- ECL has Partnerships with more than 100 universities all over the world and more than 180 partnership agreements with universities
- Ecole Centrale de Lyon scholarships include Charak scholarship for Indian students, merit grants, and more, ECL has 25% of the international students body at its campus.
École Centrale de Lyon
École Centrale de Lyon
Established in 1857
Established in 1857
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Established in 1831, the Ecole Centrale de Lyon is a public university in the heart of the city of Lyon, France. Ecole Centrale de Lyon courses include degrees in various fields of medical sciences, engineering, and information technology. The university has two other campuses in Paris and Strasbourg. Ecole Centrale de Lyon is affiliated with Centrale Graduate schools and Time. It is also part of Grandes Écoles. Ecole Centrale de Lyon has a 25 percent international student body from 90 countries, with 15 percent from Asia and Africa. ECL has 6 major research units around the campus. It is one of the top 200 institutions in the world recognised for its Mechanical engineering program.
Top Reasons to Study in the École Centrale de Lyon
Cost of Studying at École Centrale de Lyon
Average tuition fee
Availed education loan
Loan amount sanctioned
Assistance for loan process
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Rankings for The École Centrale de Lyon
US World and News Report
The World University Rankings
Admissions at The École Centrale de Lyon
How to Apply at École Centrale de Lyon
Ecole Centrale de Lyon admission for international students have following process:
- Apply through https://www.inde.campusfrance.org/
- Fill in all the details
- Choose course of interest
- Connect with course advisor
- Wait for confirmation
Note:Ecole Centrale de Lyon application fees is 0
Documents Required to Apply to École Centrale de Lyon
École Centrale de Lyon international students require following document during the time of registration:
- Identity card or passport
- Academic records
- Certificate of payment (ept for students on a professionalization contract or exchange
- students who are not enrolled in a DESECL or Master's
- Transcripts in english or French
- Proof of scholarship/grant
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Motivation/Cover letter
Exams Accepted By the University
Ecole Centrale de Lyon admission in bachelor courses requires English proficiency proof in one of the tests.
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
MS in Aerospace Engineering
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
The nearest airport to École Centrale De Lyon is Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport which is 35 km away from campus. You can reach campus via bus or taxi via the Bd Périphérique route.
Bus and shuttles are also available in the city.
Services offered by the university
- The Ecole Centrale de Lyon campus includes academic buildings, residence halls, sports facilities, recreation centers, and dining.
- There are gyms, climbing walls, weight rooms, tennis courts, stadiums, and rugby and football fields among the university's sporting amenities.
- The Campus has a one-of-a-kind student center that includes table football, table tennis, bean bag tables, and other amenities.
The Ecole Centrale de Lyon campus is spread across 18 hectares in Lyon's metropolitan city lush green area in France.
- University offers a variety of clubs and societies for students to join, like the Trekking Club, Challenge, BDS, Piston Ski Club, Mountain Club, and others.
- Universities also feature dining halls, gyms, and recreation centers for students to use when they have free time.
- A unique area called the student center has a bar managed by students that serves drinks and snacks.
On campus accomodation
On campus accommodation is available at École Centrale de Lyon
- École Centrale de Lyon two residence hall are Paul Comparat résidence and Paul-Emile Victor residence.
- On campus residence at École Centrale de Lyon have facilities to provide accommodation to 643 students.
- The average monthly cost of living while attending Lyon school is 2000 EUR.
University Faculty Stats
The male to female ratio of the École Centrale de Lyon is 25:75. The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1. There are a total of 2,088 students with 24% of École Centrale de Lyon international students.
Research opportunities at university
Ecole Centrale De Lyon has over 6 research laboratories on campus: Laboratory of Tribology and System Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Acoustics Laboratory, Ampère Laboratory, Lyon Institute of Nanotechnology, Camille Jordan Institute, Computer Science Laboratory for Image Processing and Information Systems, and Laboratories of Excellence. The ECL has about 140 lecturer-researchers and more than 300 doctoral students.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
There are a variety of internship opportunities available to students at the École Centrale de Lyon during the summer and spring semesters. By participating in such opportunities, students are able to develop their skills as well as gain industry experience.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
An average salary of Ecole Centrale de Lyon is 40,700 EUR (33,17,546 INR) according to a recent survey by ECL alumni association.
36 Av. Guy de Collongue, 69134 Écully, France