Bachelors in Finance Abroad
Finance, as a professional field, is associated with the study of money, banking, capital markets, investments, debt and credit. As an occupation, Finance has a wide scope and numerous subdomains associated with it such as investment banking, stock trading, asset management, etc. But, at its essence, Finance is analogous with money management and acquiring the requisite funds for an organisation.
Finance professionals essentially try to deal with the questions of how and why an individual, business or government can acquire the “capital” needed, and how they should spend or invest that money, thereby, playing a significant role in all kinds of corporations as well as personal finances of individuals.
Finance professionals are responsible for capital and asset management as well as advising the individuals or corporations on investment strategies. If you wish to develop a career in this wide ranging field and find yourself interested in this discipline, a Bachelor’s program in Finance can prove to be a stepping stone in a flourishing career.
During the course of study, you will be acquainted with various technical know-hows of the financial world and how to apply the same to deal with practical problems. Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance will not only help you learn how wealth is measured but how finance influences and shapes the way organisations behave.
Finance is a vast domain with various facets to it, and studying a Bachelor’s program will help you navigate the discipline in its entirety which can be helpful if you choose to specialise in a distinct area later.
To be a resourceful and effective Finance profession in today’s dynamic business world, you must possess a robust knowledge base and critical thinking skills. Bachelor’s in Finance program structure is designed to shape you into an industry-ready professional. Below is the list of core courses in Bachelor’s of Finance:
- Accounting and Statistics for Financial Analysis
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Investments Analysis of Financial Statements
- Financial Management
- International Finance
If you wish to pursue a professional degree in finance, you must have a firm understanding of the required subjects to excel during your Bachelor's program. Following are the subjects required for Bachelor’s in Finance:
- Computer applications
Other possible specializations include:
- behavioral finance
- corporate finance
- financial mathematics
- financial accounting and analysis
- professional practice in finance
- finance research methods
- advanced derivatives
- management accounting
- asset markets
- financial reporting
- financial statement analysis
Top skills you need to work in the Finance :
- Hunger to learn. Roles in financial services involve providing information or advice – for example, journalism, data analysis, and customer service on complex systems.
- Market awareness.
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Customer service.
List of Finance Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships for International Students :
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students
- Bocconi Merit and International Awards
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- WMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for
- Developing Country Students
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students
Job roles in Corporate Finance include:
- Credit Analyst/Manager
- Treasury Analyst
- Cash Manager
- Capital Budgeting Analyst
Investment opportunities include:
- Securities Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Securities Trader
- Currency Trader
- Investment Banker
- Portfolio Manager
- Financial Planning and Wealth Management (CFP)