There are multiple reasons why the number of New Zealand work visa applications have been on a high rise. New Zealand is in the news not just for its beautiful landscapes but also for its education system and better standard of living in the top NZ cities. Most international students arrive in the country for educational purposes. But as the study period ends, most of these students go on to apply for the NZ post study work visa.
New Zealand is a country that caters to all kinds of international students globally. From offering great career and educational opportunities to providing a friendly and warm environment to live in, your decision to apply for the New Zealand post study work visa is a wise choice. So, if you’re keen to learn everything you need to know about New Zealand work visa for Indian, refer to this blog.
Perks Of Applying For NZ Post Study Work Visa
As stated earlier, international students are keen to apply for the NZ post study work visa after their studies. Here are the top reasons that justifies this action:
- Excellent Work-Life Balance: New Zealand ranks #1 in establishing a great work-life balance.
- Relaxed Pace Of Life: Reflected by the high rankings of the quality of life in New Zealand you will be able to enjoy a leisurely life.
- Employee Holidays: Every employee is entitled to 20+ days of guaranteed personal leaves and 11 public holidays from work.
- Comfortable Living: Small, less crowded places make commuting hassle-free.
- Safest Country: New Zealand safety ranks #2 on the Global Peace Index 2022.
- Least Corrupt Country: According to World Population Review 2021 New Zealand ranks #3 as the least corrupt country in the world.
Types Of New Zealand Post Study Work Visa
New Zealand used to issue two kinds of work visas called the Post Study Work Visa and the employer-assisted Post Study Work Visa. However, streamlining the process since 2018, New Zealand has established a singular Post-study work visa for all. Although, New zealand work visa requirements can be different for certain people, hence there are other options such as:
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Specific Purpose Work Visa
1. Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
This New Zealand work visa process works only if you have a job offer from an accredited employer.
2. Specific Purpose Work Visa
If you have expertise that benefits NZ for a specific purpose or event, eg professional sports coaching, specialist services, etc. You can apply anytime and you stay for the duration of the specific event or purpose.
Top Facts About New Zealand Work Visa For Indian
Before you can head towards understanding about New Zealand work visa requirements, let’s first learn the top reasons to apply for such a visa in the first place:
- With the post study work visa New Zealand, you can work for any employer and in almost any job.
- You can study for up to 3 months in any12-month study period.
- New Zealand’s work visa requirements entail its duration to a maximum of 3 years depending on the place and level of your qualification.
- You must leave New Zealand before your visa expires.
- If you want to travel in and out of New Zealand, you must have valid multiple entry travel conditions to return to New Zealand.
- With an acceptable qualification, one can apply for a post study work visa New Zealand for up to 3 years after you finish your study if you have an acceptable qualification.
- With a work visa, one’s partner can apply for work and dependent children can study fee-free as domestic students.
Pro-Tip: If you plan to live in New Zealand permanently, get a job in the skill shortage section of New Zealand.
What Are The New Zealand Work Visa Requirements?
In order to get started with the New Zealand work visa application, students should ensure they fit the criteria listed. A miss in any of the listed criterias can lead to rejection in the visa process. Thus to help you better, we have listed the top New Zealand work visa requirements for Indian citizens:
- Post-study work visas NZ are issued to students with a bachelor degree or a higher degree qualifications.
- Students should belong from a quarantine-free travel zone
- Provides proof of identity
- Maintain good health and character.
- Meet other listed conditions of your visa.
- Have enough funds to sustain yourself while applying for a post study work visa in New Zealand.
How To Apply For NZ Post Study Work Visa?
To apply for the New Zealand work visa for Indian, there is a format that needs to be followed. Ensure you conduct the below instructions to successfully apply for the NZ post study work visa:
- Complete your academic qualification from an accredited New Zealand educational institution.
- Remain on a valid visa while you are in New Zealand.
- Apply for the post-study work permit in New Zealand online. Make sure to do it within 3 months after your student visa ends (or 6 months if your choice of study was for a doctorate).
- Wait for the authorities to get in touch with you to get a confirmation within the processing time which is 62 days.
Note: If in New Zealand your current temporary visa expires before your new visa is granted, an interim visa is issued to let you stay in New Zealand lawfully.
What Is The New Zealand Work Visa Cost?
International students will have to pay a fee when applying for the New Zealand Work Visa. It will cost NZ$ 495 for the application alone. To ensure the figures are the same, check the official visa website for the same.
How To Extend NZ Post Study Work Visa?
If you would like to extend your NZ post study work visa, you can do so. Ensure you meet all the New Zealand work visa requirements:
- Have a Level 7 Bachelor’s degree from NZ
- The degree should have lasted for a minimum of 30 weeks
- The academic degree is higher than the qualification you submitted for your previous visa
Note: The new Accredited Employer Work Visa will replace 6 temporary work visas with one. The Government has stalled its introduction until mid-2022.
New Zealand’s popularity has moved further than their picture perfect beaches and mountains. Today this country has become a favourable choice amongst international students. Now that you have details related to your New Zealand post study work visa, it’s time to apply for the same. If you wish to learn more about this, speak to our Yocket counsellors today or schedule a free 15 minute consultation call right now.