Pursuing your academics in Australia enables you to invest a huge sum. The academic investment will change accordingly based on the university and course choice. While you, as a student, will arrange for sufficient funds to survive in this country, there is another way for you to earn some extra income to sustain yourself longer in this country financially.
Working while studying in Australia has made it easy for international students to earn extra experience and income to enhance their stay here. There are multiple part time jobs for international students to choose from based on their interests. If you wish to earn an extra income in Australia as well, this blog covers everything you need to know about the best part time jobs for international students in Australia.
Benefits Of Working While Studying In Australia
There are many reasons why part time jobs in Sydney for international students or other cities are in demand. Working while studying provides multiple benefits for any international student. We have covered the top perks below:
- Covers expenses- You will have to cater to multiple costs when staying in a country such as Australia, including the cost of studying, living costs, healthcare and other essential costs. In such cases, having an extra income reduces the burden of spending on such expenditures.
- Makes you independent- While staying away from home, most international students find it difficult initially to be independent. Working while studying enables students to understand how to multi-task, what real working life looks like, etc.
- Learn about budgeting- Having a good knowledge about monetary expenses and budgeting can help students understand from the beginning how savings can help them. With the extra income, students can pay bills and understand how they can manage their expenses on a budget.
- Prepares you for the real-world- Lastly, work helps students develop the skills and knowledge on how to work and lead their personal life. This helps them to tackle work challenges and find ways to reduce stress to sustain themselves at their respective jobs.
Types Of Part Time Work in Australia For International Students
There are multiple part time job Adelaide for international student to find here and in other cities. To name the popular types of part time work available are:
- Sales Representative
- Freelancer, etc
Suggested:Work opportunities in Australia
How To Find Best Part Time Jobs In Australia For International Students?
There are multiple ways to find part time job Adelaide for international students here and in other cities. The popular mediums are:
- Job Portals
- University Pages
There are multiple job portals available where international students can easily find a part time job in Australia. The popular ones are Linkedin, Adzuna, GumTree, CareerJet, etc.
Most of your friends will already be associated with part-time jobs. They can also share any openings or recommend your name to their current employer. Enquire around, and you can avail yourself of a part-time job.
Most universities offer on-campus jobs as well. It is better to be alerted to job openings from the official website, tutors, etc.
It is always better to build your network. With the help of your networks, you can avail a part-time job. This network could include anyone, such as your university clubs, etc.
Alumni’s would have also considered part-time jobs while studying at your university. Engaging with them can help you find more contacts.
Suggested:How to get part time job in Australia?
Top Factors To Consider When Working While Studying In Australia
Before you accept any part time jobs in Australia, you need to keep a few rules and regulations in mind. Ensure the below is checked:
- Students can work up to 40hrs/every two weeks when studying and unlimited during holidays
- Students are eligible for workplace protections like domestic workers
- You will be paid on a per-hour basis, no matter which job profile you are in
Tax Information For Part Time Jobs For International Students In Australia
If an international student is pursuing a course in Australia that is six months or more, they are then eligible to pay taxes. You will pay the same tax rate as domestic residents as well as enjoy the tax benefits such as tax offsets, etc. International students can declare their taxes as long as they are driving income while staying in this country. They can still file for tax returns even if the income is coming from another country whilst the former is staying in Australia.
Conducting part time jobs in melbourne for international students or other cities allows you to gain real-world exposure. Working while studying lets, you learn about work-life balance, how to manage multiple tasks on your plate, etc. Australia has always been supportive of international students who wish to earn extra in this manner. You will find a job due to the opportunities there, but what matters most is finding the right academics this country can offer you. It is always better to ask experts, such as our Yocket counsellors, when making an academic choice. If you wish to explore yourself, signing up at Yocket helps too.