- With all their master's programs being taught 100% in English, the university does not require its students to have knowledge of the Italian Language. However, Milano Fashion Institute provides free-of-charge Italian language courses for all international students.
- Milano Fashion Institute is located in Italy and as per Eurostat’s Fashion Industry Data, the country is the largest producer of fashion goods, contributing to 41% of all EU gross production value.
- Milano Fashion Institute offers a unique and intensive joint certificate program in partnership with the Fashion Insitute of Technology- New York. Part of this course also includes using case studies derived from Milanese brands such as Armani and Prada.
Milano Fashion Institute
Established in 2007
Established in 2007
Milano Fashion Institute, a University Institute for Higher Education in fashion, was founded in 2007 and is situated in Milan, Lombardy, Italy. Established as an inter-university institute by the most important Milanese universities, the fashion college delivers educational programs and scientific activities for the Fashion System. Offering master’s programs and nine other fashion-related courses, Milano Fashion Institute welcomes international students from more than 10 countries. The university is accredited by the Politecnico of Milan, School of Design with some of its courses recognized by the Ministry of the University, and valid at the international level.
Top Reasons to Study in the Milano Fashion Institute
Admissions at The Milano Fashion Institute
How to Apply at Milano Fashion Institute
- Fill out the application form
- Pay the application fee
- Provide high school or secondary school transcripts
Documents Required to Apply to Milano Fashion Institute
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- Copy of your Passport or ID card
- Birth certificate
- CV in European format
- Motivation letter
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Certification of graduation or certificate of an undergraduate degree
- University Transcripts
- Work Experience (not mandatory but considered positively during the selection process)
Note: There is no Milano Fashion Institute application fee.
Exams Accepted By the University
Milano Fashion Institute’s eligibility requirements for international students are as follows:
Examination Requirements for Master Programs
- Degree equal to or higher than a Bachelor of Art, Master of Art, or Master of Science
- Intermediate level of English knowledge
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign (for students applying to INFORMATION 2023 MASTERS IN FASHION CREATION)
- Knowledge of Rhinoceros and Keyshot or other 3D representation and rendering software (for students applying to INFORMATION 2023 MASTERS IN FASHION CREATION)
- Graphic and representation skills (for students applying to INFORMATION 2023 MASTERS IN FASHION CREATION)
- Problem-solving skills (for students applying to INFORMATION 2023 MASTERS IN FASHION CREATION)
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
BRAND & LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT
Milano Fashion Institute’s alumni include marketing assistants, retail operations specialists, social media managers, merchandisers, e-commerce assistants, application consultants, business analysts, PR managers, and more.
University Faculty Stats
Milano Fashion Institute is staffed with over 94 teachers and industry professionals with a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1.
Research opportunities at university
Milano Fashion Institute actively supports the fashion industry through various activities including The Field Integrated Projects and the Ad Hoc Training Projects and Research. The former is a training module coordinated by a team of multidisciplinary professors where students work in teams to create a business strategy with a high level of innovation, simulation, and close to the reality of professional contexts. The university’s research activities provide services to companies and institutions through competitive benchmarks and detailed analysis of the industry reality. Milano Fashion Institute’s research is aimed at the planning and subsequent implementation of its strategic innovation processes.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Milano Fashion Institute supports curricular internships in order for its students to receive concrete training from a valuable company. With a continuous interaction with many Italian and international companies, the university’s Career Service portal allows companies to post internship opportunities. Students have previously interned at reputable establishments like Alexander Mcqueen, Bulgari, Diesel Group, Giorgio Armani, Hearst Magazine, Hermes, Roberto Cavalli, Tom Ford, and Value Retail, among many others.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
To ensure students’ smooth transition from learning to employment, the university offers numerous career development services like field seminars, career management, internships, introduction to the job market, self-assessment, company links, and mentoring. Graduates of Milano Fashion Institute have previously worked or are currently working at world-leading companies like Accenture, Balenciaga, Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi’s, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Viviene Westwood, and Tommy Hilfiger, among many others.
1. What are the Milano Fashion Institute tuition fees?
The Milano Fashion Institute tuition fee for master’s programs is 16,500 EUR (13,26,000 INR).
2. What are the Milano Fashion Institute GPA requirements?
The Milano Fashion Institute GPA requirement for international students is not mentioned by the institute. Students are required to have a degree equal to or higher than a Bachelor of Art, Master of Art, or Master of Science and an intermediate level of English knowledge
3. What is the Milano Fashion Institute acceptance rate?
The Milano Fashion Institute acceptance rate is not mentioned but it is important to note that all their master's programs accept a limited number of students.
4. What are the Milano Fashion Institute courses?
The Milano Fashion Institute courses are as follows: six master’s programs and nine fashion courses.
5. Are there any Milano Fashion Institute scholarships for international students?
Milano Fashion Institute scholarships for international students are offered through the Academic Commission if students meet both income and merit-based eligibility requirements. Scholarships are available for only some programs.