The visa interview is the last step in your long journey to study in the US, and an extremely essential step as well. At the time of your visa interview, you will be required to carry all the documents required for student visa USA. It is evident that your visa documents for US will speak for you, and importantly that all your documents required for US F-1 visa interview are flawless!
There can be times during the interview when the Visa Officer may not be too convinced by what you say, and that is the ideal time to show a particular document and win over his trust. So, keep reading till the end as this blog will make you acquainted with the list of documents required for US visa interview!
|Table of Contents|
Overview of the US Student Visa Interview Process
After receiving an acceptance letter from your university or college in the US, you will receive the I-20 form in order to start your F-1 student visa process. The US student visa interview is a personal interview wherein you will be asked about your intent of studying in the US, along with other things like your academic background, financial capability, etc.
Getting required visa documents for US visa should be at one’s top priority while applying for a student visa to study abroad.
The US embassy visa appointment and interview process has recently been split to 2 days. The first day is when you get your photo and fingerprints taken. The second day is the day of your interview.
How to Book a US Student Visa Interview?
Now, how to book appointment for visa interview?
You can book F-1 visa slot through a US embassy visa appointment using your barcode and fee receipt. Once you are done with booking your US student visa appointment, you need to start with an F-1 visa slot booking for the VAC (biometrics: photograph + fingerprint) at least a day before the interview.
After your US student visa appointment is booked, and you are done with your biometrics, you will need to attend the F-1 US student visa interview with the documents required for US visa interview.
List of Documents Required for F-1 Visa Interview
Moving on to the most essential part i.e. documents required for visa USA. This section will make you acquainted with the F-1 visa documents checklist, and the various types of documents required for US student visa.
We have categorised these types of documents required for student visa USA into 5 major categories. Let us thoroughly know about the US F1 visa documents checklist below:
Set 1: Mandatory Documents Required for Student Visa USA
- Copy of interview appointment letter
- DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout
- Original, valid Axis or Citi Bank VISA fee receipt (Applicant’s Copy)
- Original I-20, approved and signed by you and the University authority
- SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Birth Certificate
Set 2: List of Academic Documents Required for Visa USA
- Original degree certificates (Bachelors / Masters) / Provisional Degree Certificates
- Original mark sheets (10th and 12th standard, first year bachelors to date)
- Provisional mark sheet for any pending results
- Original mark sheets (diploma), original diploma transcripts (stamped and sealed), and original diploma certificate
- Original Extra- curricular / curricular activity certificates
- Original scholarship certificates / awards (if any)
- Original Certificates showing professional courses / examinations done along with marksheets
- Copies of your research work / project
- Relevant test scores, e.g. TOEFL and SAT, GRE, GMAT or LSAT in Original.
- Bonafide certificate from college (if degree is not received )
Set 3: Financial documents required for F1 visa interview
- Original Affidavit of Support from Sponsor/s dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Authentic and Original C.A. statement showing summary of fixed and liquid assets dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original and valuation documents for every item stated in the C.A. statement as proof.
- Original Evidence of financial resources: Proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies, dated 3-4 days before visa interview date.
NOTE: The amount should be as per duration of study mentioned in I-20.
- Original Bank statements of Sponsor(s) for the past six months (savings account) OR Original Passbook/s of sponsor/s (savings account) dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Income tax papers of Sponsor(s) for the last three years from visa interview date
- Proof of income of sponsor(s) like appointment letter, payslips/salary certificates for past six months from visa interview date (All original)
- Balance sheet of business of last three years from visa interview date (Original)
- Original Proof of all liquid assets declared in C.A. Statement including fixed deposits, shares, PPF, investments and so on
- Original Proof showing amount that can be withdrawn against various liquid assets like shares, LIC Policy, Provident fund etc. (redeemable value), dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Letters from respective authorities on their letterhead indicating that items such as mutual funds, shares, PPF, Provident fund, Fixed Deposits, etc are liquid and can be redeemed before maturity date, dated 4-5 days before visa interview date.
- Original Proof of Ownership, agreement of sale, share certificate for all fixed assets declared in C.A. statement.
- Valuation Certificate(s) from Chartered Engineer for every property declared in the C.A. statement in original
Suggested: Financial Planning for Your US Student Visa
Set 4: Documents Related to Other Admits/Rejects
- All acceptance and reject letters from universities applied to in original
- All scholarship/financial aid grant documents received from universities that you have applied to in original
- Complete application packet of university to which you are going (as was submitted to university) like Application Forms, SOP, Recommendation letters, Resume, Financial documents, technical documents and other documents which you had sent to the University.
- Original Admit letter from the university to which you are going to.
- Original Financial Aid Offer Letter from the university to which you are going to.
- Receipt of any advance payment made to the university.
- Copies of any correspondence mails from any professors of the university to which you are going to
Set 5: Work Experience Documents Required for US Student Visa
- For employed students: Original Documents like work experience letters, Recommendations from employers, Pay-slips/salary certificates for the last six months , IT Returns for last 3 years, appointment letters
- Original documents showing body of work accomplished
- Resume showing professional accomplishments
Suggested: When to Apply for an F-1 Student Visa?
Set 6: Biometric Documents Required for Visa USA
- DS-160 confirmation page
- Appointment confirmation page
- Visa application fee receipt
- One photograph (for applicants below 14 years of age)
Suggested: What is the 214 B Visa Rejection?
It is suggested that you place all the above-mentioned documents required for US visa in the partition file and name them accordingly to avoid any confusion. For mock interviews and to get a feeling of how the visa interview is going to be we recommend you to enrol with our Yocket Premium space. It'd help you throughout the process and will remove the stage-fear you have to attempt for the interview!
Frequently Asked Questions about Documents Required for US Visa Interview
Ques. How long does it take to get US visa after interview?
Ans. You can get hold of a US visa after 10 business days of your interview.
Ques. How to track passport after US visa interview?
Ans. You can check your passport status through the US passport tracking or CEAC visa status check.
Ques. How to check interview date for US visa?
Ans. You can check the interview date online while booking your US visa appointment through ustravels.com.
Ques. How to reschedule a visa interview for US visa while in India?
Ans. In India, you will be required to contact the US Embassy, and tell the reason for your rescheduling.
Ques. How to check available slots for US visa interview?
Ans. Ans. You can check the available slots while booking your US visa appointment through ustravels.com.
Ques. How to book F1 visa slot?
Ans. So, how to book F-1 visa slot? You can book F-1 visa slot through a US embassy visa appointment using your barcode and fee receipt. Once you are done with booking your US student visa appointment, you need to start with an F-1 visa slot booking for the VAC (biometrics: photograph + fingerprint) at least a day before the interview.
Ques. What is the type of documents required for F1 visa interview?
Ans. The F-1 visa documents checklist is:
- Mandatory documents
- Financial documents
- Academic documents
- Work experience documents
- Biometric documents