Sanika Udhoji Mentor_tag

2 months ago

Student Visa for France

Are you looking for a new study location in Europe? If your answer is yes, you should strongly consider studying in France!
These following benefits make France the ideal study abroad destination:
- France provides a distinctive, refined and vibrant academic experience
- France has seen a huge influx of students from all over the world, guaranteeing a diverse setting.
- Studying abroad in France will add to your resume, as France has long been a European and global hub of philosophy, arts, culture, and science
- France is a global economic, technological, and tourism powerhouse with the most famous courses being economics and business, fashion, hospitality, technology and tourism.

There are two types of student visas available for France:
1) a short-stay visa for less than 90 days (court sojourn pour études) and,
2) a long-stay visa for more than 90 days (visa étudiant long séjour valant titre de séjour).

But, if you are a non-European national and your course is more than three months, then a long-stay visa is required. There are two types of long-term student visa available:

1) The long-term visa used as Residence Permit (VLS-TS)
The particular visa needs to be validated upon arrival in the country and allows you to stay in France for one year with no need to request a residence permit. There are three types of long-stay student visas in France:

A) The Student VLS-TS Visa (For Bachelors and Masters)
The visa allows you to study in France for a period of four months to one year and needs to be validated upon arrival (you have a three-month period to validate). In case your studies last more than a year, then you should apply for a multi-annual residence permit.
This French student visa gives you the opportunity to travel freely within the Schengen Area countries, work as a student in France and also receive a subsidy from the French Family Allowance Fund.

B) The Talent Passport VLS-TS Visa
The talent passport long-stay visa allows you to stay and study in France for pursuing Doctorate degrees, work as a professor or researcher at an institution. It may be renewed, if needed. You need to be a Master’s degree holder in order to be able to apply for this type of French student visa.
The document you will need as a researcher or Doctoral student in France is the hosting agreement which clearly states the length and nature of the assignment at the institution. Be aware that this document must be sent by the host institute to the beneficiary and needs to be stamped by the official Consulate authorities in your home country. For studies lasting longer than a year, you need to apply for a multi-year Researcher Talent Passport residence permit during your first two months in France.

C) The Internship VLS-TS Visa
With this visa you can stay in France for an internship in a company or public hospital for more than three months. If your internship is less than three months, then another short-term type of visa is required. This type of visa needs to be validated by the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) as soon as possible after your arrival.

2) The temporary long-term visa (VLS-T)
The temporary long-term visa doesn’t need validation upon arrival and it cannot be renewed. With this type of visa, you can stay in France for one year for educational purposes, benefit from the French Social Security and travel freely within the Schengen countries.

#studyabroad #France #bachelors #ms #phd #diploma #visaacceptance #visa #visaguide #community_mentor #CommunityEngagement


Let’s keep Yocket clean, warm and supportive. Kindly adhere to our Community Guidelines when sharing posts.