Bachelors in Chemical Engineering Abroad
Chemical engineering is a multi-disciplinary branch of engineering. It combines natural and experimental sciences, along with life sciences plus mathematics and economics to design, develop, produce, transform, transport, operate and manage the industrial processes that turn raw materials into valuable products. To do this Chemistry and principles of engineering are combined to produce chemicals and their by-products.
Are you interested in battling the various problems relating to food, drugs and chemicals that abound the world? Maybe not, it's a tough battle without proper resources for you to use in combat. But if I were to tell you that there was a way where you can combine the latest technology to develop and design certain chemical manufacturing processes that would have to solve many real-world problems afflicting humankind, would you pick up the gauntlet? Just imagine: Chemistry + Technology. Science and Mathematics. Anyone can see that the combination is a firecracker. If you're interested in this glorious idea, then a Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering is the right course for you.
Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor’s of Chemical Engineering:
- Mass and Energy Balances
- Process Control
- Heat and Mass Transfer Phenomenon
- Fluid Mechanics
- Process Design
- Reaction Kinetics/Reactor Design
As a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering is a multi-disciplinary degree it requires knowledge of subjects apart from Chemistry also. Following are the subjects required:
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Newtonian Physics and Electromagnetism
- Differential Equations and Vector Calculus
Other areas you could choose to specialize in with your chemical engineering degree include :
- plant design
- polymers and biopolymers
- product design
- environmental engineering
- reactor technology
- bioenergy and fiber technology
Key skills for chemical engineers:
- An aptitude for and interest in chemistry.
- IT and numeracy skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Communication and teamworking skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Chemical Engineering scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Following are the job roles after Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering:
- Occupational Safety Engineer
- Technical Specialist
- Biomedical Project Engineer
- Management Process Design
- Mechanical Research Engineer
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Production Engineer