University Type


University Type

Average Living Expenses


Average Living Expenses

Established in 1929, Eastern Oregon University has displayed overwhelming results in career opportunities and education. The University offers 37 degrees, and the total student enrollment is around 3,741. The University offers 23 majors, 31 minors, seven partnership programmes among minors, and four partnership programmes among majors, including four graduate programmes across four different schools under the University's wing.

The University is located in La Grande, in the heart of the Blue Mountain range between Oregon, Portman, Bois, and Idaho, just off Interstate 84. The campus size of the University is 700,000 sq.ft. and has 26 buildings. The University offers majors in traditional fields of Science, Arts, Business, and Education. The Eastern Oregon University's acceptance rate is 94%.

Top Reasons to Study in the Eastern Oregon University

The Eastern Oregon University has earned national recognition as a "College of Distinction" for 2016 to 2017. The most popular pursued programmes at Eastern Oregon University are Business and related programs, followed by Parks & Recreation, Fitness Studies, and Leisure & fitness studies. 

  • The University receives applications from over 1000 applicants at the undergraduate level, and the university has an acceptance rate of 98%.
  • The University has 62% of the undergraduate students as full-time students, while the remaining 38% are part-time attendees. 63% of the students of the University are in-state residents, while the remaining 37% are out-of-state residents. The University offers various research and exchange programmes to the students to help them gain experience in the outside world.
  • More than 11.3 million in scholarships and grants are awarded annually to the Eastern Oregon University, and 91% of students receive Eastern Oregon University financial aid, including scholarships, remissions, grants, and loans. The Eastern Oregon university scholarships available to the students include EOU International Cultural Service Award USD 2443 (INR 1,91,188) and The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund and EOU International Award USD 2443. 


Cost of Studying at Eastern Oregon University

Average tuition fee


0 Cost, 100% Coverage, Quick Funds
Just fill in your preferences ad to-do! Reach the best loan offer with Loan Finder

5000+ Students

Availed education loan

3000+ Cr

Loan amount sanctioned

100% Free

Assistance for loan process

Living expenses

Average living expenses (Bachelors)


Average living expenses (Masters)


Average on-campus living expenses


Admissions at The Eastern Oregon University

college finder

College Finder

Know universities that fit you best!

Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!

Students Eastern Oregon University


Yocketers interested

Premium Yocketer profiles

Sawai Singh Panwar

Sawai Singh Panwar



Fall 2024

K Yashwanth

K Yashwanth


Sustainable Energy

Summer 2023

Adnan Shoyeb

Adnan Shoyeb



Fall 2024

Samikshya Gaire

Samikshya Gaire


Nutrition and Dietetics

Fall 2026

International Students

% of international students in the university


Total International Students in the university


Alumni at Eastern Oregon University

The University has a wide network of notable alumni. Some of the notable alumni of the University are Fouad Ajami (Middle East expert and political advisor), Jack Billingsley ( NFL football player), and Tyrone Gross ( Former NFL football player).

Yocket’s Counsel

Meet Our Counsellors

We got a team of 50+ experienced counsellors ready to help you!

Reviews for Eastern Oregon University

Faculty Information

University Faculty:Student Ratio


University Faculty Stats

The student-to-faculty ratio at Eastern Oregon University is 17:1. The University has 131 faculty members and researchers in their respective fields.

Jobs and Opportunities


1. What is Eastern Oregon University known for?
The University is known as a centre of education, culture, and scholarship in rural areas of Oregon.

2. What is the GPA required to get into Eastern Oregon University?
The Eastern Oregon University GPA requirement is 2.75 

3. How much does Eastern Oregon University cost?
The average cost of Eastern Oregon University is USD 23525 ( INR 18,40,459).

4. Are the GRE or GMAT scores required to study at Eastern Oregon University?
Students are usually not required to submit the GRE or GMAT scores. If the student has a GPA below 3.0 while applying to the MBA program, he must submit the GMAT score.

5. When should the international student apply for the MAT programme at Eastern Oregon University?
The student should submit all the application documents within March 1 of the intended programme year.