- Swiss Hotel Management School has an affiliation degree program from a professional university called Derby University.
- Swiss Hotel Management School has a study abroad program in which students can study at any partner university in different countries for one semester.
- Swiss Hotel Management School scholarship program provides a merit-based, partner, and Swiss citizen scholarship for its students. SHMS offers a minimum of 10,000 CHF (8,08,775 INR) for full tuition fee waiver scholarships.
Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
Established in 1902
Established in 1902
Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux is one of Switzerland's prominent hospitality management schools. SHMS is a private hotel management school established in 1992. In addition, Swiss Hotel Management School has one more campus apart from Caux, located in Leysin, Switzerland. SHMS offers bachelor's, master's, and post-graduate diploma courses in different hotel management and hospitality disciplines. Students can choose among popular Swiss Hotel Management School courses: Hospitality Management, Science in International Hospitality Management, Online Executive Hospitality Management etc.
A total of 3,500 students at Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux are admitted to its various graduate and post-graduate courses. Moreover, 1,700 Swiss Hotel Management School international students come from around the world. In addition, according to the Swiss Hotel Management School QS world ranking, the school is in 3rd position among the best hotel management schools worldwide in 2022.
Top Reasons to Study in the Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
Cost of Studying at Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
How to Apply at Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
- Apply online through the common application portal from the official University website
- Fill in all of the necessary details
- Fill in educational background details
- Write a statement of purpose
- Select course
- Submit the application
- Pay application fees
Note: Swiss Hotel Management School application fee is 75 CHF (6,066 INR) for all its courses.
Application portal: University official website
Documents Required to Apply to Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux
- High school diploma from an authorized school or college
- Official transcripts
- English Language proficiency test marks (TOEFL and IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Acceptance letter from the University
- Motivation Letter
- Reference Letter
- Resume, CV
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents
- Medical or Insurance documents
Exams Accepted By the University
Swiss Hotel Management School requirements for international students differ significantly for all its courses. Therefore, interested students are advised to review SHMS eligibility requirements before submitting their application:
Tourism and Hospitality
IELTS: 6.0 & Above
Hospitality and Design Management
IELTS: 6.0 & Above
IELTS: 6.0 & Above
English Proficiency Requirement
For Swiss Hotel Management School admission in any courses, applicants must score a certain mark on the English proficiency test. Check the below-given table to understand the Swiss Hotel Management School admission criteria and English proficiency test scores.
English proficiency test
Minimum Eligibility score
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
Graduates of Swiss Hotel Management School will join the community of more than 24,000 like-minded people from around the globe. Some of the notable alumni of SHMS are (Bridget) Jing Yi Wei-Executive Lounge at Hilton Beijing Capital Airport; Aashir Khan-Human Resources Administrator; Achilleas Hatzikostas-Hotel Operations Manager at Vedema; Adelina Salanta-Guest relations manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona; Adina Aldaniyaz-Front Office Trainee at Hamilton Hotel.
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
Swiss Hotel Management School, Caux, has various local transportation services. Students can reach the college with the closest subway, tram, rail, train, and taxi services. In addition, SHMS students can use the 175 bus service, which provides regularly scheduled transportation from Leysin Feydey to the college campus.
Services offered by the university
- Students can enjoy the large palace-style Caux Swiss Hotel Management School campus. The college has all the basic amenities, including well-equipped classrooms with the latest technology, computer labs, a grand hall, a theater, a four-season buffet, a fine-dine restaurant, and demonstration kitchens.
- Students can access the on-campus library 24/7, which has a collection of different cooking books, journals related to food and hotel management etc.
- Swiss Hotel Management School campus has a 24/7 front desk facility, private pranking area, bike lending services and a student lounge where students can study and interact with other faculty members.
- Students can access the on-campus athletic facilities. SHMS provides athletic facilities like a swimming pool, weight training room, a multi-purpose fitness gym, etc.
- Students can participate in various cooking events, socialize with other students, and participate in workshops and on-campus functions.
On campus accomodation
Swiss Hotel Management School provides on-campus accommodation facilities to all its students. Students can choose among various room types available at the school.
Students get the basic accommodation facility. The school provides double and single bedroom facilities to all the students. Students can get a single or a shared room.
University Faculty Stats
Swiss Hotel Management School has highly knowledgeable and experienced administrative staff allowing students to get personal attention.
Research opportunities at university
Swiss Hotel Management School encourages various research facilities and encourages students to conduct research in multiple hotel management disciplines to support their' academic learning.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Swiss Hotel Management School provides career counseling, resume and portfolio building, and placement facilities to all its students. Many international companies and restaurants hire Swiss Hotel Management School students. The average salary of graduates of SHMS is around 75,000 CHF (60,69,892 INR).
1. Is an English proficiency test necessary for admission to Swiss Hotel Management School?
It is necessary to take an English proficiency test to get admitted to Swiss Hotel Management School.
2. How many bachelors courses are provided by the Swiss Hotel Management School?
Swiss Hotel Management School provides more than 7 bachelor courses in different hotel management fields.
3. What is the acceptance rate at Swiss Hotel Management School?
The acceptance rate at Swiss Hotel Management School is 65%.
4. What is the average Swiss Hotel Management School tuition fee?
The average tuition fee for Swiss Hotel Management School is 25,000-30,000 CHF (20,19,613- 24,23,770 INR).
5. What is the minimum IELTS score required for Swiss Hotel Management School?
The minimum IELTS score required for Swiss Hotel Management School is 6.5 & Above.