This Sholarships for non-resident, first-time freshmen admitted to a degree-seeking program on CSU’s main campus in Fort Collins. All scholarships are for students starting in the fall or spring, unless noted otherwise; scholarships are not awarded to students starting in the summer term. All awards require enrollment in on-campus credits and students in CSU Online programs are not eligible. Students who have attended another college or university after high school graduation are not eligible.
To be considered for the non-resident merit awards, first-time non-resident freshmen must:
- Be an admitted student to a full-time degree seeking program on Colorado State University’s main campus for the fall or spring terms. CSU Online students are not eligible.
- Meet the stated academic criteria below. SAT scores refer to critical reading and math only; super-scoring may be used on ACT & SAT combined scores. Written sections are not considered for the SAT or the ACT.
- A total of 40,000 – 20,000 ( 10,000 – 5,000 per year, half paid each semester-fall/spring) will be awarded to merit scholars who meet the selection and renewal criteria. These students may receive this award for up to a total of eight (8) semesters, or until their degree is complete, whichever comes first.
How To Apply:
- Submit a complete application for admission by the priority date of February 1. Students who met the February 1 application date can submit new test scores and transcripts until May 1 to strengthen their scholarship eligibility.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements will be notified via mail. The award will also be posted to RAMweb in the Financial Aid Awards section.