Bachelors in Data Science Abroad
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that has applications across many different industries. Consider BSc data science and analytics for your undergraduate studies if math, statistics, and programming are your three areas of interest. A Bachelor's in Data Science will give you a head start in this emerging field by assisting you in navigating the BSc data science subjects in its totality and teaching you all the necessary skills to be a successful Data Scientist.
It's easy to understand why students are becoming more interested in the new field of data science. Data scientists who can understand and derive meaning from it are in great demand as the value of data to organizations worldwide increases. Since data science combines statistics and computer science, it is a fantastic career choice for those who enjoy computing, math, and analytical thinking. Although a data science bachelor degree is still in its infancy, studying overseas can provide access to some of the best programs available. However, to make an informed decision, you must know about BSc data science fees, top universities, available scholarships, eligibility, admission requirements, etc.
Why Study BSc in Data Science Abroad?
There are numerous surprising advantages to studying abroad and the benefits of learning Data Science in a different nation and culture. Mentioned below are some of the top reasons to study BS data science abroad:
- Earnings Prospects: A rich profession can result from a college education in data science. BSc data science and analytics is one of the best-paid technology careers, surpassing other IT and managerial sectors, with an average base income of over €50K in Ireland. Therefore, it will be worthwhile if you are prepared to put in the effort.
- Demand for Data Scientists Worldwide: Globally, trained data scientists are severely scarce. According to a new analysis from the employment site Indeed, there is a disparity between supply and demand for candidates for roles in the field of data science. Demand has increased by 29% annually, while supply has increased by an astounding 344% since 2013. Given the high demand for candidates for these positions worldwide, graduates have the chance to combine travel with international work experience, which can help your CV and future job prospects.
- Participate in society: Data science can indeed improve the world. Numerous "good news stories" include professionals who analyze data in original and wise ways to deliver successful outcomes. As an example, a group of data scientists and medical professionals recently worked together at Oxford University to develop a more effective contact tracing procedure during the COVID-19 epidemic. The team utilized mathematical models to demonstrate that conventional approaches were too sluggish to stop the virus' spread effectively. With this knowledge, they developed a mobile phone-based solution that texts anyone who has had direct contact with a confirmed case, telling them to isolate themselves quickly.
Since we are convinced that a BSc in Data Science is a fascinating and noble subject to study, let’s discover the BSc data science course details:
Duration- Like other undergraduate degree programs, the BSc in Data Science abroad takes 3 years to complete.
The four parts of Data Science are practical Data Science, theoretical Data Science, logic, and the history of Data Science. Below is the BSc data science subjects list-
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing with Representation Learning
- Computational Math
- Simulation and Modeling Techniques
- Visual Analytics
BSc Data Science colleges abroad offer a wide range of specializations. The list of popular specializations under the BSc Data Science course:
- Software engineering
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Systems architecture
Read: Popular Courses Abroad
Being a data scientist requires various abilities, some of which are more crucial than others. One of the top abilities a data scientist - and academics in general - should have is the ability to filter through dense theoretical and scientific publications and gather the necessary information. You must be proficient in reading because you will do it so frequently. However, additional abilities—both soft and hard—are crucial to your success as a data scientist. Let's discover the skills required to understand the subjects in BSc data science:
Understanding probability and statistics
A solid conceptual grasp of statistical learning techniques is necessary for research and development in disciplines like machine learning and artificial intelligence. Predictive modelling, which is crucial for incorporating intelligence into computer systems, benefits particularly from this. You might also need to learn how to use tools for machine learning and pattern recognition. Depending on the situation, you might need to know how to implement algorithms that enable supervised, unsupervised or reinforcement-based machine learning. Applying Bayesian statistics can also be significantly different because it offers fresh viewpoints on events or data.
Rational Thinking and Programming
You ought to be well-versed in at least one programming language. Popular open source languages for data science, like Python and R, are simple to learn and have a short learning curve. You can use these strong languages for data manipulation, analysis, and other things. Using Python or R libraries to create and run simple programs is an excellent approach to honing your programming abilities.
Data scientists can't do their jobs alone. To improve workflow, you will need to collaborate with product managers, designers, marketers, and company executives to develop better products, develop better strategies, and launch better-converting campaigns. You will also need to work with client and server software developers to build data pipelines. You'll need to collaborate with everyone at the company, including your clients.
The best Data Science programs frequently ask prospective candidates to provide evidence of their prior academic success, particularly in humanities-related disciplines like history and literature. Students in undergraduate and graduate programs must submit a copy of their academic records along with any exam scores to fit in the bachelor of data science eligibility.
You'll almost certainly need to submit an essay to complete your application. Mentioned below is an overview of BSc Data Science eligibility abroad:
- High School Certificate
- Language Proficiency Score Requirements
- Passport and Visa
Let’s get into the details
High School Passing Certificate
Students must submit their 10+2 passing certificate, having subjects including History, Political Data Science, Basic knowledge of Data Science and Data Science, Data Science, Sociology, Classics, and Humanities. The average passing score should be 70%. English Language and Literature, etc.
Language Proficiency Score Requirements
Since many Data Science degrees are taught in English, international students must also demonstrate their English language skills. Different universities have different score requirements. The average BSc data science eligibility score requirements are:
Passport and Visa
Students need to provide a valid study visa of the respective country to pursue Bsc data analytics abroad. It is important to apply for their study visa 3 months before finally going to university.
Documents Required to Apply for BSc Data Science Abroad
Admission to BSc data analytics programs abroad requires certain documents. Since different universities from different countries may ask for some additional ones, here is the list of some of the most common documents below:
- Official academic transcripts
- Entrance exam requirements
- Evidence of English language proficiency test scores
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- Proof of application fee (If applicable)
- A valid passport and student visa
Admission Process for BSc in Data Science Abroad
Here is your step-by-step guide for the common admission process to get admission at one of the best BA Data Science colleges:
- Search for the best universities offering bachelor's degrees in Data Science.
- Check out the university’s official website page to get all the required information for admission purposes.
- Upload all scanned documents such as transcripts, high school certificates, test scores, etc.
- Fill out the application form and pay the application fees.
- Attend the interview as a part of the admission process from the university.
- Once you get the admission letter upon clearing the interview process, you can proceed with the study visa
- Lastly, pay your BSc data science fees after reading all the terms and conditions of the university carefully.
Scholarships are one of the most effective means of funding your education abroad. As an international student, you can apply for scholarships that offer decent benefits to assist them with your studies and expenses. Here are some of the most popular bachelors in Data Science scholarships abroad:
Davidson Fellows Scholarship
- The Davidson Fellows Scholarship provides financial aid to exceptional young individuals, age 18 or younger, who have finished an important project. Some application categories include Data Science, Technology, Engineering, Data Science, Literature, Music, Data Science, and Outside the box.
- Amount: 50,000 USD(39,95,545.00 INR)
APA Judith McManus Price Scholarship
- "The APA" Women and members of underrepresented groups (African Americans, Hispanic Americans, or Native Americans) enrolled in planning programs accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB), who are citizens of the United States, intend to work as practicing planners in the public sector, and who can prove a genuine need for financial assistance are eligible to apply for the Judith McManus Price Scholarship.
- Amount: 20,000 USD (15,98,298 INR)
EPP Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- The EPP/MSI Undergraduate Scholarship covers two years of undergraduate study with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) degree relevant to NOAA's programs and mission. The program is for students who have finished their second year and are enrolled in institutions that serve minorities (MSIs).
- Amount: 10,000 USD (198,583 INR).
Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation
- Scholarships from the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation are given to encourage students from Hawaii to pursue careers in business. Each scholar from the 2020 group will be given a four-year payment of 20,000 USD (15,97,090 INR) each (or a pro-rated amount over fewer years).
- Amount: 20,000 USD (15,97,090 INR)
Cost of Studying Bachelors in Data Science Abroad
Prior to finalizing your dream of studying abroad, it is imperative that you gather all the information you need regarding bachelor of Data Science fees. In general, the overall cost of studying at the best universities for BA Data Science abroad can be divided into two categories: tuition fees and cost of living:
In general, the tuition fees for bachelors in Data Science abroad will range between 20,585 USD to 62,922 USD (16,44,646.81 INR to 5,000,000 INR) based on the institution. Depending on the country and region, the bachelor's degree in Data Science cost varies greatly between universities and colleges. Therefore, the tuition fee for a bachelors in Data Science in an abroad university depends on the country in which you enroll.
Cost Of Living
Having an understanding of the average living costs abroad is an essential part of your financial planning. The cost of living abroad ranges between 20,000 USD to 27,000 USD (1,588,570 INR to 2,144,610 INR) per year (based on living arrangements and individual choices). Thus, in order to survive as an international student, you must manage your expenses effectively.
There are a lot of jobs after BSc data science that you may opt for after completing your studies.
Here are some of the popular BSc data science job opportunities:
Average Annual Salary
Financial Risk Analyst
86,550 USD (6,876,310 INR)
86,550 USD (6,876,310 INR)
95,000 USD (75,86,130 INR)
Anywhere you decide to study Data Science abroad, the experience will help you develop your critical and creative thinking skills and knowledge of the crucial trends in philosophical thought throughout history. Therefore, individuals who wish to take their studies seriously and position themselves for future professional success might consider earning a Data Science degree overseas. To know more about your desired destination, target Universities and BSc data science course details, connect with professional consultants at Yocket today!
Ques. Which university has the best BSc in Data Science program?
Ans. Here are the best colleges offering BSc in Data Science: Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale University, Stanford University, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, California Institute of Technology, and Duke University.
Ques. What is the scope of bachelors in Data Science abroad?
Ans. The most valuable "transferable work skill" is Data Science. Data Science is an excellent option for post-graduate study and a profession in law, religion, commerce, international diplomacy, social work, medical administration, or literature due to its emphasis on reason and reasoning.
Ques. What is the duration of bachelors of Data Science abroad?
Ans. Generally, the BSc Data Science duration abroad depends on the location and universities you choose to study. The average duration of BSc Data Science is 3 years.
Ques. What are the popular specializations for bachelors in Data Science abroad?
Ans. The popular specializations for bachelors in Data Science abroad Programming, Mathematics, Statistics, Software engineering, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Algorithms, etc.
Ques. How much money does a Data Science major make?
Ans. Although Data Science majors' starting salaries are about average for all majors, by the middle of their careers. The average pay is USD 81,200 (64,85,906.84 INR).