- Part of an international network of Catholic universities that encourages joint and double degree programs, student and professor/lecturer exchanges, 2854 students have participated in the outgoing study and work programs at foreign universities.
- With a separate scholarship initiative for international students, 3566 students are exempt from paying university tuition fees.
- The university offers 19 double degree courses leading to two university degrees, one of which is international. Partner institutions are in countries like Germany, Spain, Great Britain, France, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, the United States, Mexico, and China.
Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Established in 1921
Established in 1921
When in doubt...
Share to solve! Chat with similar aspirants!
Considered the most important catholic university and the largest private research university in Europe, the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart was founded in 1921 and is situated in Milan, Italy. Spread across a national network of five campuses, the university is known for its well-structured, multidisciplinary educational program based on intensive study methods to ensure a strong link with the professional world.
Offering both bachelor’s and master’s programs, the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart is home to 41,398 students among which 2395 belong to the international community. The university is ranked in the top 101-150 universities in the world out of a total of 26,000 universities by the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2021. The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Universities, and Research of Italy.
Top Reasons to Study in the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Cost of Studying at Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Average tuition fee
Rankings for The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
US World and News Report
QS World University Rankings
Admissions at The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Avg acceptance rate (Bachelors)
€60 - €88
How to Apply at Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
- Apply through the official website
- Choose your course
- Fill up your personal details
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
Documents Required to Apply to Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
- Passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Financial Statement
- High School Graduation Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- College/University Transcripts (for students applying to graduate programs)
Note: The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart application fee is 75 EUR (6118 INR).
Exams Accepted By the University
Catholic University of the Sacred Heart’s eligibility requirements for international students are as follows:
Minimum scores required
between 1140 and 1260
24 and 28
English Proficiency Examination Requirements for undergraduate and graduate programs
Minimum scores required
6.0 (Overall band score)
Know universities that fit you best!
Take us through your profile, study preferences, strengths, and weaknesses and we’d find you universities that are tailor made for you, instantly!
CoursesFind the updated list of courses available in this university
Transportation in the city
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart’s main campus is located in Milan, Italy and the distance between the city and the university is less than three miles. Moreover, all five campuses are accessible and are located within seven miles of their respective city center. Students can travel to any of the five campuses by tram, rail, taxi, bicycle, and even by foot. In order to facilitate sustainable mobility in urban areas and increase accessibility to students and staff, the university has undertaken collaborations with local transport authorities to offer services at controlled prices, share information, and many other initiatives.
Services offered by the university
- The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart carries out its educational processes through its five campuses located across the country - Milan Campus (main campus), Brescia, Rome, Piacenza and Cremona .
- With libraries on all five campuses, students can access books, databases, e-journals, printed magazines, e-books, doctoral theses, and electronic resources among a few others. The university library system even offers personal study spaces for students.
- The university provides group tutoring services to all students for personalized advice regarding the method and organization of their studies.
- Some of the campuses allow students to purchase, consult, and loan books, paper, and multimedia materials related to teaching and other topics.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in more than ten student associations covering culture, sports, recreation, and social initiatives.
- The university hosts a variety of cultural activities including theatrical shows, cultural and scientific events, concerts, seminars, workshops, and other events.
- The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart Rome campus offers its students two tennis courts, a 5-a-side and 11-a-side football field, and a basketball/volleyball court. To encourage indoor sports, the campus is also equipped with a SportHouse that has a tensile structure equipped with cutting-edge equipment and a complete course proposal.
- Piacenza Campus has spaces suitable for numerous sports disciplines including two 5-a-side football fields and a multifunctional tensile structure equipped with all the equipment for the game of 5-a-side football, basketball, and volleyball.
- Offering nutritious and differentiated cuisines, the university provides 17 canteens across all its campuses along with a restaurant on the Milan campus.
On campus accomodation
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart offers off-campus housing for all students through EDUCatt, a foundation that provides different housing solutions in various locations.
- The university provides accommodation through Colleges on Campus, a short distance from university buildings, and Residences in the City, which are located throughout the territory and well connected to the course locations. The residences for each campus along with their room type are listed below.
University Faculty Stats
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart is staffed with over 1293 teachers and academics with a student-to-faculty ratio of 21:6. The university has a total of 41,398 students with a gender distribution of 35% male students and 65% of female students.
University Endowments Value
Research opportunities at university
With over 30 million in research funding, the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart World offers its students and its 1025 professors/researchers 94 research centers, 39 departments, and 1 institute. Research is structured over 10 scientific areas like physical sciences, sciences in law, mathematics and information technology, economics and statistics, and medical sciences among many others.
Internship opportunities (Part time job opportunities)
Over 12,560 internships and job advertisements are published for students in one year on the university’s career support application. Students have previously interned with Accenture, Barilla, BNP Paribas, Deloitte, EY, Ikea, L’oreal, Nestle, Unilever Italia, and Volkswagen, among many other partner companies.
Placement - Companies and average salaries offered
According to the QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020, the university ranks first in the country and 58th in the world for the active presence of companies on university campuses capable of creating networks with students and offering job opportunities. 7 out of 10 undergraduate students and 8 out of 10 graduate students from the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart’s class of 2019 found a job within 12 months. The average salary is 59023 EUR (4760808 INR) per annum.
1. What are the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart tuition fees?
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart tuition fee per year for international undergraduate and graduate students is 8340 EUR (6,78,788 INR) and 8840 EUR (7,19,483 INR), respectively.
2. What are the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart GPA requirements?
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart GPA requirement for international students is 2.0 and above.
3. What is the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart's acceptance rate?
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart's acceptance rate is 66%.
4. What are the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart courses?
he Catholic University of the Sacred Heart courses is spread across 12 faculties with 103 bachelor’s programs and 144 master’s programs.
5. Are there any Catholic University of the Sacred Heart scholarships for international students?
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart for international students is offered through the “UCSC International Scholarship” which is an annual tuition fee reduction covering 37% of the total cost.