The SWE Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to those who identify as a female/woman and are studying community college, baccalaureate, or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. In 2019, SWE awarded nearly 260 new and renewed scholarships valued at over $810,000.
A few main eligibility points:
- Only candidates who identify as a female/woman.
- Undergraduate/community college applicants must be planning to study an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- Masters and PhD candidates must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs in engineering, computing, or technology.
- You must be planning to attend full time (exceptions are made for reentry and non-traditional applicants).
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English. See below for more details
The Society of Women Engineers requires that all transcripts be submitted in English. Please be advised that the translation process of international scholarships can take several weeks. Below is some additional information for students, but please be advised that SWE will not verify that translations are valid.
Please be aware that there is a difference between evaluation and translation services:
- Translation services provide a direct translation of the content to English. They make no interpretation of your education. This direct, certified translation is the requirement for applicants to the SWE Scholarship program.
- Evaluation services, such as World Education Services (WES) and the Center for Educational Documentation (CED), analyze your academic records and are designed to provide an evaluation or compare your education to the U.S. system. You are welcome to provide an evaluation in addition to your official translation provided by a separate organization. However, a WES evaluation is not accepted as an official transcript.
How To Apply:
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year will open on December 1, 2020.
STEP 1: SELECT YOUR CLASS LEVEL
- Select your class level from the drop down list.
STEP 2: FILL OUT & CONFIRM YOUR APPLICATION
When you login after verifying your account, select your application from the list of Available Applications (there should only be at most one at any time).
- Fill out the questions on the application page and click 'Continue'. Additionally, you may 'Save for Later' and come back at any point before the deadline to submit the application.
- Confirm the responses you submitted, the terms and conditions, add your signature, and 'Confirm and Submit'.
STEP 3: COMPLETE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- By the same deadline as step 2, applicants must also submit contact information for: A faculty reference and a personal reference. To view the instructions on how to complete these requirements, please click on the appropriate "Show Instructions" link.
- Both references must also complete their recommendations for your application to be considered. Their deadline is ~1 week after the applicant deadline.
- Once SWE has received and processed your documents, the status will say 'Received' or 'Completed' next to each item.
Register Now to start the process.