With over 380 officially recognised universities, some of which are ranked the best in the world, Germany is attracting international students looking to pursue a higher education. By choosing to study in Germany, you are choosing a successful future in one of 17000 programmes German universities offer.
The visa application process is fairly straightforward once you have your germany student visa requirements in order. After receiving a German visa, Schengen travel is visa-free. You can also apply for an 18-month German residency permit after graduation to secure employment. International students can work part-time for 20 hours a week or 120 days in a year. This blog covers everything you need to know about German study visa requirements.
Table Of Contents:
German Student Visa Requirements
To get started with the application process for a student visa to Germany, you will need the following key pieces of Germany student visa requirements for indian. Germany student visa rules are to apply for a German student visa at the embassy or consulate in your country. Originals must be delivered with two photocopies. Here’s a detailed checklist of documents required for a german student visa:
- Valid passport
- At least 30,000 EUR in health insurance coverage, with a validity period of at least three months.
- Verification of the existence of sufficient resources
- High school academic transcripts
- English language requisite for german student visa (band required for germany student visa are 5.5-6.0 on the IELTS and 550 on the TOEFL)
- German language proficiency certificate: Levels II-III of the DSH Certificate
- Health record
- Two recent biometric portraits photographs
- Student visa application fee payment receipt
- Letter of acceptance from German university
- A letter of motivation
- Means of subsistence- Proof of Financial Resources (EUR 10,332 deposit confirmation at a German blocked bank account.)
What is the Germany Student Visa Age Limit?
When it comes to Germany student visa age limit, Anyone of any age can submit an application to enrol in an academic programme in Germany; there is no Germany student visa age limit. The average age of a graduate in Germany is 28 years old, giving the nation the reputation of having the continent's oldest graduates.
Documents Required for German Student Visa?
“What are the requirements for student visa in Germany” is a frequently asked question among students looking to study abroad.The process of applying for a student visa in Germany is not arduous. A key section of germany student visa requirements for indian is to have all the necessary paperwork for germany student visa requirements .
With all this, obtaining your germany study visa requirements should not be difficult. When considering what are the documents required for germany student visa, here’s a comprehensive list of documents required for german student visa:
Requirement #1: Visa Application Documents
- Completed and signed application for a student visa.
- Valid national passport
- Two copies of your passport
- Birth certificate.
- A copy of your marriage licence. (Applicable if any)
- The birth certificate of your child. (If any)
- Submit three recent passport style images
Requirement #2: Additional contact and legal counsel information is requested on this declaration form.
- Completed and signed copies in two separate sets.
Requirement #3: Demand Draft for the student visa fee
- Demand Drafts in Indian rupees must be used to pay the fee at the Embassy/Consulate as part of the germany study visa requirements for Indian students.
Requirement #4: Proof of University Admission
- Confirmation of enrollment in academic programmes:
- A document from a German university or college confirming the date on which you will begin your studies and the language in which you will be taught.
- Admission to a conditional programme and a certified intense course of study.
- Prior to being accepted to a university, you must have a letter stating that you have completed an intense language programme as part of the germany language visa requirements. The course must span at least six months and include at least 18 hours of weekly instruction.
- Documentation of conditional acceptance to a university:
- An "uni-assist" sent this letter.
- Acceptance as an applicant has been confirmed.
- With the university regarding final admissions requirements.
- There must be proof of payment for the language programme as part of the germany language visa requirements.
- A confirmed spot in the course is required. Payment must cover the first three months of living expenses.
- Proof of conditional university acceptance.
- Letter from uni assist
- Verification of your status as a prospective student.
- Communication with the university regarding final admissions requirements.
- Proof that you've been accepted into the course.
Requirement #5: Evidence of your earlier education.
- Original high school diploma.
- Certificate of completion of the degree programme (if applying for masters or phd programmes)
Requirement #6: Medical Insurance
- Students who are enrolled in an accredited German degree programme are often eligible for low-cost public health insurance.
- German health insurance can be divided into two categories:
- Insurance for international students is provided by a public health insurance provider, and it ranges in price from EUR 103,94 to EUR 111,75 per month for basic healthcare and long-term care.
- It costs roughly EUR 33 per month for private health insurance in Germany, which can rise depending on what additional services you choose and how long you intend to stay in Germany.
Requirement #7: Motivational letter
- You'll have to explain why you've chosen a certain college or programme of study. Also mention your studies and plans, and how they will benefit your career and life.
Financial Requirements For The German Student Visa
This is merely proof that you've provided demonstrating that you have the germany student visa financial requirements necessary to cover your living, lodging, and educational expenses. Any one of the following can be submitted to complete your germany student visa financial requirements:
- Confirmation of a EUR 10,332 deposit in a German-blocked bank account (this is how much bank balance is required for germany student visa)
- Letter of commitment and proof of your parent's income records and financial assets.
- A German resident's letter of commitment. The German resident who will be covering your expenses during your studies takes this letter to the Alien's Registration Office.
- Acknowledgement of receiving a scholarship. It has to show how much of the expenses are covered.
- A bank guarantee from a reputable German bank, issued to you.
A degree from a German university is respected around the world and is a great asset to have on hand when looking for work. Ensure your documents are in order for a bright and prosperous future by following this guide through germany student visa requirements, To clarify any doubts on Germany or about studying abroad, reach out to our Yocket counsellors today!