- The University hosts more than 13,000 undergraduate students
- The University hosts more than 1000 graduate students
- The University’s online criminal justice program has earned a rank in the top 50 programs in the nation
- Around 2000 degrees are awarded annually
- The students have access to more than 40 undergraduate and more than 20 graduate degree programs
- The University has been ranked as a Tier 1 institution for career planning by Educate to Career.
- The University provides undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and online programs and various minors.
Southeastern Louisiana University
Average Living Expenses
The state's third largest public University, Southeastern Louisiana University, boasts nearly 15,000 students annually, having access to more than 150-degree programs. Established in 1925, the University is one of those universities that offers 16 NCAA Division I athletic programs where the students compete in the Southland Conference.
The courses range in various levels related to undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels, and the campus is spread across 365 acres. Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Southeastern is one of the safest campuses in the region.
Top Reasons to Study in the Southeastern Louisiana University
Masters in Business Administration
College of Business
Will you get in?
Masters in Biology
College of Science and Technology
Will you get in?
Masters in Education
College of Education
Will you get in?
Cost of Studying at Southeastern Louisiana University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Southeastern Louisiana University
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
$20 - $30
How to Apply at Southeastern Louisiana University
- Apply through the online portal of the college
- Submit the application
- Submit the supporting Documents
- Submit the Test Scores
- Wait for the result of the admission
Documents Required to Apply to Southeastern Louisiana University
- Transcripts and Official Records
- GRE/GMAT Scores
- Proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, meningitis, and more.
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- Passport Copy
- Financial Statement of Support
- Letter of Recommendations
Exams Accepted By the University
The university provides admissions to various types of courses, including Beginning Freshmen, Transfer, and Returning Students. The university accepts below-average students as well, with a GPA of 3.31. The students must submit either SAT or ACT Scores. Along with the SAT Scores, the university also considers the SAT Essay/ACT Writing Section, which is optional for many colleges but is a compulsory requirement for admission to Southeastern Louisiana University.
English Language Requirements
TOEFL Paper Based
TOEFL Computer Based
TOEFL Paper Based (For MBA)
TOEFL Computer Based (For MBA)
TOEFL iBT (For MBA)
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Southeastern Louisiana University
More rankings for this university
Southeastern Louisiana University is ranked among the top universities for international students in Lousiana, United States. This university provides quality education and amazing career and learning opportunities. Next are its top international and national rankings by various reputed platforms.
- As per Times Higher Education US College Rankings 2022, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks >600th.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #1841 in the World.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #530 in North America.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #482 in the United States.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #8 in Louisiana.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #645 in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #658 in the Early Childhood Education List.
- As per Edurank, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #690 for Tax Law.
- As per the US News Ranking 2022-2023, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #94 in the Regional Universities South list.
- As per the US News Ranking 2022-2023, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #100 in the Top Performers on the Social Mobility list.
- As per the US News Ranking 2022-2023, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #45 in the Top Public Schools list.
- As per the US News Ranking 2022-2023, Southeastern Louisiana University ranks #247 in the Nursing list.
- As per Niche Rankings 2023, the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse ranks #35 in the Best Colleges in Food in America List.
- As per Niche Rankings 2023, the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse ranks #154 in the Best College Campuses in America List.
- As per Niche Rankings 2023, the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse ranks #271 in the Best College Atheletics in America List.
Premium Yocketer profiles
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
The University’s alumni club hosts more than 75,000 members globally. With Southeastern Connect, the recent graduates and the current students can be a part of a community that lasts lifelong.
Some of the notable alumni of Southeastern Louisiana University are:-
- Robin Roberts (American Broadcaster)
- Bill Evans (American Jazz Pianist)
- Barbara Forrest (Professor)
- James Joseph Brady (American Judge), and many more.
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
Number of campuses the university has
Services offered by the university
- The University offers 16 NCAA Div I Sports.
- The United States Department of Education supports the University’s Student Support Services.
- Students can access counseling for academic, career, personal, graduate school, and financial aid.
- The Student Government Association serves the students by creating an active community at the university by hosting various educational and social events.
- The Office of the Career Services provides the students and recent graduates with assistance in getting jobs and internships and provides professional career advice, including various workshops, job fairs, and career fairs.
- The Office of Student Accessibility Services also provides support related to accommodation and degrees to specially-abled students.
- The Southeastern’s Louisiana University Student Employment Network provides the students with various career planning resources, career counseling services, on and off-campus employment opportunities, and many more.
- The University has a library that gives access to online, offline, and various journals.
- More than 2000 students live on campus.
- The University has more than 100 student organizations on campus.
- The University has 18 Greek Organizations.
- The University has a Multicultural and international student affairs office that helps international students with diversity and inclusion.
- The Office of Student Publications is responsible for planning, writing, designing, and producing various publications at the University.
On campus accomodation
The university provides on-campus housing facilities to national and international students. The entire residential community is of around 2700 students in 13 residence halls.
Students have various on-campus living options from residential halls, southeastern oaks, and the village. All the residence halls are divided according to the profile of the students. The average rent per semester ranges from $2500 to $4500, (2,00,000 to 3,30,000 INR) depending on the room type.
- The Ascension Hall is coed, houses around 200 students, and is only for Southeaster’s Honors Program Students.
- The Hammond Hall, St. Tammany Hall, Tangipahoa Hall, Taylor Hall, and Washington Hall are coed and can house around 1000 students combined.
- The Pride Hall is only for women.
- The Livingstone and Louisiana Halls are coed and are only for students who have 23 in ACT or a 3.0 GPA for returning students.
Jobs and Opportunities