholarships offered to the students?
Ans. Yes, students who have exceptional merit and outstanding academic credentials can get financial assistance and scholarships for their BTech civil engineering program.
Ques. What documents should I submit with my application for a bachelor's degree in civil engineering?
Ans. In order to get admission to the top colleges and universities abroad for a undergraduate degree in civil engineering, students have to submit their:
- Education certificates
- English language test scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- CV or Resume
- Passport and VISA
Ques. Are there free BTech civil engineering courses for students?
Ans. Countries such as Finland, Sweden, Iceland, and Denmark offer free BTech civil engineering courses for students.