- World-renowned conservatory of music
- Top-ranked liberal arts college
- Oberlin graduates have been extremely successful
- College is home to many undergraduate scientists
Oberlin College and Conservatory
Average Living Expenses
Oberlin College is a private college for liberal arts and conservative of music in Ohio, Oberlin. It is one of the oldest co-educational liberal art colleges in the United States, eastablised in the year 1833, which is continuously operating for higher learning in the world and has one of the oldest cooperative music conservatories in the United States. The place has intense energy and creativity as a foundation for its academic and musical excellence.
Oblerin House of Music was always the part of Ethiopian perfectionist enthusiasm that was established in 1830 for the country and was later carried by colonists as a full-fledge college by 1833.
It is one of the most experimental colleges that promotes students or interested people to study with a limited amount of college credits.
The College of Arts and Science offers over 50 majors, minors and concentrations to students and it is the liminal space to the world's first undergraduate neuroscience program.
Top Reasons to Study in the Oberlin College and Conservatory
Cost of Studying at Oberlin College and Conservatory
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Admissions at The Oberlin College and Conservatory
How to Apply at Oberlin College and Conservatory
- Applications should be submitted online. The link of the form is on the university portal.
- Fill on your credentials and upload the supporting documents.
- Pay the application fees.
- After screening, students will be notified about their selection.
Documents Required to Apply to Oberlin College and Conservatory
The required documents for undergraduate 1st year applicants includes a long list of material like
- Essay questions
- Secondary school report
- High school transcript
- Teacher evaluation
- Art supplement
- SAT and ACT test results
- Other valid documents and several others involved for international students like passport, birth certificate etc.
After the rigorous exam and selection process every appearing candidate has to go through some interview questions carried out by the university to test valuable brief sides of students besides their academic qualifications.
Exams Accepted By Oberlin College and Conservatory
Oberlin is a highly competitive school to get in and is quite selective to take admissions with a lesser chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants with its acceptance rate of approximately 36%.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
Rankings for The Oberlin College and Conservatory
More rankings for this university
Oberlin College is ranked among the top universities for international students in Ohio, United States. This university provides quality education and amazing career and learning opportunities. Next are its top international and national rankings by various reputed platforms.
- As per the Times Higher Education US College Rankings 2022, the Oberlin College ranking is #112.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, the Oberlin College ranking is #39 in the National Liberal Arts Colleges list.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, the Oberlin College ranking is #41 in the Best Undergraduate Teachings list.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, the Oberlin College ranking is #78 in the Best Value Schools list.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, Oberlin College ranking is #16 in the Most Innovative Schools list.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, the Oberlin College ranking is #190 in the Top Performers on the Social Mobility list.
- As per the US News Rankings 2022-2023, the Oberlin College ranking is #15 in the Writing in Disciplines list.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #22 among the Best Colleges for Music in America.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #35 among the Best Colleges with No Application Fee in America.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #55 among the Best Liberal Arts Colleges in America.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #56 among the Best Colleges for Global Studies in America.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #62 among the Colleges with the Best Professors in America.
- As per Niche, Southern Adventist University ranks #69 among the Best Colleges for English in America.
Students Oberlin College and Conservatory
Premium Yocketer profiles
Contemporary Chamber Music
Contemporary Chamber Music
Contemporary Chamber Music
Contemporary Chamber Music
Alumni at Oberlin College and Conservatory
Oberlin College and its alumni are always in touch for the betterment of the newly admitted students. The official website of the college consists of the information of several alumni that are always available to help and support the students in their time of need. Some of the alumni are mention below:
- H. Kung (1906) banker and Premier in China
- Alex Blumberg (1989), producer of the “This American Life”
- Ishmael Beah (2004), author of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
- Franz Wright (1977), Pulitzer Prize winner (poet of Walking to Martha's Vineyard)
- Alexander Whybrow (2003), professional wrestler
Meet Our Counsellors
We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!
Reviews for Oberlin College and Conservatory
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The most widely used means of transportation in the city is buses. However, some of the nearby stops that make it more convenient to reach the college include Dascomb Hall, Johnson House Diner, Allen Memorial Art Museum, Crozier's bar, and Mercy Health hospital. Moreover, the students are required to carry their passports or school identity all the time with them while traveling.
Services offered by the university
Several programs and services are provided to every student present in the University campus to protect their personal life and assist them with whatever concern or need they may have from financial to medical academic to social or much more.
Academic, safety and wellness program
- Center for student success
- Student help and resource exchange
- Pear advising leader program
- SOAR (sophomore opportunities and academic resources)
- Campus safety
- Counseling center
- Student health services
- Social and personal
Development sector services
- Career development center
- Office of student leadership and involvement
- Clubs and organizations
- Conference services
Student life at Oberlin College and Conservatory
The university is known for its musical performances, and in general its education in other fields of information science general science and literature but the students most commonly do in townships during summer and can arrange their part-time townships during semesters where they are mentored on research papers from both on and off campus every year. With a great influence of friendly staff and faculty, the student feels comfortable and convenient on campus.
On campus accomodation at Oberlin College and Conservatory
Oberlin University has a vibrant campus community full of opportunities that can be explored and an environment that prioritizes education and inclusion with a basic aim to connect and learn as much as possible. The residential campus has a traditional residence hall that creates an opportunity to learn from your peers, colleagues, and friends, which helps them to develop as strong and intellectual individuals. The university has an impressive array of activities, including student clubs and organizations, athletics and museums, and the art gallery.
Oberlin College provides tremendous on-campus accommodation. It includes Co-ops, theme living, village housing as well as certain residential apartments and traditional houses. Moreover, Oberlin College distinguishes between the first-year residential experience so as to make them feel more comfortable. The Fyre residence is meant for these first-year students. The average expense of living is evaluated to be around $4000 (INR 3 Lakhs).
Jobs and Opportunities