Bachelors in Creative Writing Abroad
Creative Writing is an artistic discipline associated with creating written pieces that are original and self-expressive. It goes beyond the bounds of usual - professional, journalistic, academic or technical forms of literature.
Creative Writing can be usually identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development and the use of literary tropes or various traditions of poetry and poetics; whose purpose is to express something, whether it be feelings, thoughts, or emotions.
Studying Bachelor’s in Creative Writing will help you explore the various facets of this creative field such as fiction, screenwriting, poetry and non-fiction. The key aspect of Creative Writing is to develop a writing style and being able to use the language to convey your ideas and emotions effectively. If you find yourself interested in literature and using words as a medium to express myriad thoughts, you can consider pursuing a Creative Writing degree to develop your skills in creative writing and literary analysis. During the Bachelor’s program, you will attain hands-on practice along with the exposure which will help you master the art. Skills gained in BA Creative Writing course will be useful in marketing, PR and teaching, as well as many other career fields.
To become a successful Creative Writer, one would come across diverse course topics during the Bachelor’s program. Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor’s (BA) in Creative Writing:
- Foundations of the English Major
- Foundations of Creative Writing
- Introduction to Poetry
- Introduction To Fiction: Short Story
- Cinema and Media Studies or Visual Arts
- Literary Analysis
- Modern British Literature and Culture
- Literary Theory and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Medieval and Early Modern Literature and Culture
To make the most out of the Bachelor’s program, one must have a sound understanding of the fundamental subject topics related to Creative Writing. Following are the subjects required for Bachelor’s in Creative Writing:
- English Literature
- Language Electives
- Creative Writing Course
8 Skills Creative Writing Needs :
- Strong Research Skills.
- A Solid Understanding of SEO.
- Organizational Skills.
- The Ability to Get Focused.
- The Ability to Meet Deadlines.
Creative Writing Scholarships
- ACES Merv Aubespin Scholarship
- Against the Grain Artistic Scholarship
- Apprentice Ecologist Scholarship
- Aspiring Writer’s Award
- Barbaras Caras Memorial Scholarship for Film Studies Varies
- Bobette Bibo Gugliotta Memorial Scholarship for Creative Writing
- Bodie McDowell Scholarship
- CINTAS Foundation Fellowship in Creative Writing
- COMTO North Texas Scholarship
- Denes & Agota Bardos Award
Some of the career possibilities after earning a Creative Writing degree:
- Technical writer