- Australian Institute of Music is one of the top music schools in the world because of the exceptional educational opportunities it provides its pupils.
- A private postsecondary education provider for music in Australia, The Australian Institute of Music strives to provide quality practice-based learning, teaching, and scholarship that fosters cultural and creative innovation. Australia's major tertiary music institution, the Australian Institute of Music, is the top school for the modern music industry.
- Australian Institute of Music is a well-regarded independent education provider in the music, entertainment, & performing arts sectors. It provides both local and international students with the broadest selection of fully approved music and creative arts programs.
- Each year, the Office of University Awards awards several scholarships. Additionally, each year new and returning students can apply for departmental scholarships from the several colleges and institutions on campus.
- Every year, the Australian Institute of Music Alumni Association and other organizations across the country grant scholarships to incoming and existing students based on criteria such as academic standing, nearby location, and financial need.
- For financial assistance with the Bachelor's or Master's in Arts & Entertainment Management degrees at the Australian Institute of Music, applicants from India, Nepal, or Sri Lanka may apply. Students who are chosen will receive AUD 5,000 (INR 2,75,000).
Australian Institute of Music
Australian Institute of Music was established in 1968 and offers training for jobs in Australia's music, entertainment, and performing arts sectors. The Australian Institute of Music has campuses in Melbourne, Victoria, and Sydney, New South Wales.
Accredited undergraduate and graduate programs in contemporary performance, classical performance, audio engineering, composition, and music production, musical theatre, theatre performance, acting, and arts and entertainment administration are offered through its music and performing arts courses. There are 1,300 national and international students registered at the Australian Institute of Music.
Top Reasons to Study in the Australian Institute of Music
No courses found! Try other school
Admissions at The Australian Institute of Music
How to Apply at Australian Institute of Music
For the Australian Institute of Music, admissions applicants need to follow these steps to complete their application:
- Apply by opening the Online application portal
- Fill in the necessary information for the program
- Check your application and upload the required documents
- Apply and pay the application fee
Note: The Australian Institute of Music application fee is AUD 70(INR 5600).
Documents Required to Apply to Australian Institute of Music
Here is the list of documents necessary to fulfill Australian Institute of Music admission requirements:-
- Official transcripts
- English proficiency scores
- Professional resume (Graduate)
- Certificate of finances
- Health immunization certificate
Exams Accepted By Australian Institute of Music
The Australian Institute of Music admission requirements are mentioned here:
IELTS: 6.5 & Above; TOEFL: 79.0 & Above; GRE: 290.0-301.0
IELTS: 6.5 & Above; TOEFL: 79.0 & Above; PTE: 53.0 & Above
GMAT: 500; GRE: 293; IELTS: 6.5 & Above
IELTS: 6.5 & Above; TOEFL: 79.0 & Above; PTE: 53.0 & Above
English Proficiency Requirements
Australian Institute of Music international students are required to submit proof of their English Language Proficiency, as mentioned:-
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Australian Institute of Music
More rankings for this university
The Australian Institute of Music is ranked among the top universities for international students in New South Wales, Australia. This university provides quality education and amazing career and learning opportunities. Next are its top international and national rankings by various reputed platforms.
- As per UniPage, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #9790 in the World.
- As per UniPage, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #84 in the Country.
- As per AD Scientific Index 2023, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #19525 in the world.
- As per AD Scientific Index 2023, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #172 in Oceania.
- As per AD Scientific Index 2023, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #109 in Australia.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #13034 in the world.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #140 in the Continent.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #98 in the Country.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #10912 in the Impact ranking.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #7521 in the Openness Ranking.
- As per Webometrics, the Australian Institute of Music ranks #7216 in the Excellence Ranking.
Students Australian Institute of Music
Alumni at Australian Institute of Music
The university has a substantial network of alumni, and its organization organizes reunions and offers career advice to students. The alumni provide a range of incentives and events that help raise money for the students' assistance as well. Several well-known individuals who graduated from the Australian Institute of Music include Balawan– musician and educator, Vera Blue – Australian pop singer-songwriter, Chris Brooks – Australian rock, metal, and fusion guitarist, Casey Donovan – winner of season 2 of Australian Idol, Tamara Jaber – Australian recording artist.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for Australian Institute of Music
Number of campuses the university has
New South Wales
Transportation in the city
Trains, buses, trams, and ferries are all part of Australia's public transportation network. In addition, cab services are available in all major cities and towns. Cities offer a variety of transportation options. Educate yourself When you arrive, one tram provider will be able to supply you with information about the nearby public transportation.
While larger capital cities normally provide a variety of transportation options, rural areas typically just have a local bus service as their primary mode of transportation. International students are permitted to drive in Australia with a current foreign driver's license, which they are required to have on them at all times. Students must also carry an English translation or an International Driving Permit if their license is not printed in English (IDP).
Services offered by the university
A thorough public safety program is provided for the benefit of the university community by the Australian Institute of Music, which maintains a noticeable presence on all of the campuses.
- The Australian Institute of Music offers services, facilities, and environments to assist students in achieving their objectives and faculty in developing new knowledge that benefits the local community and beyond. The Australian Institute of Music provides a place for the neighborhood to come together around interests to study, achieve, produce, and reflect.
- By integrating with the university's curriculum & pedagogy, taking part in contemporary scholarly communication methods, increasing the influence of faculty research, and building relationships both inside and beyond the institution, they operate at a systemic level.
- The Australian Institute of Music's Center for Student Success also offers tutoring, extra education, mentorship, advising, classroom instruction, and counseling, offers academic achievement seminars as one of its offerings. It can be found in Normal Hall.
- The center also provides targeted support services, such as the Students in Transition Program as well as the Student Support Services Program.
Student life at Australian Institute of Music
The campus of the university is home to some music enthusiasts, student-focused amenities, academic institutions and colleges, faculty offices, and the university's administrative offices.
Students actively pursue enjoyment in the vibrant community of the Australian Institute of Music by participating in a range of activities. It encourages the development of leadership, wise lifestyle choices, multicultural competence, civic responsibility, and advancement in one's personal and professional life.
- There are many enjoyable events for students to participate in during the day at the Australian Institute of Music. A reading club, committee, or intramural team are just a few options available to students.
- The campus of the Australian Institute of Music is active throughout the year with concerts, collegiate sporting tournaments, impromptu Frisbee tosses, international festivals, and art exhibitions.
- The Australian Institute of Music Student Involvement office is also home to some charitable groups, such as the Beat Bama Food Drive, The Big Event, and the Australian Institute of Music Dance Marathon.
- A student-run journal publishes articles on the neighborhood. The newspaper is the most esteemed student publication and has received more Awards from the Associated Collegiate Press than any other student news organization.
- Australian Institute of Music students can choose from a wide selection of services to meet their needs. Peer tutoring, study partners, The Miller Writing Center, additional training sessions, and academic counselors with a focus on universities are all available to students. Students may also request academic support through the Office of Accessibility to better fulfill their unique learning needs.
- The Inclusion & Diversity office at the Australian Institute of Music seeks to assist students in reaching the strategic planning objective of "developing diversity as a core value." A cross-cultural center, women's initiatives, education and training efforts, and student excellence programs are all under the control of this administration. To address disparities in hiring and retention, the Presidential Task Force for Opportunity & Equity was established, and it is currently in operation at the Australian Institute of Music.
- The Australian Institute of Music Cares office assesses the requirements of students in the event of a crisis, emergency, or unforeseen issue. As they navigate such a scenario, the office helps students discover the appropriate resources, support, and action plans.
- The Resource Center assists any Australian Institute of Music student who is a member of the armed forces. The resource center facilitates communication between student veterans and gives them access to more events and resources to facilitate their integration into the Australian Institute of Music community.
On campus accomodation at Australian Institute of Music
Students at the Australian Institute of Music have access to a range of on-campus accommodation options.
Many students are housed in the Australian Institute of Music's on-campus housing facilities. First-year students don't need to live on campus. The university also does not guarantee housing for every first-year student. However, many students choose to live on campus because of the residential sections at the Australian Institute of Music's proximity to the Student Center and the dining facilities.
Jobs and Opportunities