Bachelors in Computer Science Abroad
Computer science involves the study of computers, computing, and network information. It is the pathway to areas like AI, ML, Data Science, and networking. Additionally, it's the most sought-after field of study by students. Many students prefer applying for a BSc in computer science in top universities where they learn the field's practical aspects.
Moreover, studying for a bachelor’s in computer science abroad can expose you to new technologies and methodologies in this fast-paced, constantly evolving sector. BSc Computer Science subjects focus on computers, covering everything from database management systems to sophisticated programming languages like C++ and Java.
The primary goal of the curriculum designed for a bachelor’s in computer science is to generate competent professionals and research associates who can work in any industry by utilizing computer software technologies. The initial years of a bachelor's in computer science will focus on disciplines including software engineering, AI, Computer Forensics, and others.
Why Study BSc in Computer Science Abroad?
Computer science is one such area that is studied the most at institutions around the globe. The need for computer scientists has increased in recent years, thanks to advancements in AI, Data Science, ML, and other areas. Moreover, many employment options are available for students completing bachelor's in computer science due to the increasing digitization of the world around us.
When you decide to study for a bachelor's in computer science abroad, you'll have a wide selection of programs from some of the world's most prestigious institutions and universities. You will be exposed to a different culture and way of thinking, which can help you grasp the topic better. Some more reasons to choose a BSc in computer science abroad are-
- Most Diverse Department: Computer science offers diverse options to study for students. One of the most international courses to pursue, the computer science course attracts students, teachers, and professionals globally. When you study bachelor's in computer science, you will be exposed to many cultures, attend a famous international university, and get exceptional exposure to issues in the real world.
- Helps in Developing Skills: Computer science students acquire specific skills necessary to function in a world where technology and software are continually being developed. Top IT companies look for fresh graduates having new ideas and skills for the specific role.
- Better Job Scope: There are better jobs after completing a BSc computer science course from top universities abroad. Different positions like- Software Engineer, Website Developer, UI/UX Developer, Network Engineer, and others are available.
- Stepping Stone to Msc and Specialized Course: An undergraduate degree in computer science qualifies for MSc. The BSc program serves as training for a future MSc. As a result, you have a better chance of getting accepted to the top MSc programs.
Suggested: Benefits of Studying Abroad
Since we have covered how BSc in computer science is quite an interesting area to study, it is important to know the course structure of BSc in Computer Science abroad.
- Duration- Like other undergraduate degree programs, the BSc in computer science abroad takes 3-4 years to complete. There are some BSc CS colleges that cover placement and academics under the 4 year program.
Through the core bs computer science subject, you will be able to integrate technical expertise and analytical understanding. Moreover, these subjects will provide you the chance to improve your knowledge, confidence, and get fully immersed in a different culture. Below is the BSc computer science subjects list-
- LC Full Stack Application Development
- Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Computer Science/Object Oriented Programming
- Functional Programming
- Security and Networks
- Software Engineering and Professional Practice
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Computer Vision and Imaging
- Evolutionary Computation
- Human-Computer Interaction
BSc CS colleges abroad offer a wide range of specializations. Students get options to choose that fits with the career goal and skills they have. The list of popular specializations under BSc computer science course:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Information Systems
Besides having all the eligibility, students pursuing BSc computer science need to have certain skills which the university expects. Some of the skills are-
Technical and Analytical Skills
Since computer science is related to the technical area, students must carry specific skills. Analytical and technical skills are a top requirement in areas like AI, Data Science and networks.
One of the most crucial skills required for computer science studies is programming. Students need to have a complete insight into the fundamentals of programming, which is the process of planning and developing an effective computer program helping to reach a specific goal or carry out a specific activity. You need to be familiar with numerous programming languages, such as Python, C, and Java, and the basics of programming.
Good Communication Skills
Communication is the most crucial soft skill for students pursuing a BSc computer science course. This is because you will need to communicate with team members, stakeholders, and subordinates once you are a fresh graduate. Similarly, you will need to present projects and communicate with faculty during the academic years.
Students seeking admission in BSc Computer Science College, it is important to know about the eligibility criteria and documents required for admission. Mentioned below is an overview of BSc computer science eligibility abroad:
- High School Certificate
- Language Proficiency Score Requirements
- Passport and Visa
Let us check in detail
High School Passing Certificate
Students need to present their 10+2 passing certificate with science background, having subjects including Physics, and Maths. The average passing score should be 70%.
Language Proficiency Score Requirements
International students need to present scores of IELTS, TOEFL, or similar test results as a part of English language proficiency. These scores are also essential for study visa application of the respective country. You may be required to enrol in a language course in case of non-fulfillment of minimum language requirements. Different universities have different score requirements. The average BSc computer science eligibility score should be-
Passport and Visa
Students need to provide a valid study visa of the respective country. A college acceptance letter is necessary for the application. So, make sure you can apply for it at least three months before departure.
Documents Required to Apply Bsc Cs Abroad
Admission to BSc CS programs abroad requires certain documents. Since, different universities from different countries may ask for some additional ones, we have compiled some of the most common documents below:
- Duly filled Application Form
- Bank statement for fund proof
- LOR or Letter of Recommendation
- SOP or Statement of Purpose
- Completed application form proof of 10+2 completion
- Certificate of English language proficiency test
- A valid passport
- Study Permit
- CV or Resume
Admission Process for Bsc in Computer Science Abroad
Below is the step-by-step guide for common admission process to get admission at one of the best BSc computer science colleges:
- Finalize the best universities offering bachelor's degrees in computer science.
- Now browse the university official website page and collect all the required information for the admission purpose.
- Upload all scanned documents such as transcripts, high school certificates, test scores, etc.
- Fill the application form and pay the application fees.
- Attend the interview as a part of the admission process from the university.
- Once you get the admission letter upon clearing the interview process, you can proceed for the study visa
- Now pay the tuition fees by agreeing to all the terms and conditions of the university.
Suggested: Know About Entrance Exam for Abroad Studies
Scholarships are one of the most effective means of funding your education abroad. International students can apply for scholarships that offer decent benefits to assist them with their studies and stays abroad. Here are a few of the most popular bachelors in computer science scholarships abroad:
- A student must be enrolled full-time in a bachelor's, master's or PhD program at a four-year university or college in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time the application is submitted.
- Scholarships are available to students pursuing degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related STEM field.
Adobe – Research Women in Technology Scholarship
- A scholarship program for female undergraduates majoring in computer science is offered by Research Women in Technology.
- Should be a full-time student at any accredited college or university.
- Amount: 10,000 USD (794,335 INR)
VIP Women in Technology Scholarship (WITS)
- US scholarships for women studying in the field of computer science, information technology, management information systems, and related fields. It is open to both residents of the United States and international students.
- Amount: 2,500 USD (198,583 INR)
School of Computer Science Undergraduate International Scholarships
- The School of Computer Science Undergraduate International Scholarship ranks among the most prestigious computer science scholarships in the UK.
- All qualified students will receive a minimum of 1,815 USD (144,179 INR) per year. Every year, the most successful students receive an additional scholarship of 2,299 USD (182,662 INR).
Suggested: Know About Top Scholarships to Study Abroad
Cost of Studying Bachelors in Computer Science Abroad
Prior to finalizing your dream of studying abroad, it is imperative that you gather all the information you need regarding bachelor of computer science fees. In general, the overall cost of studying at the best universities for BSc CS abroad can be divided into two categories: tuition fees and cost of living:
In general, the tuition fees for bachelors in computer science abroad will range between 31,470 USD to 62,922 USD (2,500,000 INR to 5,000,000 INR) based on the institution. Depending on the country and region, the bachelor's degree in computer science cost vary greatly between universities and colleges. Therefore, the tuition fee for a bachelors in computer science in an abroad university depends on the country in which you enroll.
Cost Of Living
Having an understanding of the average living costs abroad is an essential part of your financial planning. The cost of living abroad ranges between 20,000 USD to 27,000 USD (1,588,570 INR to 2,144,610 INR) per year (based on living arrangements and individual choices). Thus, in order to survive as an international student, you must manage your expenses effectively.
Suggested: Cost for Studying Under Graduation Abroad
After completing their bachelor's degree, students who wish to pursue a career in computer science can find numerous jobs in any country. Most importantly, students should know after bsc computer science jobs and salary for a clear idea of the current demand of the industry.
Here are some of popular jobs after BSc computer science:
Average Annual Salary
Computer Support Specialist
Computer Network Architect
Network and Computer Systems Administrator
Computer Systems Analyst
Suggested: How to Work While Studying Abroad?
The US and Europe have some of the most prestigious Computer Science colleges in the world. In German Government colleges, tuition fees are not charged, which is a major positive factor for international students. The majority of colleges ranked in the top 10 of QS Rankings are from the United Kingdom, where the standard of education is high and the quality of life is excellent. Hence, studying a bachelor's degree in computer science abroad can be a life-changing decision and experience. To know more, get in touch with our counselors at Yocket.
Ques. What is the scope of bachelors in computer science abroad?
Ans. Graduates of computer science programs are not just limited to IT companies because they can also find employment in other areas, such as academia, research organizations, and government agencies.
Ques. Which is the best country to study bachelors in computer science?
Ans. Students from different countries have a number of options when it comes to studying a bachelor of engineering in computer science. These countries include the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, Denmark, among others.
Ques. What is the duration of bachelors computer science abroad?
Ans. Typically, the BSc computer science duration abroad depends on the location and universities you choose to study in. However, the average duration of the course is 3 to 4 years.
Ques. What are some common specializations for bachelors in computer science abroad?
Ans. A few common specializations for bachelors in computer science abroad include Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Data Science, Software Engineering and Human Computer.
Ques. What are the most sought-after fields of Computer Science abroad?
Ans. Here are the most sought-after fields of computer science abroad:
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- UX Designer
- Mobile App Developer
- IT Project Manager
- Information Security Analyst