Masters (MS) in Electrical Engineering Abroad
Electrical Engineering involves the study and application of electricity and magnetism to solve critical problems. Some of the branches are Power Systems and Power Electronics. Computer Science and Engineering originated from Electrical Engineering. An Electrical Engineer’s tasks vary a lot. Some design complex power systems, while some might design microscopic electronic devices and circuitry.
The field became an identifiable occupation after commercialization of the electric telegraph, the telephone and the electric power distribution and its uses. A Masters in Electrical Engineering is an extremely profitable degree as it allows students to explore research, industry, academia as well as pursue entrepreneurial ventures.
Common modules you will find on an electrical engineering program include:
- Engineering mathematics
- Computing for engineers
- Engineering materials
- Digital circuits and systems
- Electrical systems engineering
- Electromagnetics and electronic materials
- Engineering design and practice
- Power electronics
A Masters in Electrical Engineering aims to cover the basic fundamentals, principles and precious industry knowledge. Masters in Electrical Engineering subjects include:
- Power Systems and Modeling and Design
- Stochastic and Non-linear Control Systems
- Advanced Power Electronics and Drives
- High Voltage Engineering
- MIMO Communication
- Digital Image Processing
Some of the specializations offered in a Masters in Electrical Engineering are as listed below:
- Bioengineering, acoustics, and magnetic resonance engineering
- Communication systems
- Control systems
- Power and energy systems
- Signal processing
What Skills Should an Electrical Engineer Have?
- Circuit design.
- Apply linear systems theory and analysis.
- Develop electrical schematics.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Build and operate computer systems.
- Prepare operational plans.
- Electronic equipment maintenance.
- Direct construction activities and equipment upkeep.
The requirements for a Masters in Electrical Engineering are similar across the world. Listed below are some of the basic requirements:
Most of the universities in the USA, Canada require you to give the GRE. Few universities from Germany require GRE scores. However, GRE is not required for admission to Australian universities.
IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring student visa and as a proof of English proficiency.
A Bachelor’s degree is Electrical Engineering or related disciplines is also required for a Masters in Electrical Engineering.
Electrical Engineering scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22
- VinUniversity Scholarships for International Students, Vietnam
- EFS scholarship program Thailand 2021-2022 for International Students
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships Sweden
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters fully funded Scholarships Switzerland
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship
There’s a wide range of industries you can work in as an electrical engineering graduate, including energy, IT, telecommunications, aerospace and automotive. Some of the jobs directly related to a degree in electrical and electronic engineering include:
- Electrical power engineer
- Software engineer
- CAD technician
- Design engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Broadcast engineer