If you are planning to pursue masters in , you must be aware of the fact that most universities require 16 years of education (12+4) from the applicants as an eligibility criterion. But in India, the bachelors programs like BSc, BCom, BBA, BBM, BMM, BA, etc, are completed in 3 years. And thus, by the time a student finishes their bachelor’s they have completed only 15 years of education (12+3). This can make transitioning into the post-graduate courses in international institutes with a 3-year bachelors a bit uncertain.
So, the students in such a situation often wonder, “will 3 years of bachelors or 15 years of education could get them an admit for post-graduate in North America?”
Well, the good news is there are several universities that accept 15 years of education for some of their post-graduate programs. In this article, we have provided a list of the top universities in US and Canada accepting 3-years of bachelor’s for the master’s program.
|Table of Contents|
Universities in The USA Accepting 3 Years of Bachelors for Masters
Here are the US universities that accepts 3 years of bachelors:
- Harvard Business School
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- Dartmouth University Tuck School of Business
- Columbia Business School
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Syracuse University Whitman School of Management
- Baruch College Zicklin School of Business
- Bentley University
- Johns Hopkins, Carey Business School
- University at Buffalo
- Texas A&M University
- University of Arizona
- University of California, Berkeley
- Santa Clara University
- Northeastern University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
Universities in Canada Accepting 3 years of Bachelors for Masters
Here are the universities in Canada that accepts 3 years of bachelors:
- Schulich School of Business
- York University
- University of Manitoba
- Ted Rogers School of Management
- Ryerson University
- Vancouver Island University
- HEC Montreal
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business
- University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management
Still confused? Have a look at our Youtube Video on masters With 3 Year Bachelor Degree below:
What To Do if Preferred University Requires 16 Years of Education?
Some universities do only acknowledge complete 16 years (12+4) of education for certain post-graduate programs. It is advised that students should contact the admissions committee of all the universities they are interested in.
And if your preferred university or post-graduate program happens to fall within the 16-year requirement, there are several ways you can go about getting to your dream destination.
- You could take a transfer during the under-graduation to a university in either U.S. or Canada for the 3rd and 4th year of education. You may have to repeat a year, but this would add a year to your undergraduate education, fulfilling the required criteria.
- You can also pursue a year-long postgraduate degree, such as M.Com, from India and then apply to universities abroad for a Master’s or PhD degree.
- Another option is to pursue a PG Diploma or pre-MBA course from universities abroad and then apply for the degree program. Contact the admissions committee of universities individually for more information about the same.
Furthermore, you can also get your degree evaluated by the World Education Services (WES), which is a non-profit organization that provides credential evaluation for international students aspiring to study in US and Canada.
WES recognizes some of the Indian 3-year undergraduate degrees as equivalent to a U.S. undergraduate degree only if-
- The degrees are earned in Division-1 category
- The university offering the undergraduate degree is accredited by India’s National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with grade ‘A’ or better.
The number of international institutes acknowledging 3-year bachelor’s as in Indian education system has been on rise. One of the major causes behind this is the ever-increasing number of Indian students aspiring to study abroad. And lately, these students happen to come from diverse educational backgrounds and not just engineering and technology.
Also it should be noted that several professional programs, which accept 15 years of education, gauge a candidate’s application holistically. And thus, they take into consideration the professional experience, extra-curriculars and other achievements of the candidate along with their academic credentials.
Still unclear about which way to go for your study-abroad postgraduation plan? You can check out the Yocket Premium Counselling service to help find the best possible solution to your study-abroad concerns.
You can start off with a free profile consultation call with one of our overseas education experts to get a better idea as to which university/program would be a good fit for you.