Studying abroad can be an enriching and rewarding experience, providing opportunities for personal and academic growth. If you are considering applying for higher education in a foreign country, there are many factors to consider beyond meeting academic requirements. For international students, demonstrating proficiency in English is often a necessary step, and the Duolingo English Test (DET) is one option that is becoming increasingly popular. As a digital-first, high-stakes English proficiency test, The Duolingo English Test (DET) is widely recognized by thousands of universities and millions of students worldwide. Tailored for convenience, speed, affordability, and reliability, the DET is developed by Duolingo, one of the highest rated education apps in the world, and is an excellent choice for those seeking a seamless and effective language assessment experience.
Here are 5 benefits of taking the Duolingo English Test and how it can help you ace your study abroad dreams:
- Easy access and convenience: The DET provides the ultimate convenience as it can be taken online from any computer with a reliable internet connection, anywhere in the world, making it an excellent option for students who lack access to a physical testing center or have a tight schedule. This feature makes the DET a popular choice for those seeking a flexible and convenient language assessment experience.
- Affordable: It is a budget-friendly alternative to other English proficiency tests, providing students with an affordable option regardless of their financial situation. Unlike other tests available in the market, the DET is currently priced at less than ₹5000. You can send your scores to an unlimited number of institutions for no added cost, which is an advantage over most other tests that start charging for additional score sharing after 4-5 shares with universities.
- Quick results: It also allows you to finish the exam in less than an hour and receive your scores within two days. This includes your overall score, subscores, as well as writing and speaking samples. This quick turnaround time enables you to easily meet application deadlines and plan your next steps in the study abroad journey.
- Accurate and technologically secure: The DET has been developed by language testing experts using cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) to offer a modern experience built on research. DET scores are determined by the grading engine, which is trained to evaluate language proficiency using the same standards as human raters with expertise in the field.
- Accepted by top universities across the globe: The DET is recognized by over 4200 institutions in over 50 countries by the top universities in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and more. Gaining proficiency in the English language through DET can help you get through your dream university!
Watch Indian students share their experiences of how the DET helped them get into their dream universities abroad and let this inspire you to start your study abroad journey now!