If a person treats every opportunity as a great one, they may find a few of them to be just that. Similar is the case with undergraduate scholarships for international students in USA. Until an Indian/international student applies to all available scholarships, they will never know which ones get sanctioned.
But what is the need for the USA undergraduate scholarships? How many full scholarships for undergraduate international students in USA are available? And how can the scholarships for bachelor degree in USA for international students be applied?
Let’s get in-depth insights on these and other crucial aspects of scholarship for bachelor degree in USA.
Table of Contents
Overview of Undergraduate in USA
US education system is driven by practical learning. Therefore, many international students visit the USA each year to pursue their undergraduate education. The students can choose from various 2-year and 4-year undergraduate courses from fields like engineering and computer science, life science, business management, etc.
But is it a simple task to get admission to the undergraduate USA? No.
The average monthly cost of living in the USA for international students is quite high, ranging between $800 to $1000. Besides, the average yearly cost of studying undergraduate courses in USA is $26,000 for US public universities and $36,000 for US private universities.
Therefore, to enjoy USA’s diversified cultures, academic excellence, research opportunities, jobs/internships, amazing campus life, etc, the undergraduate students need to arrange support for their financial needs—through a scholarship in USA for bachelor degree!
Suggested: Spring Intake in USA 2022-2023!
Let’s check out how to study a bachelors in the USA scholarship.
Top 10 Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships in USA
Let’s check out the top 10 undergraduate scholarships in USA. These scholarships offer an average monthly stipend of $2,000, tuition fees, accommodation expenses, health insurance, and travel allowance.
1. Onsi Sawiris Scholarship
This is a fully funded master's and undergraduate scholarship for international students. It covers complete tuition fees, travelling expenses, and living allowance. It is offered by institutions like Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania.
2. Clark Global Scholarship Program
This program offers fully funded scholarships to international undergraduate students offered by Clark University. It includes a stipend of $15,000 to $25,000 for four years based on a student’s academic performance.
3. Treasure Scholarship at Boise State University
This fully funded scholarship is offered to international undergraduate students by Boise State University. It offers a yearly stipend of $8,460. In this, if you meet the minimum academic requirements and your application process is complete, you will automatically get selected.
4. The HAAA Scholarship
This scholarship is for all students interested in studying undergraduate at Harvard University. This fund was established in 2010 by the Harvard Arab Alumni association. Therefore, it applies to Arab students only.
5. Yale University Scholarship USA
This is a fully funded scholarship for international undergraduate/graduate/PhD students at Yale University. It includes a stipend ranging from $1,000 to $70,000 annually and a need-based scholarship over $50,000.
6. Berea College Scholarship
This scholarship is available to the undergraduate international students of Berea College. In this, 100% of the first-year enrolled students will receive funding.
7. University of Memphis Scholarship
This fully funded scholarship is for international students at the University of Memphis. Its stipend varies based on the domestic and international tuition rates for non-Tennesse residents.
8. Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
This scholarship is available to international undergraduate students at Illinois University. It covers a full tuition stipend ranging from $16,000 to $30,000 annually.
9. ACI Foundation Scholarship
ACI Foundation offers this fully funded scholarship or fellowship to international undergraduate/graduate/PhD students. It provides a $10,000 to $15,000 stipend covering tuition fees and residential, books, or material expenses.
10. University of Miami Stamps Scholarships
This is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for international undergraduate students offered by the University of Miami. It covers complete tuition fees, standard room and board charges, textbook expenses, a one-time allowance to purchase a computer, and $12,000 for undergraduate research/conferences.
Other than this, Indian undergraduate students can also apply for scholarships like the University of Mississippi Scholarships, Cornell University Financial Aid, Fairleigh Dickinson University Scholarship, Auburn University International Undergrad AUM Scholarship, etc. You can check the official university/scholarship website for application deadlines.
Suggested: How to get FAFSA for International Students?
Next, let’s dive into a few actionable tips to apply for these undergraduate scholarships.
Tips to Apply a Scholarships for Undergraduate Students in USA
Studying in USA is an expensive idea; therefore, every international/Indian undergraduate student must understand the steps/tips to apply for a scholarship, grant, or fellowship. Let’s go through the undergraduate scholarships for international students in USA application process and improve your chances of selection.
- It is important to apply to the undergraduate scholarships for Indian students in USA within the university/scholarship deadline.
- Distinct undergraduate scholarships for international students in USA 2023 and financial aid are available. Therefore, checking their eligibility requirements on the official university/scholarship website is paramount.
- The decision to grant scholarships for undergraduate students in USA will highly depend on the 10th, 11th, and 12th GPA/percentages. The better the scores, the more the chances to get a scholarship.
- Many scholarships for Indian students to study in USA undergraduate require GRE, GMAT, IELTS, or TOEFL scores to amp up the selection process.
- In the scholarship applications, many universities/selection committees give weightage to leadership/volunteering qualities, achievements, publications, recognition, statement of purpose (SOP), or letter of recommendation (LORs).
- Choose the scholarships for undergraduate students in USA that have more rules in the application process, as many avoid such grants. Consequently, due to fewer applications, it also has negligible competition.
- Lastly, students should also ask for undergraduate scholarships for Indian students in USA at the financial aid offices and academic departments or attend overseas education fairs.
Suggested: Scholarships for Indian Students in USA!
With so many undergraduate scholarships for international students in USA 2023, students can get confused about which one to apply for. In fact, if one plans to apply all, the process can get strenuous. But worry not! You can take end-to-end guidance with Yocket premium. With this, our well-qualified and more than 13+ years of experienced counsellors will ensure to make your undergraduate study abroad ride an enjoyable one.