- It is categorized as one of the "R2: Doctoral Universities - High Research Activity" institutions and is one of the original eight "Public Ivy" universities in the United States.
- The University of Vermont Medical Center, which has its main facility on the UVM campus and is connected to the Robert Larner College of Medicine, is the largest hospital complex in Vermont.
- Out of the well-known 650 private and public colleges and universities in America, UVM is ranked 168th on Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" list for 2019. It is also ranked 48th among "Public Colleges" and 91st among "Research Universities."
- The University of Vermont scholarships are also available for deserving students through aid and grants.
The University of Vermont
Vermont, United States
Established in 1791
Established in 1791
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with 110+ similar aspirants!
The University of Vermont (often abbreviated as UVM) is a reputed public land-grant research institution in Burlington, Vermont. It was the fifth higher education institution to be formed in the New England region of the American northeast when it was founded in 1791, making it one of the oldest universities in the country.
The University of Vermont Courses include an M.D. program, more than 100 bachelor's degree programs, 35 master's degree programs, 26 doctoral degree programs, and four pre-professional options in pre-med, pre-dental, pre-law, and pre-vat.
Top Reasons to Study in the The University of Vermont
Cost of Studying at The University of Vermont
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The The University of Vermont
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The The University of Vermont
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$60 - $65
How to Apply at The University of Vermont
The University of Vermont International students can submit an online application form on the university website.
To get started with The University of Vermont admission process, Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's website
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
- Pay the application fee
Note: The The University of Vermont application fee is 55 USD (4,390 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to The University of Vermont
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Two original passport photos
- Statement of Purpose
- Finacial Support Documents
Exams Accepted By the University
The University of Vermont eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should review the course prerequisites before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Ajay Kumar Reddy Pisati
Civil and Environmental Engineering
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
The alumni network at University of Vermont is extensive. Some of the names of the notable alumni of University of Vermont are:
- John Dewey - Philosopher, psychologist, and educational reformer
- William A. Wheeler - 19th Vice President of the United States
- Phil Scott - Current Governor of Vermont
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
5 months ago
9 months ago
6 years ago
8 years ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
For transportation to and from the Burlington International Airport, Amtrak (Essex Junction), and the Burlington Transit Center, UVM provides free shuttles.
Under the Transportation Center connector bridge, the university bus picks up and drops off passengers on the south side of the street between John and State Street.
The university campus spans over 460 acres, which makes it fairly sizable.
Services offered by the university
The University of Vermont campus provides facilities that are thought to be favorable to learning.
- The campus has excellent facilities, including large study centers, multimedia centers, modern lecture halls, high-tech laboratories, IT facilities, and ample social areas.
- In addition to late-night escort/pickup services, the institution maintains 24-hour emergency telephone lines as part of its work on safety measures inside the university's boundaries.
- To maintain a safe atmosphere inside the college, the institution also supplies police cars that are available around the clock.
- Common amenities like computer access, study rooms, and a complete library are available on the campus
- On-campus, students have access to all the facilities they need.
- Nearly 210 campus groups at this university track the interests of different students in areas like athletics and the arts.
- At The University of Vermont, students can participate in various cultural events. They can also join a variety of student organizations based on their interests.
On campus accomodation
The university offers students economical on-campus housing.
On-Campus Accommodation Description:
- On the university's four campuses, which comprise nine residence halls, roughly 5,700 students live there.
- The University of Vermont also offers housing options for students, including single, double, and triple occupancy rooms.
- Nearly 51% of the students at this university choose to live on campus and use the facilities for housing that the university offers. While the remaining 49% of students opt to live off-campus in a location close to the university's main campus.
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:16
University Faculty Stats
There is a total of 85 faculty members at the university. The student-to-faculty ratio at the university is 16:1. Professors at the institution are gifted and informed experts who collaborate with students to help them achieve their goals.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
There are roughly 1,200 full-time faculty academics at the University of Vermont. Our academic members actively pursue significant research, scholarship, and the creative arts every day, in fields ranging from biomedical research to philosophy, from big data analysis to musical composition. Our objective is still to use what we learn or find in school to create ideas that advance all parts of society.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The University of Vermont Medical Center enables students to explore a range of career choices in healthcare by providing paid and unpaid nonclinical internships as needed. Students can gain pre-professional experience at the entry-level during internships during the school year and summer.
Students can gain pre-professional experience at the entry-level during internships during the school year and summer. The UVM Medical Center aims to continuously direct students toward more responsibility and educational possibilities during these internships.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
After graduation, University of Vermont students are placed at various reputed organizations and receive good salary packages. The annual salary after graduation is 58,245 USD (46,42,965 INR).
1. What is The University of Vermont acceptance rate?
The University of Vermont acceptance rate is 71.3% and has a competitive admission process.
2. What is the minimum GPA required to study at The University of Vermont?
The University of Vermont GPA requirement is 3.66 GPA in order to get admission.
3. Is the University of Vermont an elite institution?
The University of Vermont is once again among the top universities in the country, according to The Princeton Review. In the 2021 edition of its yearly directory, The Best 386 Colleges, the education services corporation profiles and suggests UVM.
4. Is the University of Vermont an LGBTQ University?
A recent assessment from Campus Pride places the University of Vermont among the "Best Colleges for LGBTQ Students" in the Northeast. The University of Vermont was selected as the most LGBTQ-friendly college in Vermont by Campus Pride.
5. What are the University of Vermont Tuition Fees?
The the University of Vermont tuition fees is around 43,950 USD (35,03,320 INR) annually.