- KIT combines in a very special way the traditions of a prestigious technical university with a significant large-scale research center. KIT assists in the long-term resolution of the major problems that society, business, and the environment are currently facing through research and education.
- KIT makes the most effective use of its personnel and financial resources to achieve this goal.
- KIT provides top-notch study circumstances as the only top-tier institution in Germany with a significant national research sector. Your chances to participate directly in research are unmatched everywhere else.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Established in 1825
Established in 1825
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 320+ similar aspirants!
On October 1, 2009, the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH and the Universität Karlsruhe (TH) merged to form the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology or KIT for short. In research, education, and innovation, KIT combines the responsibilities of a Baden-Württemberg university with those of a Helmholtz Association research center.
Top Reasons to Study in the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Cost of Studying at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
More rankings for this university
The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is positioned at #216 among all universities worldwide. Schools are rated based on how well they perform against a set of generally recognized quality measures.
Admissions at The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
How to Apply at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
For domestic and international students, the application process for undergraduate and graduate programs at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is the same. Here's a step-by-step guide for application to KIT:
- Visit the admission portal at bewerbung.studium.kit.edu/prod/campus/Portal/Start?l=en.
- If you are a new user, click Register and choose the courses you want to take. For verification, an activation code will be sent to your email. You can then set up a password for your account after that.
- After choosing the degree and creating an account, students can fill in all the information, such as account data, personal details, contact details, citizenship information, etc. After reading the conditions, press the "Submit" button.
- Before applying, students can check or change any of its details whenever they like.
- Students learn the results of their admissions decisions within three to six weeks of completing their applications.. The University sends qualified applicants an email informing them of their selection. By visiting the application portal and logging in with their credentials, applicants can monitor their status.
Documents Required to Apply to Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- TOEFL Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- IELTS Certificate
- Declaration for financial support
- Research proposal outline (MA, PhD)
- Supervisor Agreement Form (PhD)
- Proof of fee payment
- Application fee
- Health and Life Insurance
- Student visa
- Online Application form
- Local Language Certificate
Exams Accepted By the University
570 on Paper-based test
230 on a Computer-based test
88 on Internet-based test
6.5 bands; no band below 5.5
A, B, C Grade
A, B, C Grade
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
a year ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
- A customized ticket for use on the whole railway system of the Karlsruhe Transport Authority is called a "Studikarte" (Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund - KVV). It is accessible in the International Student Center in the Adenauerring dining hall foyer, at KVV service centers, and at railway stations with the presentation of the KIT-Card and the KVV warrant.
- On-Campus South, there are two pump and repair stations, and a mobile bike repair service. They are free for use by KIT employees and students for small bike maintenance and tire inflation.
- Bicycles and e-bikes are available for short-term rentals through the Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund's (KVV) KVV.nextbike service. The bikes can be leased and returned at various locations after registration. Students receive discounted rates.
Services offered by the university
The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HsKA), and Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Karlsruhe all utilize the information resources and services offered by the KIT Library (DHBW-KA).
There are various areas where the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is spread out. The campus south is around 10 km from the center of Karlsruhe, whereas the campus north is located in the administrative district of Karlsruhe next to Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen. Additionally, there are additional locations in the cities of Dresden, Karlsruhe, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and Ulm. Please be sure to learn how to get to the location you're searching for before making plans to visit us.
The Institute of Sports and Sports Science's fitness, health, and diagnostics walk-in facility is a health-focused gym. Individual strength and endurance training on cutting-edge exercise equipment with professional instruction, a wide selection of courses, thorough, in-depth diagnostics, and use of the sauna and pool are just a few of the chances available.
- General Student Committee (AStA)
- working groups
- AStA registered student university groups
- Student Council Architecture
- Department of Chemistry and Life Sciences
On campus accomodation
On-campus accommodation is offered by KIT. Over three stories, 113 single and double rooms are home to international department students. The rooms are fully equipped and come with everything you could need, including private bathrooms, Internet access, and telephone connections.
We advise you to apply for many home alternatives as soon as you can because the housing situation in Karlsruhe is quite tight.
Four to nine students in each group share a contemporary kitchen and a dining and work area. These communal areas face out into a lovely atrium that hosts gatherings, open-air assemblies, and numerous student activities.
The International Department's campus is close to Karlsruhe's ancient castle in the city's heart, just a short distance from the main retail district but in a peaceful area. It complies with strict service and living standards: All pupils can access wireless technology and other contemporary devices.
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:4
Research opportunities at university
The scientific expertise of the nearly 140 KIT Institute members serves as the foundation for the majority of KIT research. They are supported by a world-class scientific infrastructure that is unmatched.
These scientists work in Karlsruhe Institute of Technology specialties requiring specialist knowledge. Eight Karlsruhe Institute of Technology Centers serves as a centralized hub for program-oriented and coordinated research activities at the KIT, and a platform for internal and external partners to communicate and develop business strategies.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
More than 30 commercial, technical, and scientific vocations are covered by KIT's vocational training programs. Approximately 160 young trainees begin their occupational training at KIT each year after completing their secondary general, intermediate, or grammar school education. About 200 full- and part-time trainers supervise them. In addition to traditional vocational training, Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State Universities and KIT offer bachelor's programs. At a Cooperative State University, theoretical training periods alternate with actual training phases at KIT.
1. Do applications have a fee?
No application fees are required of applicants at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology for whichever program they want to pursue. It implies that international applicants are not charged to apply to the university.
2. What is the cost of the courses?
Each language's timetable is mentioned with the price of each course. For kit students, one course each semester is free (financed by quality assurance funds). Additional courses are priced according to the pricing listed on the website.
3. Do classes continue after the semester break?
There are intense Italian, French, Spanish, and English classes over the semester break. On this website's pertinent pages, you can discover more details.
4. What topics may I study at KIT for my Bachelor's and Master's degrees?
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology's official website lists all programs. The application process for a doctoral program differs from a Bachelor's or Master's degree program.
5. How can I apply for a Bachelor's or Master's degree program?
Please fill out the online application. You may find more details about the application procedure in this article above.