Masters (MS) in Embedded Systems Abroad
It may seem surprising that every person in this world uses embedded software in daily life! You must be wondering how? If we see the examples of an "embedded system", various daily objects, from clothes to pens, furniture, and watches, play a crucial role. An embedded system is a software & hardware system built on a microchip or microcontroller that executes specific operations within a wider mechanical or electrical system.
According to a report by Global Market Insights, the embedded software market is predicted to grow from $ 13.5 Billion in 2020 to over USD 21.5 billion in 2027. And if you're planning for a master degree in embedded systems, it is one of the best options to study technological development. The program will provide international students with the abilities essential to build, evaluate, and improve upcoming and present eras of embedded software and hardware systems. Through this course, students will master the foundations of embedded system creation and operation in this creative and one-of-a-kind master's program.
Why Study Masters in Embedded Systems Abroad?
A master's degree in embedded systems is suitable for students who pursue their bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering. MS in embedded systems is beneficial even for students with technical background and looking for advanced studies to work in aerospace, automobile, and similar sectors. Furthermore, the worldwide employment market for embedded systems specialists is promising. A few of the factors why you should get a master's degree in the embedded system include the following:
- Top Institutions: Foreign universities are well-known for their top-ranked and high-quality education. Universities such as the University of Westminster and the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom, Carnegie Mellon University and the University of California in the United States, and even Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands are well-known among foreign students seeking Masters in Embedded Systems Abroad degree programmes. A master's degree from a foreign university will provide you with better exposure to the changing face of the industry.
- Service range: The field of embedded systems is vast. You are given the opportunity in industries that are impartial. Embedded systems are software and hardware systems that are utilised in a variety of industries such as defence, aviation, health, vehicles, telecommunications, medical, automation, transportation, ecology, and others.
- Demand in the Job Market: Because of the prevalence of devices with built-in microprocessors, companies all around the world are searching for engineers who can run embedded systems. The global market for job opportunities in embedded systems technology following a master's degree is expected to grow rapidly in the coming future.
Suggested:Top Reasons to Study Abroad
International students pursuing masters in embedded systems have many choices when choosing courses and curriculum content. Various academic projects are being conducted at universities abroad in partnership with large IT organisations offering students the opportunity to obtain an invaluable understanding of industry processes while enrolled in university.
- Course Duration: The masters in embedded systems is a two-year postgraduate degree program divided into four semesters. The program introduces embedded systems, programming, infrastructure and security, prototype design and validation, data processing, processor layout, and framework of embedded systems.
- Core Courses: The development of revolutionary equipment and software lies at the heart of technical and industrial advancement. The master's program in embedded systems is a collaboration between the fields of computer science, mathematics, and electrical engineering. Some of the core courses are:
- Project for graduation
- Networking Embedded
- System on a Chip (SoC)
- Time-based Systems
- Validation of the System
- Software Embedded
- Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- Embedded System Quantitative Evaluation
- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- The architecture of Embedded Computers
Suggested:Benefits of Studying Abroad!
This program introduces embedded system design utilising a building block technique, which helps you to visualise an embedded system's requirements and then design it effectively. It will show you how to develop power supplies for embedded systems. The evolution of electronic processors is typically included in the MS in embedded systems syllabus. The following topics are covered in Embedded Systems:
- Microcontrollers and microprocessors
- System software
- Image Processing in Digital
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Assembly planning
- Programming Device Drivers
- Wireless sensor networks and networks
The Embedded system has a greater scope than other areas. The introduction of AI technology will increase the utilisation of embedded systems. As a result, the potential of embedded system development seems promising. In the embedded system, you will have a number of alternatives. The following are among the specialisations available for masters in embedded systems:
- Real-Time System Development
- Validation of the System
- Creating Intelligent IoT Devices
- Secure Embedded System Development
- Internet of Things Programming
- Security and Web Connectivity in Embedded Systems
Suggested:Exams to Study Abroad
When obtaining a master's degree in embedded systems, you must have specific competencies. The following are the most important skills for embedded system programmers that will place you in top universities abroad. Some of them are:
Students must be well-versed in computer languages, software components, and real-time operating platforms. It is necessary to be familiar with fundamental of applications of software and operating systems.
To deal with complex difficulties that arise in embedded system technology, it’s important to have problem-solving abilities.Having a problem solving skill is an important part of this IT field.
Creativity, communication, critical thinking, and teamwork are important when studying embedded systems. Having good analytical skills will really help in professional life while in the field.
Suggested:How to Study Abroad for Free?
Before applying to universities abroad, you must meet specific qualifying criteria and master embedded systems course prerequisites. While these factors and entrance standards differ for every university, a few more important ones are listed here. Go through the details below-
- Bachelor's degree Certificate
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GRE or GMAT Scores
- Work Experience
- Student Visa & Passport
Let’s understand the details -
- Bachelor's Degree Certificate
A bachelor's degree certificate is the most frequent entry criterion for masters in embedded systems overseas. You must have a bachelor's in electrical engineering, computer programming, or a strongly linked discipline, from a recognized university with 60-70%.
- English Language Proficiency Scores
When you apply as an international student in any abroad country, you must submit English language test results to be eligible for the program. The required scores for IELTS/TOEFL exams are:
- Scores on the GRE or GMAT
Postgraduate entry exams, such as the GRE or GMAT, are also necessary. These scores are used to assess your profile. However, several elite colleges' competitive exam scores are as follows:
- Working Experience
Universities may ask for job experience to get an MS in embedded systems. Possessing 2-3 years of work experience is therefore advantageous.
- Student Visa & Passport
A student visa and updated passport are a must for overseas students who decide to enrol in MS in Embedded systems abroad. Make sure you apply for the visa minimum of 3 months before the tentative departure day.
Documents Required to Apply for Masters in Embedded Systems Abroad
Application to admission for a master's in embedded systems abroad requires multiple documents. To assess the equivalency of your university admission, consider the following documents:
- Education transcripts of previous institutions
- Standardised test scores
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Updated Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Funds
- Valid Passport
- Study Permit
Important Resources to Read About Abroad
Admission Process for Masters in Embedded Systems Abroad
Universities often affirm ME Embedded Systems students based on their graduation grades. To avoid missing out on a spot in this programme, aspirants should regularly visit the websites of their preferred colleges. Applicants with technical degrees are eligible to apply for this programme. MS embedded systems instruction language is English. Students can fill out an entry request form by following the steps outlined below:
- Find out the best universities for MS in embedded systems.
- Browse the university websites and collect all the information required for admission to Masters in Embedded Systems.
- Enter the College / Institution's authorised URL link into the web browser.
- Click on the Applications tab on the Main website.
- Choose the PG program i.e., Masters in Embedded System
- Continue to the applications section. Choose your admission test option for masters in embedded system
- Fill out the admissions test application and submit the application fee by the deadline.
- Submit all documentation, including exam results, transcripts, and certifications.
- After completing your applications, you will be requested to attend an entrance examination as part of the university's admissions process.
- After passing the interview, you will receive your acceptance letter and will be able to reserve your place at the university.
- Pay your tuition fee and study your chosen course at the university.
Suggested:Best Countries to Study Abroad
You will have no trouble financing your own education and living abroad because you'll have many job opportunities while studying. Grants, scholarships, and internships are examples of such financing. A grant is the greatest approach to reducing the costs of pursuing a master's degree in embedded systems abroad. A few of these grants are as follows:
- SEG Scholarships -USA
SEG offers such scholarships to students all over the globe. These scholarships are mostly awarded to international students on merit to MS in Embedded system students or pursuing any course in the USA. They check thorough academic records.
- You need to present a cover letter along with the application form.
- You need to have an excellent score as an undergraduate in the relevant field.
Benefits: Up to USD 10,000(INR 7,97,085)
- International Pathways scholarship- UK
Coventry University offers this scholarship to international students who are not eligible to direct entry to this university. They support students to achieve academic excellence and help them gain professional skills to study.
- This is for ambitious global students for extra financial support.
- You need to successfully enrol for the course.
Benefits: USD 4000 (INR 318834)
- European Masters Scholarship in Embedded Computing Systems- Germany
The University of Kaiserslautern offers this scholarship to international students.Students who are pursuing higher education from the university can seek this grant.
- International students with strong academic achievements and great English language competence are encouraged to pursue master's degrees.
- Students should carry all the prescribed documents
Benefits: USD 4000 (INR 31,88,34)
Suggested: Get a Scholarship to Study Abroad?
Cost of Studying Master’s in Embedded Systems Abroad
When applying for master's degrees in embedded systems, you must consider the whole cost of education, including program fees and living expenses. It is critical to organise your finances and analyse the costs of several locations to choose which one best fits your budget.
1. Tuition Charges
Most institutions and colleges charge roughly USD 57,000- 36,000 (INR 45,00,000- 29,00,000) per year for a masters in embedded system. However, most public institutions in nations such as Germany and the United Kingdom charge lower tuition to overseas students.
2. Living Expenses
Aside from tuition prices, students must take into account the cost of residing in their chosen nation. The average monthly living expense, including transportation, lodging, meals, and other expenses, is roughly (USD 2000-1000 INR 170000- 85000). However, prices may vary depending on the country.
Suggested: Education Loan for Study Abroad
After completing MS in embedded systems from abroad, students can find interesting job opportunities because there is a high need for computer programmers and embedded systems specialists due to the increase in system capabilities and application areas. Some of the opportunities and payscale offered are:
Average Salary Per Year
Wireless SiVal Embedded Engineer
USD 89,431 ( INR 7131853)
USD 87,893 (INR 7009203)
Senior Software Engineer
USD 114,019 (INR 9091989)
Embedded Software Engineer
USD 94,138 ( INR 7506658)
USD 77,350 (INR 6167966)
Embedded Software Developer
USD 102,143 (INR 8144984)
Suggested: Getting a Job While Studying Abroad
Masters embedded systems from abroad universities offers a promising career for students who are keen to get into this field. Since we have covered all aspects of MS in embedded systems, you can still connect with Yocket professionals to know more. With the success rate of 95% in visa application, and 18+ years of experience, you will get the best consultation.
Ques. Is MS in embedded systems computer science and engineering?
Ans. The specialisation in embedded systems is a branch of engineering and computer science that deals with studying and developing many elements of system devices and software, especially for microelectronic applications.
Ques. What are some popular international embedded master's qualifications?
Ans. In universities, renowned master's programs in embedded systems tend to involve:
- Master of Engineering: Robotics and Embedded Software
- Master of Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems
- MSc in Embedded Systems Engineering
- Master of Advanced Studies - Wireless Embedded Systems
Ques. Is it easier to get work in Germany following MS?
Ans. Yes, since Germany is indeed a land of possibilities. A prolonged visa stay of 18 months also assists overseas students in determining the finest career for themselves. Students of masters in Embedded Systems may will have a easy process to find a job in the country.
Ques. Is the GRE necessary for a master's in Embedded Systems in the United States?
Ans. Yes, GRE results are needed by the majority of colleges in the United States that offer master's degrees in embedded systems. A GRE rating of 320 or more is particularly competitive regarding entrance to elite colleges, while minimum criteria are rarely given.
Ques. What is the approximate cost of pursuing a masters in embedded systems abroad?
Ans. The approximate cost of pursuing an embedded systems master's degree abroad is roughly USD 36,000 (INR 2870676) annually, excluding living expenses.