Besides being declared the No.1 university in Japan for the past two years consecutively by The Times Higher Education and maintaining its outstanding standards, there are several other reasons to study at Tohoku University.
- OPEN INSTITUTION Ever since the beginning of the times, Tohoku University has adhered to its "open-door policy," which means that anyone and everyone, irrespective of their nationality, gender, or any other such discrimination, can study and carry out research here. Over 2,000 international students from over 80 odd nations come to study every year at this university. It lays strict emphasis on openness, freedom, and equality.
- CUTTING-EDGE RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIES It has also maintained its "Research first policy" since its establishment in 1907. It has laid down exceptional standards in Japan for education and research and is the leading University in Japan. This University has made exceptional enhancements in its research technologies and has actively participated in international academic networks. A recent survey ranked this university 12th in physics, 28th in chemistry, 51st in engineering, and 6th in materials science.
- STUDY ENVIRONMENT is another notable aspect of this University. There are about 18,000 students enrolled in 10 UG and 16 Graduate schools, and the ratio of students to faculty members is 6:1, which is quite attractive.
- Tohoku University's world rankings encourage students to take admissions.
Besides these, there are other reasons like:
- SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY ROLE
- STUDENT SUPPORT
- GREEN CITY LIFE, and
- RECONSTRUCTION ACTION