- Bowdoin College is a liberal art college with strengths in Science and Math.
- A total of 43 majors and 45 minors are available within 23 departments of Bowdoin College.
- The BC automatically waives the application fee for the common application and the coalition application.
- The college follows a sustainable living program pattern that promotes global well-being.
Maine, United States
Established in 1794
Established in 1794
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin College (BC) shares its existence with the traditional academic roots of the United States. With academic expertise of more than two decades, Bowdoin College welcomes 1800 undergraduate students annually.
The private institution is located on the coastal lands of Casco Bay. Bowdoin College Majors include Political Science and Government, General, Econometrics and Quantitative Economics; Mathematics, Environmental Studies; Neuroscience and History.
The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 95%.
Top Reasons to Study in the Bowdoin College
Cost of Studying at Bowdoin College
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The Bowdoin College
More rankings for this university
According to various publications, Bowdoin University World Ranking is as follows -
- It stands 5th among 207 Best Colleges for Global studies in America.
- It ranked 6th overall in the National Liberal Arts college in 2021.
- Bowdoin College stands 29th as Most Innovative School.
- Ranked 42 in US college rankings
Admissions at The Bowdoin College
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at Bowdoin College
- Fill out the application through the common or coalition application portal.
- Fill in the personal information.
- Answer the questions mentioned in the form
- Submit relevant documents and test results.
Explore More: Admission requirement in USA
Documents Required to Apply to Bowdoin College
- Academic Transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- Student Visa permit
- Financial proofs
- Language proficiency test results
Exams Accepted By the University
Bowdoin College Students have an option to apply through Common admission applications or Coalition applications.
As regular students, the applicants pursuing math or science-related courses should have a minimum of four years of study in the related field, whereas the students dating philosophy and liberal arts courses should have an experience of a minimum of three years in the subject criteria.
English Proficiency Requirements
Bowdoin College students whose first language is not English must submit their English proficiency requirements. Bowdoin College Admission requirements are as follows.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Bachelor in Economics
Bachelor in Computer Science
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The college, as well as the city, is well connected with its transportation services. Bowdoin college has its bus shuttle services which operate seven days a week. The shuttle runs from 6P.M. to 1A.M. from Sunday-Wednesday and 6P.M to 1:30A.M from Thursday to Saturday.
Other than the college shuttle services, there are government-run buses, which run 24*7 without delay. Students also have the option to opt for shared or private taxis or rented cycles to commute in and around the city and the campus.
Services offered by the university
- Bowdoin College provides career services to the students, including career advising and programming.
- The institution has a well-established library that dates back to the 19th century and has all the modern printed and ebooks.
- Bowdoin takes care of students with complete safety and security.
- The college has on-campus health & wellness centers for all the students.
- Counseling services, spiritual life advisers, and recreation are also provided to the students.
- The college has a helpline for students to call in case of emergency.
- Bowdoin College has 24 student groups functioning in varied interests.
- The college has abolished the system of sororities and fraternities. Instead, they have college groups to bifurcate themselves among other universities.
- Bowdoin College is famous for integrating classroom experiences with outside real-world scenarios.
- The college offers Off-campus study, student fellowship, research, health professions, and advisors.
- The students feel safe and comfortable on campus, and whenever they have free time, they can visit Portland, Go for Skiing in Sugarloaf and Sunday River, and party on campus.
On campus accomodation
Bowdoin College has on-campus accommodation options available for national and international students.
On-Campus Accommodation Description
Bowdoin College offers dynamic residence facilities to the students in the form of residence halls, college houses, and apartments. Presently, the on-campus housing facility is provided to around 1,749 students.
- First-year students are required to live on-campus and incur an average housing cost of $7,372 (Rs. 5,82,000).
- For all the residential facilities, maximum of 19 meal plans per week
- Bowdoin college has college houses that have 20-30 members.
The college also provides special accommodation services for disabled students without any extra surcharge. Students need to fill out the Bowdoin College Housing application before the start of the classes to secure the residences.
On Campus Accommodation Facilities & amenities provided
The college provides the following facilities to the students:
- Free cable services
- Free wifi around the campus
- Telephone services
- One-card lock gives access to enter system at all dorms
- High-speed Ethernet ports
Check: Cost of studying in USA
University Faculty:Student Ratio8:1
University Faculty Stats
Bowdoin College currently has 819 faculty members, of which at least 97% have the highest degrees and industry experience. The student-to-faculty ratio is 8:1
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
Bowdoin College is among the most active colleges in research mediation in the corner of liberal art. The college funds and supports various faculty-mentored student research projects around the year.
The college also supports the concept of research fellowships. It has partnered with various foundations to allow the students to register under the most prestigious fellowships in the United States.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The college provides students with funded internships. First-, second-, and third-year students who secure an unpaid internship can apply for a $5,000 grant.
Students can pursue internships in any field. The CDX center at the University has various collaborations with top companies around the globe. The college also uses handshake, an internship provider platform that helps students get the best out of the available options.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The college does not have a placement cell of its own. Career services help students develop their skills by establishing a good relationship between employers and students.
Furthermore, to help students attain better job opportunities, the college provides part-time jobs to students on-campus. It helps them adapt and improve communication and time management skills and earn money for their livelihood.
255 Maine Street Brunswick, Maine 04011