At the famous University of South Carolina, aspirations for both the classroom and the workplace are realized every day. Its campus has a strong tradition of developing the next generation of leaders, whether in contemplative Horseshoe study sessions or energetic student experiences. Added benefits of studying here include:
- For freshmen who do not reside in South Carolina, there is a wide range of University of South Carolina scholarships that are given out by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- You are immediately given consideration for merit scholarships when you submit an application for admission to UofSC. Only first-time students who will be enrolled in the autumn semester are eligible for these awards. Except for the Provost Scholars Award, which may be added to any other award listed in this section, non-residents are only eligible for one Admissions Merit Award per person.
- Non-institutional scholarships are outside awards with no connection to the University of South Carolina. Businesses, agencies, organisations, groups, and/or individuals directly sponsor them.
- All federal direct loans are available through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Federal direct subsidised and/or unsubsidized loans are automatically given to students at UofSC as part of our financial aid package. You have the option of accepting or rejecting a loan as a student.
- To improve the student experience, the University of South Carolina collaborates with a variety of institutions and initiatives. You can earn college credit while building lifelong memories through transitory study, concurrent enrollment, national student exchange, education abroad, and concurrent enrollment.
- The federal government provides cash to support federal grants. The Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, and Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant are all available at the University of South Carolina.