- Rigorous STEM education: Harvey Mudd is known for its rigorous STEM education, which is designed to challenge and inspire students. The college offers a wide range of majors in engineering, science, and mathematics, and students have the opportunity to take advanced courses and conduct research with faculty members.
- Small class sizes: Harvey Mudd has a small student body, which means that classes are typically small and students have the opportunity to get to know their professors and classmates well. This makes it easier to get help when needed and to build relationships with mentors.
- Strong academic reputation: Harvey Mudd is consistently ranked as one of the top engineering and science colleges in the country. The college has a high graduation rate and a strong alumni network, which can help students in their future careers
- Diverse student body: Harvey Mudd has a diverse student body, with students from all over the United States and the world. This diversity of thought and experience enriches the learning environment and helps students to become more well-rounded individuals.
- Collaborative environment: Harvey Mudd is known for its collaborative environment. Students are encouraged to work together on projects and to help each other learn. This creates a supportive and supportive community where students can thrive.
Harvey Mudd College
Average Living Expenses
Harvey Mudd College is a private liberal arts college located in Claremont, California. Established in 1955, the university has a total enrollment of 905 undergraduate students and offers various academic programs including engineering, science, mathematics, and computer science.
The college is very selective with its application process and has an acceptance rate of 10%. As per the U.S. News & World Ranking, Harvey Mudd Collge ranked #21 in National Liberal Arts College 2022-23. The tuition fee for international students at Harvey Mudd College is $65,954 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Top Reasons to Study in the Harvey Mudd College
BS in Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
Bachelors in Physics
Bachelors in Engineering
Department of Engineering
Cost of Studying at Harvey Mudd College
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Admissions at The Harvey Mudd College
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at Harvey Mudd College
Here are the steps on how to apply to Harvey Mudd College for international students:
- Start early. The application deadline for international students is January 1.
- Gather your materials. You will need to submit the following:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- SAT or ACT scores
- Midterm and final transcripts from your current school
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample
- Financial aid application, if needed
- Meet the application requirements. Harvey Mudd College has specific requirements for international students. Be sure to read the admissions website carefully to make sure you meet all of the requirements.
- Submit your application. The application fee for international students is $70.
Documents Required to Apply to Harvey Mudd College
Here are the documents that are required to apply to Harvey Mudd College
- Complete application and application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Proof of English proficiency test score
- Letters of recommendation
- Interview (optional)
- SAT or ACT score (optional)
- Financial aid documentation (if applicable)
Exams Accepted By Harvey Mudd College
Here are the exams and their minimum requirement that are accepted by Harvey Mudd College
- DET: 130
- TOEFL (iBT): 100
- IELTS: 7.5
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Harvey Mudd College
More rankings for this university
- #29 in National Liberal Arts Colleges 2022 by the U.S. News & World Report.
- #71 in Top Colleges 2023 by Forbes.
- #39 in California by EduRank.
Students Harvey Mudd College
Premium Yocketer profiles
Alumni at Harvey Mudd College
Here are some of the most prominent alumni of Harvey Mudd College:
- Donald D. Chamberlin: Co-inventor of SQL, the standard language for relational database management systems.
- Richard H. Jones: Diplomat, U.S. Ambassador to Israel.
- Jonathan Gay: Creator of Adobe Flash software.
- Joseph Costello: Chairman and CEO of think3, former president and CEO of Cadence Design Systems.
- Nabeel Gareeb: CEO of MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc.; sixth highest-paid CEO in 2007 (with a salary of $79.6 million).
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Reviews for Harvey Mudd College
Transportation in the city
There are a few options for transportation in the city of Claremont, where Harvey Mudd College is located.
- Public transportation: The Claremont station, which is approximately one mile from the college, is served by Metrolink's San Bernardino Line. Long-distance bus connections are also available via Greyhound and Amtrak Thruway Bus. Local bus services are provided by Foothill Transit.
- Bicycle: Biking is a popular way to get around Claremont. The city has a well-developed bike path system, and many students and residents own bicycles.
- Walking: Claremont is a relatively small city, so it is easy to get around by walking. Many students and residents choose to walk to class, the library, or to the shops and restaurants in downtown Claremont.
- Taxi: There are also a few taxi companies in Claremont. Taxis can be a more expensive option than public transportation or ride-sharing, but they can be a good choice if you need a ride to or from the airport or if you are travelling late at night.
Services offered by the university
Harvey Mudd College offers a variety of services to its students, faculty, and staff. Some of the most notable services include:
- Academic advising: Students are assigned an academic advisor who helps them plan their coursework and choose classes that are right for them. Advisors also provide support and guidance throughout students' academic careers.
- Career counselling: The Career Center offers a variety of services to help students with their career planning, including resume writing, interview skills training, and job search assistance.
- Financial aid: The Financial Aid Office helps students and families pay for college by providing a variety of financial aid options, such as scholarships, grants, and loans.
- Student health services: The Health Center provides preventive and primary care services to students, including medical exams, vaccinations, and mental health counselling.
- Athletics: Harvey Mudd College has a variety of intercollegiate sports teams, including men's and women's basketball, cross country, soccer, tennis, and track and field.
Student life at Harvey Mudd College
There are many opportunities for students to get involved in extracurricular activities. Here are some of the highlights of student life at Harvey Mudd College:
- Residential life: All students are required to live on campus for their first three years. This helps to create a strong sense of community and allows students to get to know their classmates and professors outside of the classroom.
- Student organizations: There are over 100 student-run clubs and organizations at Harvey Mudd, covering a wide range of interests. This gives students the opportunity to find their niche and get involved in something they are passionate about.
- Intramural sports: Intramural sports are a great way to stay active and have fun with friends. Harvey Mudd offers a variety of intramural sports, including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and flag football.
- Volunteer opportunities: There are many opportunities for students to volunteer in the community. This is a great way to give back to the community and make a difference.
- Cultural events: There are always plenty of cultural events taking place on campus, such as concerts, plays, and art exhibits. This is a great way to experience different cultures and learn about the world around you.
On campus accomodation at Harvey Mudd College
Harvey Mudd College offers a variety of on-campus accommodations for students with disabilities. These accommodations include:
- Single rooms
- Accessible bathrooms
- Accessible furniture
- Assistive technology
- Personal assistance
- Academic accommodations
To request on-campus accommodations, students must contact the Office of Accessible Education. The Office of Accessible Education will work with students to assess their needs and develop a plan for providing accommodations.
The following are the on-campus residence halls that offer accessible accommodations:
Students who are interested in living in an accessible residence hall should contact the Office of Residential Life as soon as possible.
Jobs and Opportunities