Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) Abroad
A critical health care component - Nursing is a profession concerned with care for individuals, families and communities with the purpose of attaining, maintaining and recovering health and quality of life. Nurses coordinate with physicians, doctors and patients to focus on treating illnesses and improving quality of life. Their responsibilities include diagnosing health problems, providing care, medication and therapy for patients.
The Master of Nursing (Graduate entry) builds on your previous undergraduate education, preparing you for work in local, national and international healthcare settings. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of how to work with other health professionals to provide the highest quality person-centred care.
If you are studying at bachelor’s level, you’ll learn the theory behind nursing, clinical skills and develop your understanding through teaching and hospital placements. Common modules and areas of study include:
- Foundations of nursing
- Person-centered nursing
- Communication skills
- Therapeutic approach and practice
- Global health issues
- Introduction to professional practice
- Research methods
- Healthcare sciences
- Medicine management
- Medicine management
- Practical nursing skills
Masters of Science in Nursing equips students to grow into highly specialized roles for advanced training on the job. Various subjects for MS Nursing include:
- Nursing Foundations
- Pathology and Genetics
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
Some of the specializations offered under Masters of Science in Nursing are as listed below:
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
There are many soft skills and the following are the top four that nurses can develop to be great :
Effective Communication. Communication begins before you even speak.
Practicing Empathy. Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of others.
Organization and time management.
The requirements for a Masters in Nursing are not general in nature. Most universities have their own entrance examinations that you can take. However, here are some of the basic requirements:
There exist few exams like the NCLEX (a nurse licensing exam) in order to be a qualified Registered Nurse.
TOEFL and IELTS is compulsory for acquiring a visa and as proof of proficiency in English.
A Bachelor’s in Nursing is also required for a Masters in Nursing abroad.
- Traveling Med Pros Nursing Scholarships in USA
- University of Salford Year of the Nurse and Midwife International Scholarship in UK
- University of Southern Queensland International Student Support
- Nursing Scholarship in Australia
- KUMS funding for International Students in Iran
- Sunshine Behavioral Health Opioid Awareness Scholarship
- The Friends of Mary Seacole funding for International Students 2021-2020
- SGS Dean’s funding for International Students in Canada 2021
- SGS tuition grants for International Candidates in Canada
- ECU Nursing & Midwifery PhD Positionsfor International Students in Australia, 2021
- Global Excellence postgraduate placements at the University of Dundee in UK, 2021-2022
Nursing is a truly vocational course, and if you achieve a degree it’s very likely you will go on to become a professional registered nurse. However, there are different nursing roles you can pursue, including:
- Registered nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- Learning disability nurse
- Care worker