Mathematics is all around us, in everything we do. It is the building block for everything in our daily lives, including mobile devices, architecture, art, money, engineering, and even sports. It is the branch of science which deals with the logic of shape, quantity and arrangement. Since it can be combined easily with serious study in another subject in the physical, biological, or social sciences by means of a double major or otherwise, this major works well for both professionals and non-professionals.
The Oxford English Dictionary states mathematics to be an “abstract science which investigates deductively the conclusions implicit in the elementary concepts of spatial and numerical relations, and which includes as its main divisions geometry, arithmetic, and algebra”. Now, that may be a difficult concept to grasp. You need only to answer one question: are you a numbers person? Do you love the perfect way Mathematics can be used to prove almost anything? Do you ever feel that you want a theorem or an axiom to be named after you? Or maybe you want to disprove any existing mathematical theory by some great scholar from the past? If yes, then Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is the right degree for you.
Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor's in Mathematics:
- Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Math Structure for Computer Science
- Modern Geometry
- Probability and Statistics
Following are the subjects required for Bachelor’s in Mathematics:
The main branches of mathematics are:
- Statistics and Probability.
What skills does studying mathematics develop?
- critical thinking.
- problem solving.
- analytical thinking.
- quantitative reasoning.
- ability to manipulate precise and intricate ideas.
- construct logical arguments and expose illogical arguments.
- time management.
Mathematics scholarships 2021 - 2022
- Korean Government Self Finance Support Announced
- The South Asia Scholarship - University of Dundee UK 2021-2022
- New Zealand Aid Programme 2021-2022 Scholarships for international students
- Global Korea Scholarship - Funded by Korean Government
- Linnett Family Mathematics Endowed Scholarship - The
- University of Queensland Australia
Following are the Job Roles after Bachelor's in Mathematics:
- Actuarial Analyst
- Chartered Accountant
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Investment Analyst
- Business Analyst