Sanika Udhoji Mentor_tag

a month ago

Student Visa in Denmark!

Denmark is routinely ranked among the top ten European nations to study in, particularly in terms of personal development opportunities and access to higher-quality education.

A visa/residence permit is required for non-EU/EEA students. Students will need a visa if their stay is shorter than three months, and a residence permit if their stay is longer than three months. Three months before your arrival date is the optimal time to start applying for your residence permit, because some documents must be signed, sealed, and delivered, or biometrics must be provided, the overall duration and processing periods may differ depending on your nationality. The processing of information can take up to 60 days. The details are as follows:

1) Visa (short-term stay)
Those who intend to study in Denmark for less than three months must apply for a tourist visa (this is not necessary for some non-EU countries). Any authorized Danish mission in your country, including all Danish embassies and consulates overseas, can help you obtain a visa. Visit the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website to learn where you can apply for a visa. Students cannot work in Denmark without obtaining a visa.

2) Residence permit (long-term stay)
Students studying in Denmark for more than three months must apply for a residency permit, which can be done at the Danish embassy in their home country. From September to May, students can work 20 hours per week in Denmark, and from June to August, they can work 37 hours per week. (A permit for this level of work comes standard with the residential permit.) Your permit can be extended for another year.
You should check with the Danish consulate to see what documents are needed, but you may be requested for the following:
1) An acceptance letter from your university
2) Proof of language proficiency
3) Proof that you can support yourself financially for the duration of your stay (around 1,000 EUR/month)
4) A valid passport
5) You will need to pay a visa fee (Residency permit fees: 255 EUR)
6) A passport size photo
7) Travel insurance

Getting a registration certificate: Check with the Regional State Administration (Statsforvaltningen) within 3 months after your arrival in Denmark. You will have to present:
1) Your passport
2) Two passport-type photos
3) The letter of admission from the university.
All non-EU/EEA citizens over 18 must have their photograph, fingerprints and signature recorded digitally when they submit their application for a Danish residence permit.

1) Open an account on the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Visa website.
2) Fill out the online form for Denmark. Then, depending on the type of permit, pay the necessary fees.
3) Schedule an appointment at one of the approved VAC in Denmark. You can do so by visiting the website of the VAC in your region.
4) You can then visit the VAC with the cover letter that you received via e-mail and submit your biometrics there.

#masters #ms #bachelors #phd #studyabroad #Europe #denmark #CommunityMentor #CommunityEngagement


Let’s keep Yocket clean, warm and supportive. Kindly adhere to our Community Guidelines when sharing posts.