- Strong research programs: Stony Brook is home to over 300 research centers and institutes, which gives students the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research under the guidance of world-renowned faculty.
- Beautiful campus: Stony Brook's campus is located on 1,454 acres of land on Long Island's North Shore and is home to a variety of natural beauty, including forests, ponds, and meadows.
- Vibrant campus life: Stony Brook has a vibrant campus life with a variety of student organizations, clubs, and activities. There is something for everyone at Stony Brook, whether you are interested in sports, the arts, or student government.
- Excellent academics: Stony Brook offers over 200 undergraduate and graduate programs and is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world.
- Diversity: Stony Brook is a diverse university with students from over 100 countries. This gives students the opportunity to learn about different cultures and perspectives.
- Affordability: Stony Brook is a public university, which means that tuition is relatively affordable. There are also a number of scholarships and financial aid opportunities available.
In addition to these reasons, Stony Brook is also located just 60 miles from New York City, which gives students the opportunity to experience the cultural and economic opportunities of the city. Stony Brook also has a strong alumni network that can help students with their career search. And, because Stony Brook is located near major transportation hubs, it is easy for students to get to and from campus.