- Regarding overall student satisfaction with their courses, numerous topic areas at SHU did very well in the National Student Survey. For instance, geography and architecture came in the first place, and planning came in second.
- In the 2015 People & Planet University League, a Sheffield Hallam University ranking of 151 universities based on their environmental credentials, Hallam won a First Class designation and was rated 15th overall out of 151 institutions.
- With 30,960 students, the institution ranks as the 14th-largest in the UK (out of 169).
- The possibilities you seize during your time here will prepare you for the rest of your life, whether you work with businesses, volunteer in the community, or pick up a lacrosse stick for the first time.
- Sheffield Hallam University scholarships are also available for deserving students in the form of aid and grants.
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Established in 1992
Established in 1992
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Public research university Sheffield Hallam University, usually known as SHU, the Sheffield Hallam Universities address is Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. The Sheffield Hallam University has two campuses: the City Campus is in the heart of Sheffield, close to the train station, and the Collegiate Crescent Campus is about two miles away in south-west Sheffield, in the Broomhall Estate off Ecclesall Road. The Sheffield Hallam University Courses include 658 undergraduate, graduate, and short programs offered through part-time, full-time, and distance study in various fields.
Top Reasons to Study in the Sheffield Hallam University
Cost of Studying at Sheffield Hallam University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Sheffield Hallam University
US World and News Report
Admissions at The Sheffield Hallam University
£22 - £25
How to Apply at Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University International students can submit an online application form via the university website. To get started with the Sheffield Hallam University admission process, the steps below must be followed by applicants to finish their Sheffield Hallam University Application fees:
- Apply online at the university's website
- Complete all the necessary requirements for the program you want to apply to
- Review your application, then upload the required documents
- Complete the payment of Sheffield Hallam University Fees
Note: The Sheffield Hallam University application fee is 20 GBP (1,923 INR).
Documents Required to Apply to Sheffield Hallam University
- Proof of financial support
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Resume or CV
- Two original passport photos
Exams Accepted By the University
Sheffield Hallam University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course prerequisites before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
4 months ago
5 months ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
All overseas Sheffield Hallam students flying into Manchester Airport can take advantage of a complimentary airport pickup service. You can take a bus directly for reaching the Collegiate Campus from any of the interchanges between Sheffield and other cities.
Services offered by the university
The Sheffield Hallam University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favorable to learning.
- Students have access to approximately 4,000 computers in learning centres, research facilities, seminar rooms, teaching rooms, dining outlets, and other sites throughout the campus thanks to an annual Sheffield Hallam University cost of living expenditure is 4 million GBP in IT infrastructure.
- With complete Wi-Fi connectivity across the whole campus, students can access a variety of specialised IT facilities and the school's services from wherever on campus.
- There are 70 classrooms that have amenities like visualizers, interactive whiteboards, data projection, sound systems, iPads, tablets, laptops, voting machines, and more.
- At Sheffield Hallam University, distant learning is made simple through the online library and virtual classrooms.
- The biggest PlayStation in the world is housed in the school thanks to a collaboration with the well-known IT corporation Sony.
The two campuses that contain Sheffield Hallam University are the Collegiate Campus on Ecclesall Road, which is close to the city centre and the City Campus, which is near the train and bus stations in Sheffield.
With more than 30 sports clubs, 100 student-run organisations, a students' union, etc., the campus is typically buzzing with academic, political, religious, social, musical, and sporting events.
On campus accomodation
At the school's designated student housing facilities, first-year students are assured housing.
- University Halls and Private Sector Housing are the two housing options offered to Sheffield Hallam University students.
- Over 30 university residence halls are situated 30 minutes' walk from the campus.
- Every student's needs and preferences, from social to medical, are taken into account while designing the rooms at the university residence halls.
- For postgraduate, care leaver, and senior students, the university halls also offer flats with amenities and conveniences.
Research opportunities at university
With a strong international reputation in important research fields like materials science, sports science and engineering, biomedicine, art and design, and economic and social research, we are one of the top new institutions in the UK for research.
The Uiversity Research Centres are:
- Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre
- Biomolecular Sciences Research Centre
- Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research
- Centre for Science Education
- Centre for Sport and Exercise Science
- Design Futures Centre for Industrial Collaboration
- Hallam Centre for Community Justice
- Centre for Education and Inclusion Research
- Centre for Health and Social Care Research
- Centre for Sports Engineering Research
- Humanities Research Centre
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The university's career services division provides services including drafting resumes, interview practise, career planning, skill building, networking, etc. Additionally, it aids students' entrepreneurial endeavours by providing start-up guidance, workshops, networking opportunities, etc.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
Due to its connections with more than a thousand firms, Sheffield Hallam University presents the chance for successful work in the United Kingdom following graduation. Every year, the university puts more than 23,000 students, and 73% of them land jobs in highly skilled fields paying above average wages. The average salary of a graduate from Sheffield Hallam University is 28,867 GBP (27,60,250 INR).
1. What are the possibilities for Sheffield Hallam University's Masters in International Business Management course?
One of the most popular courses at Sheffield Hallam University is an MSc in International Business Management. Due to the university's exceptional placement rate, there is a great chance for success following graduation.
2. What position does Sheffield Hallam University have globally?
The World University Ranking published by Times Higher Education places Sheffield Hallam University world ranking is between 801st and 1000th.
3. What is the minimum GPA required to study at Sheffield Hallam University?
The minimum Sheffield Hallam University GPA requirement is 3.0 GPA on a scale on 5 in order to get admission.
4. What is the Sheffield Hallam University acceptance rate?
The Sheffield Hallam University acceptance rate is 43%. The university has a selective admission procedure.
5. What are the Sheffield Hallam University Tuition Fees?
The Sheffield Hallam University tuition fees is around 15,965 GBP (15,26,900 INR) annually.