- Harvey Mudd College scholarship programmes are highly beneficial to international students. Through a combination of grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study, Harvey Mudd covers 100% of substantiated needs. The majority of merit awards are worth USD 10,000 per year, (INR 7.60 Lakhs), and are renewable for up to four years.
- Harvey Mudd was ranked fifth amongst 218 Liberal Arts Colleges in the United States by Washington Monthly in 2020, based on its commitment to the public good as assessed by socioeconomic mobility, research, and supporting public service.
- Harvey Mudd is among one of the last four-year schools or universities in the United States to accept just SAT exam scores for admission, rather than ACT test scores.
- Graduate-level research opportunities and Project-based experiential learning make Harvey Mudd's courses come to life. Working on real-world research or design projects will help you accomplish your degree. Strong oral and written communication, as well as superior computational skills, are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
Harvey Mudd College
Harvey Mudd College
California, United States
Established in 1955
Established in 1955
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Harvey Mudd College (HMC) is a Claremont, California-based private college that was founded in 1955. It is a member of The Claremont Colleges, an elite network of universities. There are seven academic departments at Harvey Mudd College. Engineering, Humanities, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Arts, Mathematics, and Physics are the departments that make up the University. Harvey Mudd admissions are extremely competitive, and the college is noted for its serious academic culture.
Harvey Mudd has the greatest rate of science and engineering Ph.D. graduates among all undergraduate institutions and the second-highest rate among all universities and colleges. The College is ranked 28th among the finest Liberal Arts Colleges and the Harvey Mudd College courses are exclusively tailored for undergraduate students. Harvey Mudd has a graduation rate of 96%.
Top Reasons to Study in the Harvey Mudd College
Cost of Studying at Harvey Mudd College
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Harvey Mudd College
More rankings for this university
Harvey Mudd College is ranked among the top universities for international students in California, United States. This university provides quality education and amazing career and learning opportunities. Next are its top international and national rankings by various reputed platforms.
- As per the US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #29 among National Liberal Arts Colleges.
- As per US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #36 among the Best Undergraduate Teaching.
- As per the US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #89 among the Best Value Schools.
- As per the US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #19 among the Most Innovative Schools.
- As per the US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #181 among Top Performers on Social Mobility.
- As per the US News 2022-2023 ranking, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #2 among the Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #1 among the Best Liberal Arts Colleges in America.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #2 among Best Value Colleges in America.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #2 among the Best Small Colleges in America.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #311 among Best Greek Life Colleges in America.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #13 among the Best Colleges for Maths America.
- As per Niche 2023, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga ranks #14 among Best Colleges for Computer Science in America.
Admissions at The Harvey Mudd College
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
How to Apply at Harvey Mudd College
International students can apply at Harvey Mudd College using the Common Application Portal and Coalition Application.
Students must complete the processes outlined below to apply to Harvey Mudd College:
- Login to the Common Applications and create an international application for Harvey Mudd College.
- Pay the application fees.
- Fill out the application form, and send it in for review.
- Please upload all relevant supporting documentation.
- Get your Letters of Acceptance printed once your application has been approved.
- Prior to making a confirmation deposit payment, you must confirm acceptance of an offer.
- Finally, make sure your personal information is up to date.
Note: The Harvey Mudd College application fee is: 100 USD (INR 7,653)
Application Portal: Common Applications, and Coalition Applications.
Exams Accepted By the University
As Harvey Mudd College admissions are so competitive, the prerequisites vary greatly. As a result, before commencing their application, applicants should thoroughly check the prerequisites of the course they plan to enroll in.
|Exams||Minimum Score Requirement|
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
BS in Computer Science
Bachelors in Physics
Bachelors in Engineering
Transportation in the city
The Claremont Station, which is located about one mile from Harvey Mudd College, is serviced by Metrolink's San Bernardino Line. In addition, Greyhound and Amtrak ThruWay Bus provide long-distance bus connections. There is a local bus service operated by Foothill Transit.
Services offered by the university
- The campus has modern classrooms, an auditorium, a library, and a cafeteria. It also offers its students many student-friendly amenities.
- Students at Harvey Mudd College learn and engage both inside and outside the classroom. In a vibrant and diverse community, 99 percent of students finish their four years on campus. The institute has nine residence halls where students can stay.
The Division of Student Affairs (DSA) and the Office of Campus Life (OCL) are the two main sections that cater to student needs at Harvey Mudd College. The DSA is in charge of leadership opportunities, whereas the OCL is in charge of sponsoring extracurricular events on campus, as the titles suggest.
- The Student Activities Planning team (DOS Muchachos) is in charge of planning and arranging events for the entire school.
- Non-dormitory events, which are usually held off-campus, are organized by the ASHMC Committee for Activities Planning (CAP).
- The ASHMC Social Committee also hosts on-campus gatherings.
On campus accomodation
- On campus, there are nine residence halls, each of which is divided into an "inside dorm" and an "outer dorm."
- The inner dorms are arranged in a U pattern around a courtyard, with the lounge in the middle. Suites, which are often two rooms connected by a bathroom and open out to the courtyard, are how rooms are organized. In the courtyard and lounge, residents frequently mingle.
- The outer dorms are newer and are set out in a more traditional suite manner. Four to nine students share a communal suite lounge and bathroom in singles, doubles, and triples.
- Harvey Mudd College Cost/Fee for accommodation annually is USD 9554 (INR 7,30,383) & Meal Plan is USD 8038 (INR 6,14,419).
University Faculty Stats
There are approximately 1447 total faculty members at the college out of which 1217 are full-time and 230 are part-time faculty members. The faculty members are highly skilled and friendly with the students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 8:1, which is much better than the National average of 12:1. 63% of the classes have less than 20 students.
Research opportunities at university
Every summer, Harvey Mudd College hosts about 200 students who conduct research. The diverse range of opportunities available within and across departments is remarkable. Almost all summer research positions are now advertised through HMC's campus-wide URO recruitment website. They also employ research mentors who can help undergraduates gain relevant research experiences, such as postdocs and professors.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Students can get internships via a common platform called “Handshake”. Interns are supervised, given feedback, coached, and mentored on a regular basis. Internships are not accepted for credit at Harvey Mudd College. The majority of HMC students are paid for their work. The College allows students to try out a potential professional field and obtain relevant work experience in a field of interest.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The Office of Professional Services (OCS) at Harvey Mudd helps students at all stages of their career development, from choosing a major to finding work after graduation. Approximately 60% of Harvey Mudd's graduates enter the workforce with excellent compensation packages. The maximum pay for students graduating from the College as Senior Software Engineers is 130,471 USD (INR 1.07 Crore). The graduates are given generous packages from renowned companies, starting at 102,058 USD (INR 78.23 Lakhs).