The United States is the global epicenter of education, housing most of the world's premier universities. Affordability is a pivotal factor when considering where to pursue higher education in the United States. It is important to note that despite the steep tuition costs, numerous Indian students continue to favor studying in the most esteemed states in the USA.
Take the first step towards studying abroad in the USA with Yocket Premium. Annually the USA attracts more than 2 lakh Indian students yearly to pursue the ambition of gaining the best international education, and Yocket can help you become one of them.
Planning for higher education in the United States has never been challenging with the assistance of our Yocket Counsellors. No more waiting! Sign up for a FREE consultation with our experts to kickstart your dream of studying in the United States!
The top state to study in the USA ranks well in career and research opportunities, universities, affordability, tuition, and graduate income. Thus, learning about the best states in the USA for Indian students gives you an advantage, allowing you to pick the best state for Indian students that matches your demands and providing you with an idea of the lifestyle you'll lead. Keep reading to learn more about the best states in the USA for Indian students, the best states to study in the USA, etc.
|Table Of Contents|
Why Study in the USA?
Students who study in the best states to study in the USA and graduate from prestigious US universities will have an advantage over their colleagues when applying for jobs abroad because a US degree is highly valued worldwide. Students go to the United States for three main reasons:
- There are numerous colleges and universities to choose from (approx. 4,000 universities)
- Research projects that compete on a global scale
- Infrastructure and job opportunities
- A diverse range of students attend US universities
- Services and assistance explicitly tailored to the needs of international students
The United States has 27 of the world's top 100 universities, according to QS World University Rankings 2023. The United States enrolls more international students in engineering, mathematics, computer science, business, and management courses than any other country.
Do you need clarification about which state to choose for your study abroad plan and where to live? Don't be concerned! We've got your back. Book your one-on-one consultation with an expert and allow us to guide you through the entire process, from selecting the best colleges that match your profile to preparing you for the admission examinations with Yocket Prep.
5 Best States In USA For Indian Students
These states can easily be the best in the USA for Indian students because of their high-quality institutions, appeal, student diversity, affordability, employers' presence, and students' viewpoints. The following are the top five best states in the USA for Indian students:
- New York
Let's learn about them in detail:
California is among the best states in the USA for international students, known for the 9 top-ranked universities, the best graduate salaries nationally, and its landscape. Students are drawn to California because of its cultural history, diversity, activities, low tuition fees, and trillion-dollar economy, infrastructure, and industrial investments rivaling many independent countries.
Universities in California have produced graduates who have founded Yahoo, Snapchat, and PayPal. Apart from being one of the best states to study in the USA, California is a global trendsetter credited with developing movies, the Internet, and more. Many state colleges serve as "feeder schools" for Silicon Valley's most prestigious tech firms.
- Average cost of tuition: $8,192 (INR 6,81,088.61) /year
- Brands based in the state: Apple, Alphabet, Intel, Walt Disney Company, Hewlett Packard, Cisco Systems, Oracle, Tesla
- Salary: In California, the average salary is $111,622 (INR 92,80,052.16) /year
- Student life: First of all, there are plenty of research opportunities that you can avail in all California universities. If you choose to live in California, you will experience different languages, tastes, cultures, people, ideas, events, and activities daily. The liberal and culturally diverse nature of California and its inhabitants ensure you'll be right in the thick of the melting pot of diversity.
The range of California's terrain makes weekend sports and activities viable, including surfing along its famous shoreline, hiking along its numerous scenic nature paths, and visiting its many gorgeous forests and state parks. Half of California's land area is forested.
In Southern California, Mojave, the south-central desert, and Death Valley are extreme sports and sightseeing hotspots. You'll be surrounded by unique land features wherever you study in California.
Once the California sunsets, plenty of ways to stay entertained exist. Theme parks have late-night attractions and light shows. Downtown Disney and Universal CityWalk Hollywood offers family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment at night.
Downtown L.A., San Diego, and San Francisco's hippest neighborhoods, as well as Oakland, Fresno, and Palm Springs are filled with brew pubs, theatre, comedy, and classic dive bars that you shouldn't miss out on.
2. New York
Diversity, inventiveness, resilience, and convenience define the "Empire State" that is New York. It boasts 10 top-ranked universities, of which New York University (NYU) has the highest international student admission rates, exceeding nearly 13,000 students, making New York one of the best states for international students in the USA.
This state is a financial and business hub with high graduate salaries. Universities in New York are a great destination to study whether you love theatre, food, books, or history. New York is known as the 'land of opportunity' and has a strong startup culture. The only downside is that rooms here are pricey, so your cost of living can be expensive.
- Average cost of tuition: $8,467 (INR 7,03,952.73) /year
- Brands based in the state: JPMorgan Chase, Verizon Communications, Citigroup, MetLife, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs Group, Morgan Stanley
- Salary: In New York, the average salary is $82k (INR 68,17,332.40) per year.
- Student life: New York is one of the world's most diverse cities, with people from over 110 nations. This city has inhabitants of all religions and ethnicities. New York City is a unique worldwide experience because of its numerous cultures. You can follow your hobbies and discover new interests quickly. With daily concerts and performances, there's always something to do.
New York has over 50 Fortune 500 organizations so that students can gain industry experience. Many corporations provide internships so students can work for a multibillion-dollar company. This city's industries range from modeling to banking. New York's 800,000 restaurants and cafes span all tastes and cuisines, from 99-cent pizza to Michelin-starred restaurants.
The 24/7 Subway system is cost-effective, quick, and easy to use. If the subway is too full, buses are available citywide. Taxi or Uber are alternative options if you are okay with traffic. New York contains over 100 museums with over 100,000 prehistoric to modern objects. Its museums, architecture, and neighborhoods reflect New York's past.
We understand that it takes lots of time to research universities in the USA for your international study plan based on your interests. This is why we’ve brought to you the right resources. You can use Yocket's College Finder to dig out your dream institutions' prerequisites and compare them based on tuition rates, global rankings, and job prospects, among other things, to pursue your international study research efficiently.
Texas is America's second-largest state. The "lone star" state's low cost of living attracts overseas students, pushing it high on the list of the best states for international students to study in the USA. It boasts 12 significant colleges and is the most business-friendly state in the US. Austin, Texas, is the fastest-growing US metropolis and is catching up in tech.
Texas has quickly diversified from its origins in agriculture and farming into High Tech Industries, Oil and gas, Renewable Energy, Aeronautics, Wholesale Banking, and insurance. Apple recently broke ground for a new $1 billion campus here.
- Average cost of tuition: $8,598 (INR 7,14,844.17) /year
- Brands based in the state: AT&T, Dell Technologies, Sysco
- Salary: In Texas, the average salary is $57382 (INR 47,70,636.19) / year.
- Student life: Texas State's student life rivals its academics. You'll live and learn about natural beauty, music, art, gastronomy, and culture. From the size of the famous steak to the city people's pride, Texas locals are lively, happy, and vibrant.
Texans party hard as the sun goes down. Austin, Houston, and Dallas have fantastic nightlife. The largest city in the U.S. combines city life with rural life beautifully.
Florida hosts 5 QS World University Ranking's universities spread statewide. It has the cheapest tuition and below-average cost of living, so it's a fantastic option for saving money. General services, financial services, trade, transportation and public utilities, manufacturing, and building are vital industries in Florida that significantly contribute to the US economy, making it almost the best state to study in the USA.
In Florida, which is regarded as one of the top states to visit in terms of the variety and quantity of activities available, you will always be at a good place for things to do. You can visit Miami to witness its unique and diverse culture.
- Average cost of tuition: $4,463 (INR 3,71,045.79) / year
- Brands based in the state: Publix Super Markets, Tech Data, World Fuel Services
- Salary: In Florida, the average salary is $55,833 (INR 46,41,855.12) / year.
- Student life: It is possible to have an excellent quality of life in Florida because of the state's weather and culture, the state's cuisine and the diversity of its offerings, the state's educational options, and the state's low cost of living.
Living in Florida is incredibly desirable for various reasons, including the beautiful weather. In this state, striking a good balance between work and personal life is easy.
You may wish to consider Utah if you want to be surrounded by other young people, as it boasts the most significant number of people aged 19 to 25, making it one of the best US states for international students For those on a tight budget, it is one of the most economical places to attend college, with the cheapest rooms in the entire country and tuition and board costs that are well below average.
When you're not in class, explore the several regions of the state that offer everything from hiking to skiing. Salt Lake City is known for its beautiful environment and world-class art. Apart from an excellent job market, you can also find a wide variety of communities, excellent schools, a thriving arts and entertainment scene, and infinite opportunities for sports and recreation.
- Average cost of tuition: $6,700 (INR 5,57,041.68) /year
- Brands based in the state: Home Credit, Autoliv, Intermountain Healthcare, Nu Skin Enterprises, MSC Group
- Salary: In Utah, the average salary is $57,593 (INR 47,88,313.70) / year.
- Student life: The nightlife scene in downtown Salt Lake City is fantastic and features excellent dining and entertainment options. There is a row of great restaurants and trendy, stylish, and even dive bars concentrated all within walking distance from one another. They are located just in the center of the action and close to everything else.
It doesn't matter if you want to hang out with hipsters while listening to rock music, get a nice cocktail or local brew beer, or hear the beats of a live DJ while being surrounded by people dancing, Salt Lake City can accommodate whatever scene you feel most comfortable in or if you can adapt to all of them.
Top colleges in the Utah state- 1 (The University of Utah)
In addition to having the best states, the United States is well-known for its student-friendly cities. In recent years, these cities have become popular choices for international students. To help you choose the same, here are the best student cities in the US:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Washington D.C
- San Diego
From the Desk of Yocket
Selecting the right U.S. study destination is essential for Indian students. This blog has highlighted five excellent options: California, known for its strong economy and top universities; New York, offering a dynamic cultural environment and global networking; Texas, a cost-effective choice with a growing IT sector; Massachusetts, renowned for STEM education and research institutions; and Illinois, ideal for business and law students with prestigious colleges.
A robust economy, diversified population, and world-class universities make the US an excellent study destination for Indian students. Choosing the best state to study in the United States as an Indian student is determined by your needs and interests. When deciding, consider your academic interests, budget, and career aspirations. Proper planning with Yocket Premium lets you choose the ideal location to study and achieve your objectives. Choose from hundreds of colleges, write a stellar SOP, get visa assistance, and many more with Yocket. All you have to do is sign up right here!