- They have more than 60 exchange connections with universities in Europe, North America, and Asia, which give its students and faculty a range of high-quality learning and teaching opportunities. Academy of Design (AoD) in Sri Lanka, Asia Pacific University (APU), Daly College Business School in India, DMU Dubai, DMU Kazakhstan, and East Asia Institute of Management are just a few of the partner universities.
- According to UCAS, DMU is in the Top 10 most popular universities in the UK for home and EU students, and it is more popular than ever, with one of the greatest rises in UCAS acceptances of any UK institution in the previous year.
- International students can apply for a variety of scholarships to study in the United Kingdom. These merit-based rewards can be worth up to 6000 GBP (6 lakh INR) and can cover up to 30% of tuition costs by De Montfort University Scholarship list.
De Montfort University
Leicester, United Kingdom
Established in 1992
Established in 1992
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Get into De Montfort University @ ₹99
Access Yocket’s finest partner universities and enrol for our stellar courses with a one-stop process for application submission.
De Montfort University (DMU) is a public university in Leicester, England. Founded in 1870 as the Leicester School of Art, the institution has had several names throughout the years, including Leicester Colleges of Art and Technology and Leicester Polytechnic. The institution changed with the times, offering new programmes including engineering, construction, and machine drawing.
De Montfort University was established in 1992. The institution was named after Simon de Montfort, a 13th-century Earl of Leicester who is credited with founding the first parliament in 1265.
Top Reasons to Study in the De Montfort University
Cost of Studying at De Montfort University
Average tuition fee
Average living expenses (Bachelors)
Average living expenses (Masters)
Average on-campus living expenses
Average off-campus living expenses
Rankings for The De Montfort University
The World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The De Montfort University
£20 - £22
How to Apply at De Montfort University
The procedure for De Montfort University admission is conducted entirely online.
Step 1: Students must first visit the De Montfort University's 'how to apply' page. Students must then go to the UCAS website and select the 'Undergraduate'/ ‘Graduate’ option. They must now hit the 'Apply' button to continue with their application.
Step 2: If they have already registered on the portal, they can log in with their username and password to continue their application.
Step 3: To complete the registration procedure, students who have not yet registered must select their gender and submit their name and surname.
Step 4: Select Non-UK/International from the drop-down menu and click the 'Next' button to proceed.
Step 5: Candidates must submit their address, phone number, and email address to complete the registration process.
Step 6: Applicants must establish a password and answer a series of security questions in order to recover their password in the event that they forget or lose it.
Step 7: The username will display on the UCAS portal; students should remember it because they will need it when checking in.
Step 8: Students may now log in with their username and password and complete the application before submitting it. They may now track their application using the UCAS track feature.
- There is no application fee.
- For September intake, the application deadline is February 8th.
Documents Required to Apply to De Montfort University
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Scores on English language tests: IELTS
- 4.5 with pre-sessional English for Foundational Courses
- An overall score is 6.0–7.5 for UG (can vary based on courses)
- An overall score is 6.0-6.5 for PG (can vary based on courses)
- For undergraduates, one academic reference is required; for postgraduates, two are required.
- Statement of Purpose
- Course-specific criteria, such as a portfolio, an interview, and so on
- Applicants with alternative English certifications must contact the international admissions staff at email@example.com to see whether or not their exam is acceptable
Exams Accepted By the University
To be eligible for a seat on the International Incorporated Bachelors (IIB), Pre-Top Up (PTU), or International Incorporated Masters (IIM) at De Montfort University International College (DMUIC), one must fulfill the English Language criteria. The courses need an IELTS score of 5.5 or above, with 5.5 in each component.
If one does not fulfill these English Language criteria, the university can provide you with a pre-sessional English course that you can take immediately before beginning the first or second stage of your selected programme.
six-week pre-sessional English training - 5.5 (with any component below 5.5)
six-week pre-sessional English training - 5.0 (no component below 4.5)
12-week pre-Sessional English course - 4.5 (with no component below 4.0)
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university.
Information Systems Management
Abhijeet Umakant Wani
Information Systems Management
% of international students in the university
Total International Students in the university
De Montfort University has a large alumni network, with over 18,000 members from all around the world. The university alumni can take advantage of a variety of privileges, including:
- Alumni groups and networks are free to join.
- Free admission to a variety of campus activities
- Facilities at the school
- Opportunities for work and personal growth
- Discounted tuition and subsidies for further education
- Alumni members may also network through the Global Alumni Community, which allows them to interact online via social media and attend Alumni Club Meetings focused on career interests, research projects, and academic interests, among other things.
Among the famous graduates who have achieved success in a variety of professions are:
Rugby player, Lewis Moody; Model, Laura Coleman and Novelist, Louis de Bernières, well known for his work 'Captain'.
Related Discussion for the Universities
Ask, post and discuss!
Have a question? Ask and discuss with your fellow aspirants!
2 months ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
4 months ago
Number of campuses the university has
Transportation in the city
- M1 and A1 highways provide convenient access to the school from the north and south. For those traveling from Birmingham, Wales, or the South West, the M69 and M6 are close by. Please use the postcode LE2 7DP to find our main parking lot. On a first-come, first-served basis, disabled parking places are available.
- By bicycle: In the main parking lot, there are protected bicycle stations. You must provide your own chain or lock.
- Taking public transportation: Leicester is connected to London and many other major cities by high-speed train, while bus and coach services provide affordable and dependable connections around Leicester and the UK. In addition, the city offers park-and-ride services.
- DMU officials will be waiting to meet you at Leicester railway station if you are attending one of our Open Days. They will also point you in the direction of our complimentary shuttle buses, which run only for our Open Days and will carry you to our campus. From 8.30am to 3.45pm, complimentary shuttle buses will run every 20 minutes from Leicester railway station to transfer you to campus for the Open Day.
- East Midlands International Airport is around half an hour away and Birmingham, Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton and Stansted airports are all within reach.
Services offered by the university
- Students get regular access to state-of-the-art experimental laboratories, studios, and workshops.
- For research, conferences, specialized seminars, and group discussions, De Montfort University maintains a number of Learning Zones and Greenhouse facilities.
- Over 1,600 computer stations, laptops, free wi-fi, and power outlets for desktops are available throughout all library sites on campus.
- The main Kimberlin high-tech Library houses a diverse variety of study materials, including books, collections, periodicals, and internet resources that may be accessed from anywhere.Except under exceptional situations, the facility is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
De Montfort University campus is at Gateway House, Leicester, England, and has good road, air, and rail connections. By driving, it takes around an hour to get to the campus from the East Midlands International Airport.
- Members of the university community adhere to strict environmental policies in order to support the principles of environmental sustainability. On campus, policies such as material recycling and the usage of green transportation choices are implemented.
- Club memberships, the students' union, and volunteer programmes are among the extracurricular activities available to students on campus.
- There are around 150 student clubs dedicated to academics, sports and activities, cultures, religious views, gastronomy, cinema and media, and other topics. Students can join any of them to interact and meet like-minded people.
On campus accomodation
- On-campus housing is available at De Montfort in ten resident halls. The university's residence is close to the city center as well as a variety of nearby attractions.
- On-campus housing is guaranteed for international undergraduate and postgraduate students applying for full-time programmes.
- Traditional and suite-styled residential halls and apartment complexes are provided as housing alternatives.
University Faculty:Student Ratio1:19
University Faculty Stats
De Montfort University has more than 27,000 students enrolled in full time and part time courses, along with the support of around 3,240 staff. The student-to-faculty ratio of the university is 19.6. About 33% of international students are enrolled in De Montfort University from all over the world. The male to female ratio is 46:54.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
The University of De Montfort has special arrangements with more than 80 universities and colleges in over 25 countries, including Nanjing University, ranked 120th in the world by the Times Higher Education. Cultural partnerships include a link with Leicester City Football Club to help make the club's heritage more widely available. The university has also collaborated with Leicester in the creation of the Digital Media Center (DMC), which received 1 million GBP in funding from the university. Through the university's involvement, the DMC will benefit from the latest research in media and related technologies. Students on appropriate courses will have the opportunity to use the production and educational facilities at the Center. Research can be done in supervision of various faculty members in the university guiding their area of expertise.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Students can participate in internship programmes and joint research projects through DMUs established partnerships with many UK-based and worldwide organizations. Following graduation, these programmes have assisted students in finding jobs at companies such as NASA, Nike, Warner Bros., Land Rover, HSBC, Jaguar Land Rover, and others. As a result, De Montfort University provides all of its students with the chance to pursue a successful career in the United Kingdom.
1. What is the cost of attending De Montfort University?
De Montfort University fees is 14,250-15,836 GBP which is around 1503764.74 INR in tuition for undergraduate programmes. Graduate tuition fees range from 12,200 to 15,100 GBP (113950.35-142437.93 INR).
2. What is De Montfort University acceptance rate ?
De Montfort University is somewhat selective, with a 45 percent acceptance rate.
3. Is there any scholarship or financial help available at De Montfort University for overseas students?
International Scholarships at De Montfort University are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis if a £4,000 tuition fee deposit is received. The quantity of these is restricted. International students with a passion for sports are eligible for the De Montfort University Sports Scholarship.
4. How many intakes does De Montfort University have?
De Montfort University has 3 intakes per year: October, January and April.
5. Can a DMU student modify his or her course selection?
The curriculum modification procedure allows modifications to programmes and modules to be made with proper consultation and guarantees that the changes are documented. Changes may be necessary for a number of reasons, including reacting to student and external examiner comments.