University of Lausanne
QS Global Rank
Average Living Expenses
Established in 1911, HEC Lausanne, also known as the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Lausanne, is the affiliated business school of Lausanne. The university has close to 16,000 students, of which around one in four come from abroad. It is considered one of the best business schools in Switzerland. The HEC Lausanne offers Bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. degrees and executive education, including a part-time Executive MBA, short, open courses, and tailor-made programmes for the organisations. The university has a strong international dimension with more than 130 academic partners internationally.
The university received the AMBA and EQUIS accreditations for the high quality of its programmes, research-, and teaching activities and also has collaborations with other faculties along with the region's teaching and research centres such as EPFL.HEC Lausanne offers specific multidisciplinary programmes and training, especially in a Master's and continuing education context.
Top Reasons to Study in the University of Lausanne
The university has close ties with business enterprises, organisations, and public authorities in Switzerland and worldwide. It offers a program of refresher and complementary courses designed for adults who are already professionally active but wish to update their knowledge in a particular domain or enlarge their field of competence.
- The university encourages the appropriate use of technology and knowledge to ensure the rapid renewal of knowledge and respond to a growing demand for effective and flexible education.
- The university offers an MBA programme designed for managers and professionals who wish to acquire new competencies and responsibilities in their careers. The programme lasts 16 months, and participants can choose between two main focus areas, including Management Corporate and Finance Healthcare Management.
- The HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne scholarships include External Funding GGC Scholarships and Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme.
MSc in Information Systems
Faculty of Business and Economics
MSc in Criminal Analysis
Faculty of Law, Criminal Sciences and Public Administration
MSc in Management
Faculty of Business and Economics
Cost of Studying at University of Lausanne
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The University of Lausanne
CHF 150 - CHF 217
How to Apply at University of Lausanne
- The students can apply online.
- Fill out the application form
- Fill in the personal details
- Review the application
- Pay the application fees
- Submit the application
Note: The HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne application cost is CHF 150 - CHF 217( INR 11,972-17,320).
Documents Required to Apply to University of Lausanne
The requirements for admission vary according to the department; all the HEC Lausanne, University Of Lausanne International students must submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Resume or CV
- University transcript
- Certificate from the university confirming academic recognition of one semester.
Exams Accepted By University of Lausanne
For admission, specific HEC Lausanne, University Of Lausanne requirements must be met:
English Proficiency Requirements
Students seeking HEC Lausanne, University Of Lausanne admission must score the following on the English Proficiency Test:
English Proficiency Test
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The University of Lausanne
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Students University of Lausanne
Premium Yocketer profiles
Sustainability foundations and practices
Ajai V GeorgeShortlisted
Accounting, Control and Finance
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
Alumni at University of Lausanne
The university has a global alumni network of 10,000 alumni, including Jacques de Watteville(Chairman of BCV),Andre Borschberg(Professional Pilot and Co-Founder and CEO of Solar Impulse) and Claude Beagle(CEO & Executive Chairman of Symbioswiss).
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Reviews for University of Lausanne
1. What is the duration of Ph.D at HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne?
The Ph.D. lasts no less than six semesters and no more than ten semesters.
2. Is it possible to have a part-time job during doctoral studies at HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne?
Yes, it is possible but challenging since it is a full-time programme, and one needs to spend around 20 hours per week on the agenda.
3. What is the cost of studying at HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne?
The HEC Lausanne, University Of Lausanne tuition fee is 1,072.53 CHF( INR 85,607.94)
4. What GPA is required to get into HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne?
HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne GPA requirement is 2.0.
5. What is the HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne rankings?
The master's degree in Management is ranked 19 in the global rankings of the new Financial Times.