One of the most important documents a student requires for studying in UK is a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or CAS Letter. The UK CAS letter is issued by the university you have been accepted to and is required for a Tier 4 student visa. The letter is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and it provides the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department the details about the student, the chosen program, and the university. So, as a study in UK aspirant, if you too are interested in knowing all about the CAS letter UK, this blog will provide you all the information along with a CAS letter UK sample.
Table of Contents:
How to Apply for UK CAS letter?
The method of procuring a UK University CAS letter is different for different universities. Many universities in the UK automatically give the letter after the student accepts their offer and deposits the required fee. These universities contact the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for CAS number on behalf of students and confirm that the student has been recognized to study at the university. After that, UKVI issues the CAS number to the university, and the university, in return, issues it to the concerned student.
SUGGESTED: How to Apply for Universities in UK?
Some other universities such as Kingston University, require students to request their CAS via the Online Student Information System (OSIS). In such a case, you need to follow the following steps
Steps to Apply for UK CAS Letter:
You can request a CAS letter UK via OSIS six months prior to your course beginning. A student needs to follow the following 3 steps for getting a CAS Letter:
Step 1: Login into the OSIS platform
The first step is to login into the OSIS platform and upload the supporting documents.
The following details will be asked during the process:
- If you have had any previous UK visa refusals and scanned copy of the refusal notice if any
- If you have any pending applications with UKVI
- If your studies are partially or fully funded by a scholarship, government, or organization
- Financial documents - student loan, bank statement details, etc.
- If you are attending any specific science or engineering degree, you need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Certificate.
- You are required to have an approved tuberculosis test by UKVI.
Step 2: Approval of draft CAS Information
- Once your rough draft of CAS is ready, you will receive a mail whether the details mentioned on the draft are correct or not.
- You can visit the “Visa Page” on OSIS and click the view draft option to check against your CAS request record.
- Check thoroughly and confirm the information by approving your draft CAS
Step 3: Issue of CAS Letter
After the approval of your CAS draft, the team will recheck all the needed details and supporting documents. And once the clearance is done, you will receive a final CAS statement via email; you can easily apply for a UK student visa.
Now that you know the importance and process of obtaining a CAS letter, let us take a look at the UK CAS Letter Sample and its fields-
CAS Letter UK Sample
A CAS letter UK consists of all the personal details of the student and the details of the program of the university the student is admitted to:
- The duration of the courses from beginning till end date
- Title of the course you enrolled in University
- The first-year tuition fees for the applicable course under a recognized UK university
- Tuition fees paid by you to the University
- English proficiency courses such as TOEFL and IELTS
- Any accommodation fees if you have already paid
- 14 digit reference number for CAS
What is the UK CAS letter Processing time?
There is no specific UK CAS letter processing time fixed by the UK universities. The letters are issued by the university on the basis of the time of submission of application form. Therefore, the earlier you submit the application, the earlier you can get the CAS letter.
Once you agree to the offer of the university, the institutions will verify the required documents and provide you a CAS letter via email. Most universities usually take up to 10 days to send the CAS Number after confirming the details in the statement. If you don’t receive the CAS Number within 20 days, you can contact the admission committee.
What to Do When You Have Multiple CAS Letters from Different universities?
You can receive CAS letters from more than one university in UK. In case you do receive CAS letters from multiple universities, you need to decide which university you want to go to and use the CAS letter of that university to apply for a UK student visa.
Therefore, only one CAS letter can be used to procure a student visa. Once you receive your student visa, you can go to the UK and study at the university that issued your CAS letter.
CAS letter is thus one of the most important documents that you need to fulfill your dream of studying in UK. Make sure that you apply to more than one university and try to get multiple CAS letters. Once you have the letters, you can pick the university that suits your needs that best and use its CAS letter for your student visa application.