Bachelors in Materials Science Abroad
To engineer any device, structure or product, requires the right materials. Materials science is the branch of science that teaches us what things are made of and why they behave as they do. Materials engineering shows us how to apply knowledge to make better things and how to make things better. Materials science and engineering drives innovation in both research and industry in fields ranging from aerospace to medicine.
Are you an inventor? Or do you think you can uncover the secrets of the universe? With a materials science and engineering degree you will be doing just that, You will be focused on creating new kinds of matter, and experiment with the existing ones. Graduates having a Bachelor's degree in Material Science are comfortable working in interdisciplinary environments and are aware of their legal, moral and environmental responsibilities as engineers.
Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor's of Materials Science and Engineering:
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Principles of Engineering Practice
- Fundamentals of Materials Science
- Materials Laboratory
- Mathematics for Materials Scientists and Engineers
- Introduction to Modeling and Simulation
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Organic & Biomaterials Chemistry
- Materials Project Laboratory
Following are the subjects required for Bachelor's in Materials Science and Engineering:
Key specialization :
- information technology
- major engineering disciplines.
Materials Science and Engineering should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Analytical skills. Materials engineers often work on projects related to other fields of engineering.
- Math skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Speaking skills.
- Writing skills.
Materials Science and Engineering Scholarships :
- 4-H Youth in Action
- 7X24 Exchange Rocky Mountain Chapter Scholarship
- AAUW Return to Learning Scholarships
- ACF Barnes W. Rose, Jr. and Eva Rose Nichol Scholarship Program
- ACF Woodcock Family Education Scholarship Program
- African American Leadership Society STEM Scholarship
- Angelo Tagliacozzo Memorial Geological Scholarship
- Apprentice Ecologist Scholarship
- ASM Canton-Massillon Chapter Freshman Scholarship
- ASNT Fellowship Award
Following are the Job Roles after Bachelor's in Materials Science and Engineering:
- Design Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Product/process Development Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Technical Sales Engineer