Masters (MS) in Cyber Security Abroad
Cyber Security is the protection of computer systems from theft or damage to its hardware, software or data. It involves controlling physical access to the system to protect against malicious attack and other malpractices.
The field is growing due to increasing dependence on computer systems, internet and wireless networks such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and also due to the growing usage of devices like smartphones, television, and devices that constitute the Internet of Things.
A Masters in Cyber Security teaches you how to defend against cyber attacks and security breaches. Sometimes also called Masters in Information Security, it is a degree that is attracting jobs from high-profile organizations to protect their data and create a tough barrier to breach.
The content of your cyber security course will largely depend on where you choose to study. However, most programs across the globe will offer classes in these core areas:
- Cyber threat intelligence and incident response
- Software and security management
- Security design principles
- Computer law and ethics
- Cyber defense
- Cyber threats
- Computer networks and systems
A Masters in Cyber Security student uncovers various technologies that are used by the industry to prevent malevolent attacks on computer systems. Few of the core subjects include:
- Advanced Persistent Threat
- Advertising Network
- Bulletproof Hosting
- Computer Ethics
- Computer Forensics
- Computer Security
- Computer security policy
- Cyber ShockWave
- Cyber Spying
- Cyber Security Standards
Multiple specializations are offered for a Masters in Cyber Security, some of which are listed below:
- Usable Security
- Software Security
- Hardware Security
The Top Skills Required for Cybersecurity Jobs
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Knowledge of Security Across Various Platforms
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Fundamental Computer Forensics Skills
- A Desire to Learn
- An Understanding of Hacking
The requirements for a Masters of Cyber Security are quite general. Listed below are some of the basic requirements:
Most of the universities in the USA, Canada require you to give the GRE. Few universities from Germany require GRE scores. However, GRE is not required for admission to Australian universities.
IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring student visa and as a proof of English proficiency.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is also required for MS in Cyber Security.
Cyber Security scholarships 2021 - 2022
- CYD Fellowships 2021 Switzerland - A Talent Program for Cyber - Defence Research
- Chancellor’s and Vice Chancellor’s International Awards, UK 2021-22
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students
- Automation of Cyber Software Security PhD Scholarship - University of Queensland, Australia
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters fully funded Scholarships Switzerland
PhD Game Theory, Mechanism Design, and Cybersecurity International Awards - UQ Australia
Jobs available to those holding a master's in cyber security include:
- Chief information security officer (CISO)
- Computer information systems manager.
- Computer network architect.
- Cybercrime analyst/investigator.
- Cyber security analyst/consultant.
- Cyber security architect.
- Cyber security director.
- Cyber security engineer.