Germany is synonymous with world-class education. Students from all over the world visit the country to experience the amazing lifestyle and stellar education system it offers. Although the tuition fees are nominal for higher education, students still have to pay for other education based and living expenses. And this is why it is essential for students to take up good part time jobs in Germany. Problem is that most freshers don’t know where to find the right jobs. To help you narrow down your list, we have come up with all the information you need with respect to the highest paying part time jobs in Germany for international students. The current article will help you discover the best student jobs in Germany to aid your education and other expenses.
Benefits of Working Part Time in Germany
It is quite simple for international students to find part time jobs in Germany because the German economy is strong enough to provide jobs to several international students every year.
Given below are top benefits pertaining to part time jobs for students in Germany:
- Monetary Benefits: The Germany part time job salary aids students as an extra monetary benefit, and can be utilised for numerous purposes such as repaying loans, maintaining standard of living, being actively involved in activities, etc.
- Personal Growth: Student part time jobs in Germany are also a way to interact with people from other countries, and gain confidence in yourself, thereby promoting self growth and powerful decision making.
- Cultural Diversification: The best part time jobs for students in Germany are also known for offering cutting edge knowledge in terms of the German culture, and European lifestyle.
Part Time Job in Germany for Indian Students: Requirements and Eligibility
Part time jobs in Germany for Indian students come with few rules and regulations. As an international student, it is crucial for you to understand all the laws and regulations made towards student jobs in Germany to avoid any hassle in the future.
There are a few crucial factors that must be kept in mind while looking for the best part time jobs for students in Germany. Let us have a look:
- Limited Working Hours: Students can only work up to 120 full days or 240 half days per year.
- University Norms: As per the university norms, students are only allowed to work for 20 hours a week during their term. They can take up full time employment in their vacation.
- Restricted Employment: Students cannot take up self employment or freelance work.
- Work Permit: Students will have to get a work permit from the “Agentur für Arbeit” (Federal Employment Agency) and Foreigners’ Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde). The work permit will contain the maximum amount of hours a student can work. Students can also ask the agencies for an extension in work hours if they want to.
- Language Course Rules: International students who take up language courses or preparatory courses in Germany are only allowed to work during their recess periods or lecture free periods only with the permission of the Federal employment agency and immigration office.
Suggested: Why Study in Germany?
Students must strictly adhere to the rules and regulations laid down by the German Government, failing to which, students can be expelled from the country.
Types of Part Time Jobs in Germany for International Students
Let us have a look at some of the best part time jobs for Indian students in Germany:
- Teaching or Research Assistant at a university
- English Tutor
- Virtual Assistant
- Content Writer/ Copy Editor
- Video Editor
- Online Translator
- Graphic Designer
- Audio Book Narrator
Know About Studying in Germany
How To Get Part Time Job in Germany?
The Germany part time job salary entirely depends upon the type of part time job you opt for. International students studying in Germany can get hands on:
- On-campus Jobs: German universities have Placement cells which offer international students with internship and training opportunities.
- Off-campus Jobs: Students can also look for off-campus jobs in a local area and work as a barista, book shop trainee, influencer, content writer etc. Word of mouth really helps while looking for off-campus jobs in Germany.
- Online Portals: Online platforms such as LinkedIn can be of utmost help while looking for a decent part time job in Germany for students salary.
In addition to jobs on the field, be it on campus or off campus, you can always access the option of online part time jobs in Germany.
Finding part time work will surely help you. However, working too much can needlessly extend your degree program. Thus, work for the specified amount of time only and try to find programs which are related to your degree in some way.
What is the Germany Student Part Time Job Salary?
After getting to know is it east to get part time job in Germany, let us move on to understand about the part time job in Germany for students salary.
When it comes to Germany part time jobs salary for international students, you must remember that the salaries may vary depending on the kind of job you do, location of the job, the skills you have and the experience you bring to the table.
However, the current minimum minimum wage for part time job in Germany is 9.82 EUR per hour (as of Jan 2022).
Germany part time jobs salary for international students pays enough to get extra income or extra pocket money but your whole cost of living cannot be covered by doing part time jobs. This is where education loans for Germany come in or even scholarships like DAAD to assist you with finances.
Taxes For International Students in Germany
All the students do not have to pay taxes in Germany. Students earning less than 450 EUR per month can be exempted from paying taxes. On the other hand, students who earn more than 450 Euros per month have to pay taxes.
Such students will have to get a tax number and a certain amount will be deducted from their wages every month. Students can get this amount back at the end of the year by submitting a tax return.
Suggested: MBA Scholarships in Germany
Working part time has its advantages such as getting the chance to get extra income or extra pocket money, interacting with several different people, exploring more of Germany and so on. However, what also needs to be kept in mind is that you don’t have to burden yourself so much with extra work to aid your finances. So seek help from student loans for Germany as well as apply for scholarships like DAAD. Most of all, enjoy study-work-life balance and maintain your sanity at all times. Want to know why Germany is best for study? Hit up our Yocket Counsellors!
Happy job hunting!
Frequently Asked Questions about Part Time Jobs in Germany for Indian Students
Ques. Is it easy to get a part time job in Germany for Indian students?
Ans. Yes it is fairly simple to find a part time job in Germany as the economy is strong enough to provide various jobs to international students.
Ques. What are some of the part time jobs in Germany for Indian Students?
Ans. Part time jobs in Germany for Indian students are easily available and they include working under job profiles like academic assistants, waiter/waitress, cashier, working in retail or media etc.
Ques. What is the highest paid part time job in Germany?
Ans. The pay scale for the job profiles like academic assistants or industrial production assistants is comparatively higher. However, the salary for part time jobs varies depending on the kind of job, the job location, your skills and experience. Don’t limit your options to offline work. Do explore the online part time jobs in Germany as well.
Ques. How much can students earn by working part time in Germany?
Ans. Students can expect to earn around 450 Euros per month by working part time in Germany.
Ques. Can I work in Germany without speaking the native language?
Ans. Yes you can! There are some job opportunities for English speakers in Germany. However, it is recommended that you learn German well to have a better understanding of the country and its working. Learning the language will make your life in Germany much easier.