The British Columbia Institute of Technology comes among the top 30 best universities in Canada according to many independent rankings. It is also ranked in the top 5% of the world's best universities.
British Columbia Institute of Technology
British Columbia, Canada
Established in 1964
Established in 1964
The British Columbia Institute Of Technology was established in 1964 and has been successful in training experts, professionals and creators to shape our economy around the world. It has been influential in the development of British Columbia by delivering education that goes beyond the bounds of classroom studying and textbooks.
The British Columbia Institute Of Technology emphasizes empowering people by imparting knowledge that would inspire global progress. Students learn technical skills, problem-solving tactics, and real-world experiences at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. They learn to embrace complexity and stimulate innovation in a rapidly changing environment. The network of alumni and partners at the British Columbia Institute of Technology continues to achieve success at a global level.
Studying at BCIT is a popular choice amongst students as:
- More than 50,000 choose this institute to broaden their career paths.
- The institute has all the innovative tools, world-class programs and instructors with deep expertise to help the students achieve their dreams.
Cost of Studying at British Columbia Institute of Technology
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The British Columbia Institute of Technology
More rankings for this university
Admissions at The British Columbia Institute of Technology
CA$125 - CA$154
How to Apply at British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Select your program - Go through The British Columbia Institute of Technology's list of programs and courses to select one that fits your requirements.
- Meet the entrance test requirements - Once you have selected your program, start preparing for the entrance test required for the program.
- Application Preparation - Keep tabs on the application dates and prepare your documents. The application fee should be kept ready.
- Online application - Your BCIT Id can be created online. By following the instructions, select and apply for your program. The application fee can be paid via American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
- Application Status - A student's application status can be checked by logging into their BCIT Id.
Documents Required to Apply to British Columbia Institute of Technology
- A student must collect all the documents required to apply to the program by reviewing the information given on the course list.
- All the documents are to be submitted online. They should be scanned and converted into PDF files before submission.
Supporting Documents Required:
- Some courses require supporting documents to be submitted such as a copy of your driver's license.
- Reference letters are also asked to be submitted before applying to certain courses.
- For international students, proof of status needs to be submitted before applying to a course.
Exams Accepted By the University
To enter into BCIT, a student must have an adequate English proficiency aptitude.
A BCIT assessment test is conducted to check your knowledge and skill for getting accepted into the program.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Courses at the British Columbia Institute of Technology
Jimma Yian Makuach
Total International Students in the university
The British Columbia Institute of Technology has an alumni network of 185,000 people worldwide. Some of the renowned people from the list of alumni of the institute are- Rob Brown (Canadian Journalist), Vera Kobalia (Georgian Politician), and Mozhdah Jamalzadah (Afghan singer).
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The British Columbia Institute of Technology provides parking facilities for employees and students that drive to the campus. For students that prefer cycling to reach the campus, The British Columbia Institute of Technology provides bike routes and maps along with amenities like bike racks and lockers.
For students that prefer taking transit to the campus, The British Columbia Institute of Technology has a U-pass program they can use.
Services offered by the university
The British Columbia Institute of Technology has a well-equipped campus that offers student services, food services and study rooms for progressive learning.
- The British Columbia Institute of Technology has a bookstore that has textbooks, health supplies, art supplies, stationery, and gifts. Students can shop online also from this bookstore.
- A student's BCIT Id card can help them access printers on campus, access library resources and visit recreation services facilities.
- The campus of the British Columbia Institute of Technology has a wide range of food services to choose from.
- Students can book a study room to prepare for their presentations and exams.
- Sleep pods are available for students who need to recharge in-between classes.
- Sun stations are also made available for students on campus.
On campus accomodation
The Burnaby campus of The British Columbia Institute of Technology has on-camping housing available that is located adjacent to the sports field. Students can visit the housing portal to apply for on-campus housing programs.
The housing facilities extended by the Burnaby campus of the institute promote opportunities to share experiences with people coming from different backgrounds, participate in activities and become more involved in campus life, all the while working towards your academic goals.
Sharing a living space with your peers can enhance your university experience, making it more fun and memorable.
Research opportunities at university
The British Columbia Institute of Technology provides opportunities for applied research that creates a practical learning environment for students. Innovative solutions are found for challenges faced in the industry and new, commercially relevant technology and products are introduced.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The British Columbia Institute of Technology has business internship programs such as marketing communications, new media design and web development, and digital design and development.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The British Columbia Institute of Technology has a computerized system called "The Bridge" that helps them interact directly with the employer.
1. The British Columbia Institute of Technology has how many campuses?
The British Columbia Institute of Technology has five campuses in total. The main campus is in Burnaby, British Columbia. The other four campuses are- Aerospace Technology Campus, Annacis Island Campus, Downtown Vancouver Campus, and Marine Campus.
2. What are the courses offered by the British Columbia Institute of Technology?
The British Columbia Institute of Technology offers bachelor's and master's degrees in various courses in Applied & Natural sciences, Health sciences, Trades and Apprenticeships, Engineering, and Business and Media.
3. Does the British Columbia Institute of Technology provide on-campus accommodation?
The British Columbia Institute of Technology provides both on-campus and off-campus accommodation for students.
4. How many programs and part-time courses are offered at the British Columbia Institute of Technology?
The British Columbia Institute of Technology offers a total of 1000 part-time courses and 300 programs to its students.
5. Does the British Columbia Institute of Technology offer an ESL course?
The British Columbia Institute of Technology offers ESL courses only to its international students.