International Relations is the study of relations across boundaries of nation-states. It covers themes like international political economy, global governance, intercultural relations, national and ethnic identities, foreign policy analysis, development studies, environment, international security, diplomacy, terrorism, media, social movements among a wider set of issues.
After earning a Bachelor Degree in International Relations , you'll be able to work with local governments, private or public institutions, or even NGOs and try to address complex problems like poverty, hunger, inequality, climate change, human trafficking, human rights, among others. Due to the ongoing development of the globalisation process and the way in which companies cooperate across borders and to expand in new markets and countries, there is a high demand for International Relations graduates.
Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor's of International Relations:
- International Relations
- Political Science
A Bachelor's in International Relations is a degree requiring a lot of general knowledge, apart from which the following are the subjects required for Bachelor's in International Relations:
- Basic Mathematics
- English Language
- Introductory Political Science
Top specialization :
- Conflict and peace-making
- Comparative foreign policy
- Environmental policy
- Human rights
- Trade and financial regulation
- International law
- Diplomatic tools and processes
- Migration and refugees
- International security
Essential skills for International Relations :
- Relevant work experience.
- International experience.
- Language skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
International Relations scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
Following are some of the job roles for graduates from Bachelor's in International Relations degrees:
- Intelligence Specialist
- Political Analyst
- Communications Specialist