- As of 2021, alumni and professors from Sorbonne University had received 33 Nobel Prizes, six Fields Medals, and one Turing Award, making it one of the most distinguished universities in Europe and the entire globe.
- The university has consistently been the most well-liked and sought-after institution, as evidenced by its ranking as the top institution among Best Global Universities in France according to US News and World Report.
- According to the QS Top Universities Ranks, 2021, Sorbonne University was ranked #141–150 and has had a surge in rankings for employability in recent years.
- Sorbonne University scholarships are also available for deserving students in the form of aid and grants.
Established in 2018
Established in 2018
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Sorbonne University is a popular research institution situated in Paris, France. Robert de Sorbon founded Sorbonne College in 1257 as a member of the medieval University of Paris, beginning the history of the organization.
There are now 43,585 students enrolled in various programs at the university. 8,687 students, or 20 percent of all enrolled students, are from other countries. The Sorbonne University Courses are offered via the College of Medicine, College of Science and Engineering, and College of Letters. Both English and French are available for the programs. International students can now enroll in a few multidisciplinary programs at the institution, including dual-degree or bi-disciplinary bachelor's programs.
Top Reasons to Study in the Sorbonne University
Cost of Studying at Sorbonne University
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Rankings for The Sorbonne University
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Sorbonne University
How to Apply at Sorbonne University
Sorbonne University International students can submit an online application form via UCAS Portal or on the university website.
To get started with the Sorbonne University admission process, Applicants must follow the following steps to complete their application:
- Apply online through the university's website
- Fill out all the required information for the program you want to enroll in
- Review your application and upload the necessary documents
Note: The Sorbonne University application fee is 92 EUR (7,603 INR)
Documents Required to Apply to Sorbonne University
- Complete application form
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Copy of Passport
- Two original passport photos
Exams Accepted By the University
Sorbonne University eligibility requirements for enrollment may vary. Therefore, candidates should carefully review the course requirements before beginning the application process.
Minimum Score Required
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
MS in Computer Science- Quantum information
Masters in Engineering Sciences
Masters in Chemistry
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The Sorbonne University itself does not provide any transportation services; however, the most affordable and easiest way to reach the university is by using public transit services, such as buses, cabs, or taxis.
Services offered by the university
The Sorbonne University campus provides facilities that are thought to be favorable to learning.
- There are 4 academic institutes and a total of 10 academic departments within the institution. There are numerous conference venues that may be rented
- The campus features many different social areas, sizable study spaces, an auditorium, modern classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, and IT capabilities.
- In addition to the schools and institutions, the property also has student housing. On-campus, kids have access to all the facilities they need.
The original campus of Sorbonne University is located in the Latin Quarter's historic central Sorbonne structure. The Sorbonne University is located in a relatively accessible location in the middle of France.
- The Sorbonne University is home to 150 student organizations. They provide a venue for students to interact, energize their school, and discuss their interests.
- Over 80 different sports, including tennis and volleyball, as well as lessons and activities for people with disabilities, are available all year long.
- The Sorbonne University athletics association is another opportunity for students to participate. The French University Sports Federation has approved it.
Check: Education System in France
On campus accomodation
There is no on-campus accommodation at Sorbonne University. It provides a platform for renting out student residences, private homes, or shared apartments online.
- When exchange students arrive at Sorbonne University, they often stay in the Paris Crous Accommodation.
- E Cité internationale universitaire de Paris is a residence for exchange students.
Suggested: Cost of Studying in France
University Faculty Stats
There are a total of 6400 academic staff members and 3600 academic staff members at the university. The School has talented and skilled professors who collaborate with students to help them achieve excellence.
Research opportunities at university
The Sorbonne University has created many research programs that aim to bolster or explore new fields of study in order to increase the influence of its research infrastructures on a global scale. Four new academic seats were created to represent this creative cross-disciplinary strategy.
The Sorbonne University is one of 23 European universities that make up the League of European Research Universities, including Cambridge and Oxford.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
The Sorbonne University assists students in locating internships and developing career plans based on their education and talents. Additionally, it provides guidance on a variety of on- and off-campus activities as well as recommended career paths and professions for various majors.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
The Sorbonne University received an employability ranking of #63 from Times Higher Education. After graduation, the Sorbonne University students are placed at various reputed organizations and receive good salary packages.
15-21 Rue de l'École de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France