- The EMBA and Masters in Business Analytics programmes at McCombs School of Business are internationally renowned.
- Students can easily receive fee exemptions by applying for the numerous McCombs School of Business scholarships and financial aid in the United States.
- The Forte Foundation, Reaching Out MBA, and Teach for America are all partners at McCombs. The MBA management committee selects students for Fellowship each year as a result of the cooperation.
University of Texas at Austin
Texas, United States
Established in 1883
Established in 1883
The University of Texas at Austin's McCombs School of Business (McCombs School or McCombs) is a public research university in Austin, Texas. The School enrolls an average of 13,000 students per year in various McCombs School of Business courses that include undergraduate, master's, and doctoral programmes. In addition, McCombs is Texas's oldest public business school.
Apart from these degrees, the business school offers courses in accounting, consulting, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, international business, marketing, and management information systems. The University of Texas at Austin's McCombs School of Business is situated in the core of the campus.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Texas at Austin
Cost of Studying at University of Texas at Austin
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Texas at Austin
US World and News Report
Admissions at The University of Texas at Austin
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$90 - $200
How to Apply at University of Texas at Austin
McCombs School of Business International students can submit their applications on the university website.
Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's website
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Apply and pay the application fee
Note: The McCombs School of Business application fee is: 90 USD (6,992 INR)
Documents Required to Apply to University of Texas at Austin
- High school/university transcripts
- Updated Resume
- 2 essays on the topics as per the course needs to be submitted by the student.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Exams Accepted By the University
McCombs School of Business requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course requirements before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Required
650 - 740
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
Computer Science (Coursework)
Information Technology and Management
Electrical and computer Engineering
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
The university features a diverse group of alumni who are succeeding in a variety of disciplines. The McCombs School of Business ensures that its alumni receive a variety of perks. Building ties and networks, boosting one's career, and leadership roles and rewards are just a few of the alumni benefits.
Some of the famous names among the McComb School of Business alumni are:
- Ken Weitzel, Management Consulting
- Ken Parekh, CEO at Parekh Partners, LLC
- Matt Altenau, Principal at Fayez Sarofim & Co.
- Peter Almond, Managing Director Head of Energy Syndicated & Leveraged Finance SunTrust Robinson Humphrey
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
2 days ago
3 days ago
6 days ago
14 days ago
Demographics: Indian Female
GRE: 332 (168Q, 164V)
Undergrad GPA: 8.1/10 from a Tier 3... Show more
a month ago
University of Toronto-UoT
University of New South Wales-UNSW
The University of Texas at Austin
I have receiv... Show more
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The university itself does not provide any transportation services; however, the most affordable and easiest way to reach the university is by using public transit services, such as cabs, or taxis. In addition, the students can use the UT shuttle bus routes. The bus is around the campus on San Jacinto, Guadalupe, Dean Keeton, Robert Dedman, and University Avenue.
Services offered by the university
- Students will get a taste of nature at places including Barton Springs Pool, Barton Creek Greenbelt, The Butler Trail, Lady Bird Lake, and Zilker Metropolitan Park.
- ACL Live at The Theater, Alamo Drafthouse, Broken Spoke, Austin City Hall, Congress Avenue Bridge Bats, and Sixth Street are just a few of the renowned venues and theatres that students can explore.
- Various eateries with a variety of cuisines are located across the campus area to supply students with comfort meals.
- Cab services and local transportation are available in the neighbourhood to help students get around.
- The campus also features modern amenities in its high-tech classrooms, an auditorium and recreational spaces for its students.
The McCombs School of Business is located on a world-class campus that allows students to participate in a variety of research and development projects.
- Students can participate in sports, cultural events, dancing, music, and film screenings on the McCombs School of Business campus.
- Students at the McCombs School of Business have access to a variety of exciting festivals throughout the year. Festivals such as Austin City Limits, Austin Film Festival, Austin Food & Wine Festival, South by Southwest, and Texas Book Festival are available to them.
On campus accomodation
For new students enrolled at McCombs School of Business, there are both on-campus and off-campus housing options.
- With the moniker Honours Quad, on-campus housing for 500 students is available. Andrews, Blanton, and Carothers Residence Halls make up the Honours Quad.
- As soon as your admission application is approved, you must fill out an application for on-campus housing.
University Faculty:Student Ratio16:1
University Faculty Stats
There are a total of 300 faculty members at the university. There are 180 full-time faculty members at the university. The School has talented and skilled professors who collaborate with students to help them achieve excellence. Moreover, the student-to-faculty ratio of the university is 4:1.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
You are a researcher once you enroll in the McCombs School of Business Ph.D. programme. Starting in your first year, McCombs encourages professors and Ph.D. students to collaborate on research, which continues throughout your doctoral programme and academic career.
The collaborative approach at McCombs fosters dynamic, innovative, and inclusive research. They are home to one of the world's most prolific and well-respected scientific institutions. Based on publications in prominent academic journals, Texas McCombs was placed #12 in the 2019 UT Dallas global business school rankings.
Our strong academic departments are supported by 21 preeminent research centres and initiatives at the McCombs School of Business, providing you with access to experts and the highest quality business research, theory, and policy in areas ranging from e-commerce and healthcare to energy and business ethics.
The Behavioral research laboratory at McCombs School is designed to support cutting-edge research on challenges that affect individual or organisational performance.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Throughout the year, the Career Management office conducts a variety of activities to assist students connect with companies, prepare for interviews, and learn more about various career options.
During the spring semester (4th year for integrated MPAs), a typical option is to spend half a semester interning and the other half of the semester taking accelerated courses, allowing you to make progress toward your degree. Internships are also offered in the summer and fall. Internships emphasise leadership, cooperation, and client/management contact while also providing you with knowledge of organisations, areas of practice, and locations.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Top companies attract students from the McCombs School of Business, which has a solid placement process. They get paid an average of 123,432 USD (95,80,205 INR) per year.
The highest-paid jobs are Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Operations, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Finance Manager. Salary packages for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes such as MBA, Executive MBA, BBA, and others vary.
1. Is there an online MBA programme at McCombs School of Business?
McCombs School of Business takes a variety of options, including a face-to-face MBA and an online MBA. Due to the ongoing pandemic, however, the university is taking a hybrid approach to teaching, with students being given a combination of online and offline sessions.
2. What is the McComb School of Business acceptance rate ?
The admittance rate at McCombs School of Business is 28.5%.
3. Is it difficult to gain admission to McCombs School of Business?
The McCombs School has a very competitive admissions process. Business is considered the most common major at all colleges, and because UT has one of the best programmes, there are more out-of-state and international applicants requesting admission than the national average. Each year, about one out of every four applications gets accepted.
4. Is the University of Texas at Austin's McCombs School of Business an excellent business school?
McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin is ranked No. 18 in Best Business Schools and No. 8 in Part-time MBA. These schools are ranked according to their performance on a set of widely regarded excellence factors.
5. What is the total McCombs School of Business tuition fees and total attendance cost ?
The total cost of attendance at the McCombs School of Business including tuition fees, housing, transportation, books and supplies, personal expenditure etc., is 80,324 USD (62,38,002 INR) annually.