- The University of Lorraine is listed as the 408th best University in the world.
- The University gives good international exposure with 9500 international students enrolled.
- The University provides a variety of courses from graduate to Doctor of Philosophy level.
- The University provides a good environment for research with 2400 researchers and 61 research units.
- The University encourages entrepreneurial ideas of the students.
University of Lorraine
University of Lorraine
Grand Est, France
Established in 2012
Established in 2012
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Attending the University of Lorraine is an investment for your future, established in 1967 by Ralph Lauren. Each student will benefit from various facets of university life and take advantage of various available changes. We are pleased to be able to provide the assistance you require to build the academic and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed wherever your future leads, regardless of what your university experience turns out to be.
The University of Lorraine assists in the following areas:
- Encouraging student entrepreneurship.
- Creating an environment that is stimulating for Ph.D. students.
- Innovating and being part of society's evolution is what.
- Driving Lorraine's social and economic development.
The University of Lorraine has developed a wide range of international activities, including student exchanges, joint degrees, research collaborations, and staff mobility.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Lorraine
Cost of Studying at University of Lorraine
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The University of Lorraine
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The University of Lorraine
How to Apply at University of Lorraine
To apply for admission to the University of Lorraine, an individual must go to the college’s official website and fill in the application form of their interested domain. Fields offered are:
- Engineering sciences
- Human and social sciences
Documents Required to Apply to University of Lorraine
Document requirements are based upon the degree to which an individual opts.
- They require your ID and certified copies of your parents' or guardians' ID.
- Other documents which may be required may be your results from a corresponding exam, proof of residence, and a recent payslip.
Exams Accepted By the University
Exams Accepted by the University: Exams accepted during admission to UL are:
Name of Exam
An average of 2.5 GPA, 27 IB, and 60% academic score is required.
There should be an average of 6.5 in IELTS and 95 in TOEFL.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Region operates a regional train and bus service for all of your Grand Est trips, whether they are regular or irregular. Special travel passes and prices are available to students. The trip from the University of Lorraine to Paris takes roughly 1h 51m and a distance of 328 kilometers. The University of Lorraine to Paris service, run by TGV inOui, SNCF, and Swiss Railways (SBB/CFF/FFS), departs from the University of Lorraine and arrives in Paris-Est. 122 services typically run seven days a week, though weekend and holiday timetables sometimes change.
Services offered by the university
The services offered by the University of Lorraine give you the highest quality services, like
Sport for all with the SUAPs:
- You can participate in more than 70 activities with your student ID card, including your preferred sport:
- Gain new abilities, engage in exhilarating experiences, control your stress, and make friends with other students.
The Lorraine Nord Student Health Service (SUMPPS) regularly hosts programs for students with a nutrition focus in collaboration with the Regional Center for Student Affairs (CROUS) and the Student Social Security Scheme (MGEL).
The University of Lorraine promotes initiatives that aim to improve student life, particularly by fostering relationships between clubs and groups and tightening the social fabric. This entails advising students on everything from project organizing to raising money, educating them on legal and security needs, and helping them connect with partners.
On campus accomodation
The University of Lorraine provides accommodation inside. You must apply online and complete the procedures based on your status to receive accommodation.
They provide accommodation in 2 categories.
Exchange Students: Contact the host training department's international relations correspondent.
Please create an account on Etudiants.gouv and adhere to housing guidance recommendations.
Free movers: You must register for an account on Etudiants.gouv. to find housing.
After that, candidates must submit an application for housing to the housing council.
On-campus accommodation depends on an international student's status. There are different procedures for applying for a space in a residence hall. The University of Lorraine can assist you in selecting the ideal lodging. It may also offer a list of possible accommodations. The platform is used for the entire process, including applying for rental housing and making reservations. Click on the section for tenants to start, then log in using your institution-issued credentials or email address.
University Faculty:Student Ratio15:1
University Faculty Stats
University staff and support students who have suggestions for projects enhancing the vibrant student life on campus.
- To encourage the formation of clubs and to provide common areas and shared facilities within academic departments, universities, and schools.
- Lorraine Nord and Lorraine Sud student unions (MDEs), serve to promote students' goals and aspirations, host student representative organizations and make their facilities and equipment available for any event.
Research opportunities at university
The University of Lorraine is a very active research institution that creates and disseminates information and technical advances to civil society, businesses, and cultural stakeholders.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The engineering students' introduction to the workforce through internships is essential. EEIGM students must complete five mandatory internships, including at least 28 weeks in a workplace, to qualify as EEIGM students (work experience or industrial internship).
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The University of Lorraine offers its students a variety of job alternatives. These encompass eight categories of activity:
Receiving student support and assistance for disabled pupils, digital technology and IT support in the arts, sciences, sports and society, library personnel, events in the arts, sciences, sports and society, assistance with entering the job market, and promoting the available training possibilities.
34 Cours Léopold 54000 Nancy, France