Masters (MS) in Chemical Engineering Abroad
Chemical Engineering as the name suggests is related to chemicals. It is one of the emerging careers that deal with designing and supervision chemical reactions in the industry for energy production or human development.
The major responsibility of Chemical engineers is to apply the principles of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Economics to solve the problems that involve the production or use of chemicals drugs, food and many other chemical products. It also involves various aspects like design, analysis and operation aspects of chemical plants.
Course structure :
- Process Optimization
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Safety and Hazards
- Advanced Process Control
- Composite Materials
Students design large-scale processes that convert chemicals, microorganisms, energy into useful forms and products. Some of the core subjects in a Masters in Chemical Engineering Subjects include:
- Fluid flow/mechanics
- Heat & Mass transfer
- Chemical engineering Thermodynamics
- Process control & instrumentation
- Chemical reaction engineering
- Chemical Technology/Synthesis
- Process & mechanical Equipment design
There are numerous specializations in Masters (MS) in Chemical Engineering programs which vary across universities. Some of them are listed below:
- Polymer Processing and Technology
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Particle Science and Technology
- Model Predictive Control
- Impedance Spectroscopy
Key skills for chemical engineers :
- An aptitude for and interest in chemistry.
- IT and numeracy skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Communication and teamworking skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
The requirements for Masters in Chemical Engineering Requirements vary across universities, some of the basic ones are:
Most of the universities in the USA, Canada require you to give the GRE. Few universities from Germany require GRE scores. However, GRE is not required for admission to Australian universities.
IELTS or TOEFL is compulsory for acquiring a student visa and as proof of English proficiency.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering or an associated field is mandatory.
Chemical Engineering scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- Imperium International College Scholarship Program for Domestic Students
- Orange Knowledge Programme Netherlands
- Undip Scholarships Indonesia Diponegoro University
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22
- University of Twente Scholarships Netherlands 2021-2022
- Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2021-2022
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships Sweden
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships
- Fully-Funded Postgraduate Research Scholarships, 2020-21
- Strathclyde Postgraduate Research International Scholarship, 2020-21
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Analytical chemist.
- Energy manager.
- Environmental engineer.
- Manufacturing engineer.
- Materials engineer.
- Mining engineer.
- Production manager.
- Quality manager.
Ques. What is the duration of an MS in Chemical Engineering?
Ans. The duration of an MS in Chemical Engineering for students abroad is 2 years.
Ques. What are the Job Roles after MS in Chemical Engineering?
Ans. The Job Roles after MS in Chemical Engineering includes:
- Project Design Engineer jobs
- Research And Development Chemist jobs
- Junior Project Engineer jobs
- Development Engineer jobs
- Laboratory Manager jobs
- Chemical Analyst jobs
- Food Engineer jobs
- Senior Production Planner jobs
Ques. What are the subjects in MS in Chemical Engineering?
Ans. The subjects under MS in Chemical Engineering is:
- Chemical Reaction Kinetics
- Process Design
Ques. Which country is the best for MS in Chemical Engineering?
Ans. The best countries for MS in Chemical Engineering is:
Ques. What is the highest salary after chemical engineering?
Ans. The highest salary after masters in chemical engineering is $1,00,000-$1,48,000 per year.